or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 3498

post #52456 of 70959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

XSCAPE - MJ


 

Listening to this album again. The newer versions of the songs definitely has poor production, whereas the 'original' versions also in the 2nd half of the CD have better quality. I can't believe people who are in charge of music lets something like clipping happen on recordings.

post #52457 of 70959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

Listening to this album again. The newer versions of the songs definitely has poor production, whereas the 'original' versions also in the 2nd half of the CD have better quality. I can't believe people who are in charge of music lets something like clipping happen on recordings.

Sadly in my experience clipping is very common, especially in Pop and Rock. I to have heard the differences you reference, the "original" versions are better.

post #52458 of 70959

Rock is the worst culprit, especially stuff that comes out of Punk acts that are moving into the mainstream. For some reason producers can't seem to deal with the loudness of a punk act when they fit it into a commercially viable form. If you listen to some recent albums from Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, or Against Me!, they all sound terrible in the treble region.

post #52459 of 70959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

Listening to this album again. The newer versions of the songs definitely has poor production, whereas the 'original' versions also in the 2nd half of the CD have better quality. I can't believe people who are in charge of music lets something like clipping happen on recordings.

I know...but what I can't believe more is how they got away with it. On the first track, the supposed "remaster" of "Love Never Felt So Good," the clap went out of sync with the etire song on the 2nd chorus. It was horrible. MJ would not like this if he were still here right now.

post #52460 of 70959
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

I know...but what I can't believe more is how they got away with it. On the first track, the supposed "remaster" of "Love Never Felt So Good," the clap went out of sync with the etire song on the 2nd chorus. It was horrible. MJ would not like this if he were still here right now.

Guns-N-Roses "Appetite For Destruction" on better HP's sounds horrible on CD, good production and mastering is so important with the better HP's this can't be understated.

post #52461 of 70959

post #52462 of 70959
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Guns-N-Roses "Appetite For Destruction" on better HP's sounds horrible on CD, good production and mastering is so important with the better HP's this can't be understated.

+1

post #52463 of 70959

post #52464 of 70959

This.

 

Brilliant album by one of the most productive and quirky artists there is, William Oldham.

post #52465 of 70959

post #52466 of 70959

post #52467 of 70959

post #52468 of 70959

post #52469 of 70959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post
 

Received the 2 Vinyl 45 RPM LP set last month...have been too busy to sit down with it. So, how does it sound? Maybe Sunday night.

post #52470 of 70959

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90


Edited by MrTechAgent - 5/22/14 at 8:06am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.