- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/20/17 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
HD650 uses HD580 drivers?? - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't seem to find this thread before. If no one is discussing it on head-fi I must surely have a fake! No no... alls normal (whew)... Thanks to Gurra1980! and Tyll!
Okie dokie; back to our regularly scheduled broadcast:
I just recieved this correspondance from Katrin Huss:
".......The membrane material for HD 580/600/650 is indeed the same, although the drivers are different......
Product Marketing Manager"
To be more precise: If you order spares for the 3 models, you'll get the following
HD 580 091570 System 300R
HD 600 091570 System 300R
HD 650 092855 System 300R
The systems of the HD 580 and the HD 600 are exactly the same. The difference of sound is only done by the housing itself. Its contour and sound outlet grill, etc.
The system in the HD 650 is a modified version of the HD 580/600. The membrane is the same, the magnet too, but some added materials inside the system differ. The difference of sound is done by the resonator of the system too.
This offers the HD 600 a frequency response of 12.....39000 Hz
the HD 650 a frequency response of 10.....39500 Hz.
That seems to be only fine tuning, but with tolerances of the sound at
+/- 3dB it makes it easy to recognize that it is different. The carbon
fibre frame (of the HD6xx series) is not relevant for the sound.
With best regards
Marketing Operations Service Support
Honestly, I've had my 650's for five years now, and I find them to be veiled. I have a few serious audio setups at my house, and the precision/warmth combo just isn't there with the 650's. I will agree, they have great sound staging, but un-veiled they are not.
- HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 15 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 33 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear