New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FS: Custom CMoy boards - Page 2

post #16 of 108
Thread Starter 
Yes, it can use whatever power your op-amp needs, provided its not more than 20mA (TLE2426 limitation).
post #17 of 108
Thread Starter 
any of my buyers have reviews of your build & sound impressions?
post #18 of 108
Sure.

I've built three CMoys using Joshatdot's PCB v1.03. They work perfectly and were pain-free to assemble once I'd worked out the first prototype. All of them sound great!

Compared to building a Tangent CMoy, using these PCBs was a piece of cake. Highly recommended for new DIYers.
post #19 of 108
Is it possible to get a raincheck on the 7 bucks shipped a board price? Because I might get one if I get a new set of headphones for the holidays to replace my currently ductaped ones that just fell apart a few days back. So I might not be able to get in on the 7 dollar special in time :P

Looks like it will be much easier for me to build than a protoboard

Also what parts would I need instead to run it off a 9volt DC external power supply instead of batteries (for use as a "home" amp next to my pc)? I imagine just a 9volt powersupply (we have more than a few of them sitting around) and a proper input jack for it?
post #20 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicallySilent View Post
Is it possible to get a raincheck on the 7 bucks shipped a board price? Because I might get one if I get a new set of headphones for the holidays to replace my currently ductaped ones that just fell apart a few days back. So I might not be able to get in on the 7 dollar special in time :P

Looks like it will be much easier for me to build than a protoboard

Also what parts would I need instead to run it off a 9volt DC external power supply instead of batteries (for use as a "home" amp next to my pc)? I imagine just a 9volt powersupply (we have more than a few of them sitting around) and a proper input jack for it?
Sure thing for the $ after xmass price.

Yeah for the external 9V PSU, just solder in + & - wires of the jack to the + & - on the board. You don't need much mAh from the PSU, 100mAh would be plenty enuff.
post #21 of 108
Thread Starter 
Also, I would like you to check out Tangent's PSU tests page Power Supply Tests . Because a clean DC PSU means clean audio amp'ing.
post #22 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
Xmass Special, $7 shipped US & CAN, add $3 for each extra board.
I just found this thread - are these boards/prices still good? I am interested in two of them

Paypal OK?

Will
post #23 of 108
Thread Starter 
Prices are still good..but I got limited PCB's on hand now (2 on hand). I will be emailing Omliex for another batch.

PP will be fine PM me your email, and I'll sent you a Invoice.
post #24 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
PP will be fine PM me your email, and I'll sent you a Invoice.
Just sent you a PM (actually TWO of them - I forgot my email on the first one!).

Thanks,
Will
post #25 of 108
Paypal sent - thanks much

Will
post #26 of 108
Joshatdot - I see the Digi-Key parts list on your post #1 - can you please point me to the exact schematic of your CMoy variation?

Will
post #27 of 108
For those of you who plan to build a Joshatdot CMoy, I have an alternate parts list that worked well. Here's the thread on the DIY forum that detailed my progress:

CMoy using Joshatdot PCB - Built and Working

The one correction I'd have for that list is that the op-amp I have listed (OPA2228) may not work without custom bypassing (see near the end of the thread). Stick with one of these op-amps:

AD823
NE5532
NE5534
OPA2132*
OPA2134*
OPA2227

*recommended for compatibility, 2132 is the more expensive variant
post #28 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
Joshatdot - I see the Digi-Key parts list on your post #1 - can you please point me to the exact schematic of your CMoy variation?

Will
Here you go

post #29 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
Here you go

(snip)
Thanks much

Will
post #30 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesymphony View Post
For those of you who plan to build a Joshatdot CMoy, I have an alternate parts list that worked well. Here's the thread on the DIY forum that detailed my progress:

CMoy using Joshatdot PCB - Built and Working

The one correction I'd have for that list is that the op-amp I have listed (OPA2228) may not work without custom bypassing (see near the end of the thread). Stick with one of these op-amps:

AD823
NE5532
NE5534
OPA2132*
OPA2134*
OPA2227

*recommended for compatibility, 2132 is the more expensive variant
Good thread on your work with the changes. In the end, what were your changes to the original design? Can you please share a short summary of what parts you changed/added to Joshatdot's schematic/parts list.

Will
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home