or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD650 uses HD580 drivers?? - Page 25

post #361 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourmaline View Post
Of course it is NOT ok. I've owned all three headphones and i can tell you for sure that the hd650 sounds nowhere near a hd580.
I agree.People who say that they sound the same are deaf...
post #362 of 502
Maybe I will just buy the Beyerdynamic DT880 instead, no wondering if they are hampered :l
post #363 of 502
I checked my drivers, and fortunately, they are stamped with a date and have no HD580 markings.

I've been following this thread with interest to find out what the story is about these. If nothing else, Sennheiser has done a horrendous job of PR control here. The longer they wait to provide a definitive response as to why some people have drivers marked 'HD580,' the more suspicions will grow. They are really damaging their reputation right now.
post #364 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples View Post
Maybe I will just buy the Beyerdynamic DT880 instead, no wondering if they are hampered :l
And you know this for sure, because.......?
















only kidding.
post #365 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by karma View Post
I've been following this thread with interest to find out what the story is about these. If nothing else, Sennheiser has done a horrendous job of PR control here. The longer they wait to provide a definitive response as to why some people have drivers marked 'HD580,' the more suspicions will grow. They are really damaging their reputation right now.

Its irresponsible of Sennheiser. Not had a reply to any emails I've sent.

Its not even as though Head-Fi is a small site. I bet their reps are leaning on their cauldrons laughing at us.
post #366 of 502
Sennheiser needs to consult with former American Motors CEO Gerald Meyers, who is now a crisis management consultant. "Getting in front of the issue" does not seem to be a concept that Senn understands. Hopefully someone at Headroom can shake some information out of them on Monday and repeat it here.
post #367 of 502
And I was thinking of picking up a pair of 650s and see how I like them compared to my in your face Grados. A shame they haven't addressed this issue yet, they are alienating some important people here. Quite often many of my friends and family members will consult me about headphones before making a purchase because they see me as a Headphone freak and I'm sure this applies to many of the members here. It will be hard to recommend Senns after this fiasco.

Cheers,

Donny
post #368 of 502
ChrisSpeed is overreacting a lot, they are a big company and things like this can take time to get to the bottom of, however, more could be done to quell the fears of a loyal userbase like this one. But this has not ruined my respect for Sennheiser.
post #369 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcharz View Post
ChrisSpeed is overreacting a lot, they are a big company and things like this can take time to get to the bottom of, however, more could be done to quell the fears of a loyal userbase like this one. But this has not ruined my respect for Sennheiser.

Lol, overreacting? Hehe, how many times, I'd should be praising the gods, I 'upgraded' from some 580s...to some 580s.

They are a big company. Umm, that kind of says the opposite of what you said: 'things like this can take time to get to the bottom of', I'd think they should have a huge, super-smooth PR network.
Why do you think Xin amps take an age to be delivered?

This thread is over 3 weeks old. We had 2 responses from Sennheiser, shame they were virtually identical and told us nothing.




Don't try and make Sennheiser appear unjustly derided. The facts have never changed and whether you think its a fair cause is up to you, time is passing by...when is a long time then?
post #370 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chri5peed View Post
Lol, overreacting? Hehe, how many times, I'd should be praising the gods, I 'upgraded' from some 580s...to some 580s.

They are a big company. Umm, that kind of says the opposite of what you said: 'things like this can take time to get to the bottom of', I'd think they should have a huge, super-smooth PR network.
Why do you think Xin amps take an age to be delivered?

This thread is over 3 weeks old. We had 2 responses from Sennheiser, shame they were virtually identical and told us nothing.




Don't try and make Sennheiser appear unjustly derided. The facts have never changed and whether you think its a fair cause is up to you, time is passing by...when is a long time then?
Yes, the thread is 3 weeks old and there were two posts by a rep, but that's it. I agree that the rep did a poor job of answering any questions at all, but with all due respect, Sennheiser as a company is likely unaware of this thread. How many people here have calls and/or written senn to try to get a response? All I've seen is people complain and speculate. I have yet to see someone actually do something useful.
post #371 of 502
soloz2,

Read the thread again. Several of us have called and/or emailed Sennheiser, including a moderator, and at least one has contacted Headroom.
post #372 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chri5peed View Post
This has destroyed any respect I had for them. If they reply now, it'll just be bowing to pressure. Should have been on Page 1 or 2, 300 replies ago. 359 replies/18 pages, how much more?
Congrats on a giant overreaction and depriving yourself of a great listening experience.

There's no point in further posts in this thread until there's an update from Sennheiser. What we know up to this point is that the 650s are definitely NOT supposed to have the same drivers and that most of us don't have hd580 stamped on our drivers. What hasn't been explained yet, and this is the only thing, is what that designation on the driver means. Maybe there was a fabrication error and a bunch of 650 drivers got marked the wrong way? I just love how 99% of the people here are jumping to the conclusion that the big-bad-Sennheiser intentionally put inferior drivers into their headphones and they were so clever as to clearly mark the drivers. Again, . Some folks need to take a deep breath and realize that this thread (and this site) are so far from the top of Sennheiser's things to do list that it might take a while to get an answer. Calm down.
post #373 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggf View Post
soloz2,

Read the thread again. Several of us have called and/or emailed Sennheiser, including a moderator, and at least one has contacted Headroom.
I have read the thread. I have not seen anyone post that they called or wrote Senn directly. I have seen people ask dealers, but then the dealer has to ask their Reps and so on. I said before and I'll say it again, the only response from Senn has been from the person who posted and they did a poor job of explaining anything. By all means be angry and frustrated with that person, but I see no evidence in this thread that the right people at Senn are even aware of the issue.
post #374 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
I have read the thread. I have not seen anyone post that they called or wrote Senn directly. I have seen people ask dealers, but then the dealer has to ask their Reps and so on. I said before and I'll say it again, the only response from Senn has been from the person who posted and they did a poor job of explaining anything. By all means be angry and frustrated with that person, but I see no evidence in this thread that the right people at Senn are even aware of the issue.
I was one of those people who called Sennheiser. Perhaps you missed my posts about same?
post #375 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
I just love how 99% of the people here are jumping to the conclusion that the big-bad-Sennheiser intentionally put inferior drivers into their headphones
To be fair, I've read the whole thread and I think very few people have suggested anything underhand by Sennheiser.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD650 uses HD580 drivers??