Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions - Page 92

post #1366 of 1411
well the soundstage is lots bigger but i dont care about that. the bass is much much bigger on the 710 but i feel its just too much its like everything has been eq'd in abundance the lows the higs and even the mids an i d find myself wishing it would go away. the bass in particular is too ever present but its that everything feels too exuberant. the 710 is like the teenage brother of the 751 thats eaten a bag of red smarties, too energetic everywhere.

is it interesting? yes, but it doesnt work with all songs and some just sound not quite right. some really love it but i feel the 751 is smoother,more controlled and more refined.


oh and the cable on the 710 is ****
post #1367 of 1411
I found the C751 too recessed though so perhaps a coloration is what it needs. That's why I always EQ mine (increases the first 2 bars in my A816 to +2) and it sounds a lot better that way. I found using the Comply T400 tip to work very well in addressing the treble spike problem with this IEM.

Thanks anyway, mark.
post #1368 of 1411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
After 1 and a half years I'm still using the C751 with my trusty A816 DAP. Talk about an old and loyal timer!

And I don't have any plan to upgrade my portable setup for at least a few months ahead.
For curiosity's sake, does the C710 present a large improvement from the C700/C751?
Well, I think they sound much nicer, mainly in the mids which are much more forward, open and smooth. They have a more 'complete' sound if that makes sense. The C700/C751's mids were further back in the mix than the C710. Overall, the C710 just has a more vibrant and fun sound. If you like your sound 'polite'... you won't like the C710 lol, but I love how lively and involving they are



EDIT:

Mark-
I have the total opposite of your experience lol

The C710's are much smoother sounding to me than the C751. Are you still amping the C751?
post #1369 of 1411
I think the bass of the C-710s is on par with the C-700, very strong, but smooth. The highs of the C-710 are much better, much smoother, less exhausting.

I'm running mine out of my A816 too with zero EQ and it's just right.

Oh, and the gray foamie tips are far, far more comfortable than the silicone tips and the C-710s fit into my ears better than the C-700s. I had to wear the 700s flipped upside down to get them inserted enough to stay in. Haven't tried the 710s with the Koss tips though.
post #1370 of 1411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan View Post
I think the bass of the C-710s is on par with the C-700, very strong, but smooth. The highs of the C-710 are much better, much smoother, less exhausting.

I'm running mine out of my A816 too with zero EQ and it's just right.

Oh, and the gray foamie tips are far, far more comfortable than the silicone tips and the C-710s fit into my ears better than the C-700s. I had to wear the 700s flipped upside down to get them inserted enough to stay in. Haven't tried the 710s with the Koss tips though.
Ooh, I didn't even try the foam tips, are they like the Comply tips? I don't like them much, they're too big for my ears

And yeah, the C710 are easy to wear both ways, and more comfortable than the C700's. They used to hurt my ears after a few hours, but I can wear the C710's nearly all day wth no ill effects at all
post #1371 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Ooh, I didn't even try the foam tips, are they like the Comply tips? I don't like them much, they're too big for my ears

And yeah, the C710 are easy to wear both ways, and more comfortable than the C700's. They used to hurt my ears after a few hours, but I can wear the C710's nearly all day with no ill effects at all
I never ordered the Comply tips because I thought they would be too long and I had tried the Shure orange foams and did not like the sound on the C-700s. The Denon gray foams are similar to the Shure orange foams in comfort, which is a good thing. They hold in the ear better and seal off ambient noise better too. I'm really happy with the combo again and have no upgrade'itis for the Sony X1000 now. I need to put that $400 towards the new Audeze LCD-2s instead. Also need to sell off the SR-325s and K240 Sextetts to fund the rest of the LCD-2s, but my portable rig will stay the A816/C-710s with foams.
post #1372 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Well, I think they sound much nicer, mainly in the mids which are much more forward, open and smooth. They have a more 'complete' sound if that makes sense. The C700/C751's mids were further back in the mix than the C710. Overall, the C710 just has a more vibrant and fun sound. If you like your sound 'polite'... you won't like the C710 lol, but I love how lively and involving they are



EDIT:

Mark-
I have the total opposite of your experience lol

The C710's are much smoother sounding to me than the C751. Are you still amping the C751?
Thanks, soozieq. Now we have a totally opposite impression but this got me really curious.

It also doesn't help that the C710 doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The temptation...
post #1373 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Well, I think they sound much nicer, mainly in the mids which are much more forward, open and smooth. They have a more 'complete' sound if that makes sense. The C700/C751's mids were further back in the mix than the C710. Overall, the C710 just has a more vibrant and fun sound. If you like your sound 'polite'... you won't like the C710 lol, but I love how lively and involving they are



EDIT:

Mark-
I have the total opposite of your experience lol

The C710's are much smoother sounding to me than the C751. Are you still amping the C751?
well yes but only for ipod line out, amping doesnt improve them any unlike the the 751 which just loves the icon mobile, sooo much loves it
post #1374 of 1411
If someone doesn't like their C710, I could trade my C700 and $40 for a pair to try.
post #1375 of 1411
Let's bring this back. I just bought a pair of C751 for $72.
post #1376 of 1411
well, what do you make of them?
post #1377 of 1411
they've not arrived yet. wonder how they'll fare against the similarly priced and much loved RE0.
post #1378 of 1411
lots less detail and clarity and a lots more bass, they really a fun interesting sounding IEM

sh and if they new the need a b urn in to tame the highs on them
post #1379 of 1411
ah, exactly what i was looking for, actually. sounds like a good complement to the RE0. and very durable, i imagine? i had the C551, and i was hoping it'd be similarly tough and that it'd sound like more (and better) of the same.
post #1380 of 1411
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
ah, exactly what i was looking for, actually. sounds like a good complement to the RE0. and very durable, i imagine? i had the C551, and i was hoping it'd be similarly tough and that it'd sound like more (and better) of the same.
I liked them a lot more than the C551. If I remember rightly, the C551 had even more bass, but the highs were more muted. The C700/751's are built like a tank, and the cable is just genius
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions