or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD650 uses HD580 drivers?? - Page 18

post #256 of 502
well i know mine are going back like a mofo if sennheiser doesn't reply with a satisfying answer and a free HE90 as an apology.

but till then, i'm enjoying my free pair of hd6580whatevs. gg sennheiser.
post #257 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesrose View Post
Who knows.....we don't even know if these drivers are actual HD580 drivers. But there's a whole lotta speculation and temper tantrums going on in this thread

Are you being serious?


I really don't see whats wrong with being annoyed. Would you say something if you ordered and paid for a BMW M3 GTR and got a GT delivered. Or just ignore it and put it down to bad luck.
post #258 of 502
no need for analogies.

anyone saying they wouldn't be bothered with HD580 reading on their newly acquired HD650s and not knowing why, is full of sh1te.
post #259 of 502
^ There obviously is, for those full of sh1te.
post #260 of 502
The fact that we haven't gotten a definitive answer on this yet is absolutely mindblowing.
post #261 of 502
The fact that no one even has an HD580 that says HD580 on them, and yet people are whining is mind blowing.
post #262 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcharz View Post
The fact that we haven't gotten a definitive answer on this yet is absolutely mindblowing.
Brings to mind the image of suits running frantically up and down the hallways of Sennheiser trying to concoct a plausible sounding story to tell the public, their fans... The truth would never do.
post #263 of 502
So who's the new US rep? Anybody heard?
post #264 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordXenu View Post
The fact that no one even has an HD580 that says HD580 on them, and yet people are whining is mind blowing.
Tell me why again we should blindly trust a company to not screw us over?
post #265 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcharz View Post
Tell me why again we should blindly trust a company to not screw us over?
If you don't trust Sennheiser...Why don't you just exchange the headphones for another pair? And if it says it, exchange it again. And if it still says it, then return it and buy an older pair second-hand, or get a different model.
post #266 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I have it from a reliable source that the next batch of HD650 drivers will read: "HE90, Hail Head-Fi!"


And why is it I have the feeling people will start to complain their HD650 sound like a plain old ordinary HD650....
Hah!

The point of this whole mess is that we need an answer as to why there is a 580 marked driver in the 650.

The point of whether or not it sounds like the 650 is NOT the point.

The point is to ask why and whether we have been screwed or is this a mistake or is this merely a driver that has been retrofitted to spec out the same as the 650 drivers.

If you guys think we're all whining, then maybe we are. But I feel that it's justified that we get a straight answer.

I'm putting my purchase on hold until this matter is straightened out.... this whole thing is ridiculous if you ask me.

post #267 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordXenu View Post
If you don't trust Sennheiser...Why don't you just exchange the headphones for another pair? And if it says it, exchange it again. And if it still says it, then return it and buy an older pair second-hand, or get a different model.
Or how about Sennheiser gives us a straight answer and we avoid trying to fix something that should be taken cared of considering these are $499 retail???


Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordXenu View Post
The fact that no one even has an HD580 that says HD580 on them, and yet people are whining is mind blowing.
And you suggest we take it like a bunch of idiots?

You want us to bend over and drop our pants too??
post #268 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_V View Post
Hah!

The point of this whole mess is that we need an answer as to why there is a 580 marked driver in the 650.

The point of whether or not it sounds like the 650 is NOT the point.

The point is to ask why and whether we have been screwed or is this a mistake or is this merely a driver that has been retrofitted to spec out the same as the 650 drivers.

If you guys think we're all whining, then maybe we are. But I feel that it's justified that we get a straight answer.

I'm putting my purchase on hold until this matter is straightened out.... this whole thing is ridiculous if you ask me.

What does it matter if it sounds the same as any other HD650?
post #269 of 502
The first thing that Sennheiser needs to do is to replace whoever is their representative to this forum.

When you think about how well-spoken other industry reps are here - I'm thinking of Tyll from Headroom, or Jan Meier - well, you get the point.

And suggesting that perhaps there's a "language problem" does not exculpate him/her, it only makes one wonder why Sennheiser created one in the first place.

Kwarth is right. There is an easy, truthful answer to this problem.

The fact that an easy, graceful, true answer is not forthcoming implies that Sennhesier has a reason to not want to tell us the truth. They may be facing legal issues of recalls or replacements or governmental action, if they've screwed up. That could involve quite a bit of money.

You know, I could happily live with the AKG K701 as my sole can, if necessary. Do they really want Sen fanboys thinking that way? And if I am, what about less dedicated users?

If this is not resolved, here, right away, I'll find out who the important players in the company are, both in the US and in Germany, discuss the rep's attitude and lack of communication, and detail the concerns.

The worst that can happen is that there's no response, which will tell Head-Fi how much Senn cares about the community.

Or that we'll all be wearing white Princess Leia doughnuts on our skulls.
post #270 of 502

Really weird.

So I have been lurking in these forums for some time and this thread made me sign up. I love the intelligent reviews and overall enthusiasm on these boards and I thought you all deserved to hear this.

My friend recently ordered some HD650's from a foreign distributor and I went over to his house to take a listen. I was expecting to be blown away. He has a really good setup to drive them too.

Upon listening to the first few songs I was impressed but it wasn't really all that I had hoped. I told him, "man these things sound similar to my 580's at home".

Well I read this forum and went back over to his house straight away to do a little inspecting, taking of course my 580's with me. Sure enough, inside his cans we find the dreaded "580 makro" stamp on his drivers. I plug my real 580's into his setup and we both find them identical in sound. My friend is really dissapointed right now and depressed and I really hope this is not Sennheiser's fault.

Something weird is going on here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD650 uses HD580 drivers??