- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 7:42 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
HD650 uses HD580 drivers?? - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't seem to find this thread before. If no one is discussing it on head-fi I must surely have a fake! No no... alls normal (whew)... Thanks to Gurra1980! and Tyll!
Okie dokie; back to our regularly scheduled broadcast:
I just recieved this correspondance from Katrin Huss:
".......The membrane material for HD 580/600/650 is indeed the same, although the drivers are different......
Product Marketing Manager"
To be more precise: If you order spares for the 3 models, you'll get the following
HD 580 091570 System 300R
HD 600 091570 System 300R
HD 650 092855 System 300R
The systems of the HD 580 and the HD 600 are exactly the same. The difference of sound is only done by the housing itself. Its contour and sound outlet grill, etc.
The system in the HD 650 is a modified version of the HD 580/600. The membrane is the same, the magnet too, but some added materials inside the system differ. The difference of sound is done by the resonator of the system too.
This offers the HD 600 a frequency response of 12.....39000 Hz
the HD 650 a frequency response of 10.....39500 Hz.
That seems to be only fine tuning, but with tolerances of the sound at
+/- 3dB it makes it easy to recognize that it is different. The carbon
fibre frame (of the HD6xx series) is not relevant for the sound.
With best regards
Marketing Operations Service Support
Honestly, I've had my 650's for five years now, and I find them to be veiled. I have a few serious audio setups at my house, and the precision/warmth combo just isn't there with the 650's. I will agree, they have great sound staging, but un-veiled they are not.
- HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
- › Earbuds Round-Up 13 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 34 seconds ago
- › E-MU Wooden Series Headphones 41 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 46 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 53 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear