Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 3287

post #49291 of 57167

张伟珈 - 把梦写给你

 

You probably don't know what it means, but artist is Zhang Wei Jia.

     Pretty unknown artist, just picked this CD up from one of those guys I see riding their e-bike (loaded with massive speakers and a s'tload of CDs that look like little vinyl records) to a particular location and play their music. My dad and I were drawn in by the beautiful Latin-style rendition of a song that is called 过火 (Over-the-Top). The album's actually up for download (in .wav even), but since I haven't heard the album until that time I bought the CD, so I guess my 15 RMB (only a two-fitty) was worth it, more or less. 

     Up for download on the Chinese Xiaomi forums. This woman is pretty underrated IMO. The guys over on teh thread like her, which is a good thing, lol. You should download it, even though you wouldn't understand a word she says. You wouldn't be disappointed, because the album is great. Download it. You know you want to.

http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/thread-8192835-1-1.html

 

Happy listening! :L3000:

post #49292 of 57167
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

张伟珈 - 把梦写给你

 

You probably don't know what it means, but artist is Zhang Wei Jia.

     Pretty unknown artist, just picked this CD up from one of those guys I see riding their e-bike (loaded with massive speakers and a s'tload of CDs that look like little vinyl records) to a particular location and play their music. My dad and I were drawn in by the beautiful Latin-style rendition of a song that is called 过火 (Over-the-Top). The album's actually up for download (in .wav even), but since I haven't heard the album until that time I bought the CD, so I guess my 15 RMB (only a two-fitty) was worth it, more or less. 

     Up for download on the Chinese Xiaomi forums. This woman is pretty underrated IMO. The guys over on teh thread like her, which is a good thing, lol. You should download it, even though you wouldn't understand a word she says. You wouldn't be disappointed, because the album is great. Download it. You know you want to.

http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/thread-8192835-1-1.html

 

Happy listening! :L3000:


If only we all read Chinese and could find the download.:rolleyes:

post #49293 of 57167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


If only we all read Chinese and could find the download.:rolleyes:

Here:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3913024737&uk=3241436857

 

Use Chrome and its built-in Google Translate, meng. Simple as that.

 

You can thank me later. :D

post #49294 of 57167
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Here:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3913024737&uk=3241436857

 

Use Chrome and its built-in Google Translate, meng. Simple as that.

 

You can thank me later. :D


Thanks.

 

I have a major aversion to Chrome, so the link is appreciated.

post #49295 of 57167

New Schiit Valhalla and Modi with Sennhieser HD-650

 

album Chesky Records

 

Explorations in space and time

 

:beyersmile:

post #49296 of 57167
post #49297 of 57167

 

Old Photo

by Aleksey Chistilin

post #49298 of 57167

RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik 

 

You guys all know this one, the pinnacle of peppers. 

post #49299 of 57167

post #49300 of 57167

post #49301 of 57167

Elton's 2nd album 24/96 

He may have failed the audition as the lead singer for King Crimson as Reginald Dwight, but he hit it big with this album as Elton John. 

Before he succeeded as a performer, Elton had his first musical success as part of a songwriting team with Bernie Taupin.  

Taupin could write lyrics for a song in one hour and Elton could set music to the lyrics in 1/2 hour.  

post #49302 of 57167
post #49303 of 57167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Elton's 2nd album 24/96 

He may have failed the audition as the lead singer for King Crimson as Reginald Dwight, but he hit it big with this album as Elton John. 

Before he succeeded as a performer, Elton had his first musical success as part of a songwriting team with Bernie Taupin.  

Taupin could write lyrics for a song in one hour and Elton could set music to the lyrics in 1/2 hour.  

Wow, he went and auditioned for king crimson? I did not now that, Was this after Gregg lake left or before? 

post #49304 of 57167

 

I noticed today that I never did get to hear my copy of Trivium's Vengeance Falls on vinyl. So I finally am giving it a run and it is so amazing! I love it!

post #49305 of 57167
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

Wow, he went and auditioned for king crimson? I did not now that, Was this after Gregg lake left or before? 

The group turned down Elton and hired Greg Lake who took their PA equipment as his payment, and so the story goes.

Maybe, worked out in the end, better for both.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.