Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 3474

post #52096 of 55208
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

It leaked.  You can download it from a million sites.  I haven't heard the whole album yet but the singles they released from it were extremely boring and 100% meh.

 

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of the record. I think it's excellent.

post #52097 of 55208
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post
 

 

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of the record. I think it's excellent.


Is it similar to the older albums or more like Brother? The latter to seems more radio friendly while still sticking to their stuff, either or works. Black Keys are just kickass like that

post #52098 of 55208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 


Is it similar to the older albums or more like Brother? The latter to seems more radio friendly while still sticking to their stuff, either or works. Black Keys are just kickass like that

 

Try this review:

 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/turn-blue-20140505

post #52099 of 55208

Do you know of a place where I can stream it other than iTunes? 

post #52100 of 55208

post #52101 of 55208

post #52102 of 55208
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenammo View Post
 

 

I'm not very familiar with Alkaline Trio's catalog, since most of their music that I own comes from compilations (The Music of Tony Sly: A Tribute, Plea For Peace, etc.); is this a new album?

post #52103 of 55208

Lupe Fiasco: Japanese Cartoon- Crowd Reaction

post #52104 of 55208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

I'm not very familiar with Alkaline Trio's catalog, since most of their music that I own comes from compilations (The Music of Tony Sly: A Tribute, Plea For Peace, etc.); is this a new album?

 

Coincidentally, this is my first listen of any Alkaline Trio album. A co-worker loaned me this CD, which was released in 2005. I like it so far. Good alt-rock and a clean recording. I'll be checking out others from their catalog. :smile: 

post #52105 of 55208

Nice!! Me likes

post #52106 of 55208

 

This week I've listened to all these albums in their entirety, repeatedly. April showers of hellfire did indeed bring May flowers of evil! There has been a ton of great new music this spring. This is a recap of some of my favorites released since April, and a ranked list of the 100 best albums so far this year. http://fastnbulbous.com/2014-albums-so-far/

post #52107 of 55208

Clean Tears - Tonality

 

Clean Tears' new album. HELL. YES.

post #52108 of 55208

post #52109 of 55208

And now for something completely different...

 

Cute he ain't, but Ray Wylie Hubbard can write a song:

 

 

I love how he references "She danced with The Dead at the pyramids." A reference to the Grateful Dead's famous performance at the pyramids in Egypt that nearly financially destroyed the band.

post #52110 of 55208

This is where, once upon a time, my love for Shostakovich  (and string quartets) started..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.