Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 3271

post #49051 of 55348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Elite View Post
 

When I was first getting into jazz and classical I disliked the recordings where I could hear the pianist's vocalizations, because I didn't understand what those sounds were and mistook them for random noises that occurred in the studio and could be heard on the recording. I kept wondering "who the heck let's people talk in the background when music is being recorded?". Then when I finally realized at some point I was in fact hearing the pianist him- or herself humming along to the tune, or moaning and grunting because they were so in the moment and were simply so excited about what they heard that they couldn't help themselves, my position took a complete turnaround and now I have no issue whatsoever hearing musicians' vocalizations on tape. On the contrary, I rather enjoy it and feel it adds to the performance. Once I realized those sounds weren't something that wasn't intended to be heard, all of my negative feelings disappeared in an instant.

 


 

 

coralmines - AVANNA EP

https://coral422.bandcamp.com/album/avanna-ep (FREE!)

 

Now listening to this. Lovin' it!

I hear what you say and agree, I'm almost never bothered by it..for Jarrett I'll have to make make an exception though, there are limits you know  ..


Edited by Quinto - 1/7/14 at 1:13am
post #49052 of 55348

 

http://www.comatonse.com/releases/stock_midtown120blues.html

post #49053 of 55348

post #49054 of 55348

"Prairie Wind" - Neil Young

 

"Good News For People Who Love Bad News" - Modest Mouse

post #49055 of 55348

post #49056 of 55348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post

 

I hear what you say and agree, I'm almost never bothered by it..for Jarrett I'll have to make make an exception though, there are limits you know  ..

I'm a big fan of Jarrett but don't ever remember being bothered by his "liveliness". I can fully understand why it might annoy some people, though. The thing is, when I listen to music that is truly exceptional, I myself also sometimes just scream out loud because I'm so excited. So I guess I just find it so easy to relate to the musicians in my own small way.

 


 

I just started listening to Otographic Arts live on Ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otographic-arts

 

Edit: Man, they really dropped a bomb at the end of the show. Shingo Nakamura is releasing an album on Otographic, release date March 5. http://days.otographicmusic.com/


Edited by TJ Elite - 1/7/14 at 7:18am
post #49057 of 55348

 

sniff...

post #49058 of 55348

this album sounds incredible on hd800 

 

post #49059 of 55348

^^^+1

post #49060 of 55348
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post
 

 

You're kidding, right?!?! Never heard of Supertramp?!?!

 

Come on....OK, you're pulling our legs....

 

We're talking about Supertramp!!!!!

 

OK, deep breath...lol.     It's hard to pick favorites, but if I had to rank them in order, it would be...

 

1. Even in the Quietest Moments

2. Crime of the Century

3. Breakfast in America

4. Crisis, What Crisis

 

They really are hard to rank because each has their moments of greatness, but take each album as a whole, and that's where I rank them.

Fools Overture from Even In The Quietest Moments one of my favorites from Supertramp

post #49061 of 55348

Manassas [ 1972 ]

 

Manassas is the 1972 debut double album fromStephen Stillsband of the same name.

"It Doesn't Matter" was released as a single and peaked at #61.[3] Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones plays bass on and co-authored

"The Love Gangster" and is reported to have said that he would have left the Stones to join Manassas.[1]

Manassas marked a critical comeback for Stills, with Allmusic calling it a "sprawling masterpiece"[1] and Rolling Stone saying

it was "reassuring to know that Stills has some good music still inside him".

 

The album debuted on the Billboard Top LP's chart for the week ending April 29, 1972 and eventually peaked at #4] in June.

Stills' album shared the Top 10 with an album by David Crosby and Graham Nash (Graham Nash David Crosby) and an album

by Neil Young (Harvest), all collectively members of the quartet Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

Track listing

All songs by Stephen Stills except as noted; the four suites of music correspond to the four sides of the album's original LP release. However, the cassette release on Atlantic featuring the catalogue number JS 2 903 contains Sides 1 and 4 of the vinyl release on Side 1, and Sides 2 and 3 on Side 2.

 

The Raven

  1. "Song of Love" – 3:28
  2. Medley – 3:34

    "Rock & Roll Crazies" (Stephen Stills, Dallas Taylor)

    "Cuban Bluegrass" (Stephen Stills, Joe Lala)

  3. "Jet Set (Sigh)" – 4:25
  4. "Anyway" – 3:21
  5. "Both of Us (Bound to Lose)" (Stephen Stills, Chris Hillman) – 3:00

The Wilderness

  1. "Fallen Eagle" – 2:03
  2. "Jesus Gave Love Away for Free" – 2:59
  3. "Colorado" – 2:50
  4. "So Begins the Task" – 3:57
  5. "Hide It So Deep" – 2:44
  6. "Don't Look at My Shadow" – 2:30

Consider

  1. "It Doesn't Matter" (Chris Hillman, Rick Roberts, Stephen Stills) – 2:30
    • Note: Original releases of Manassasdo not credit Roberts as a co-author.
  2. "Johnny's Garden" – 2:45
  3. "Bound to Fall" (Mike Brewer, Tom Mastin) – 1:53
    • Note: Original releases of Manassasdo not credit Mastin as a co-author.
  4. "How Far" – 2:49
  5. "Move Around" – 4:15
  6. "The Love Gangster" (Stephen Stills, Bill Wyman) – 2:51

Rock & Roll is Here to Stay

  1. "What to Do" – 4:44
  2. "Right Now" – 2:58
  3. "The Treasure (Take One)" – 8:03
  4. "Blues Man" – 4:04
post #49062 of 55348

post #49063 of 55348
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

Fools Overture from Even In The Quietest Moments one of my favorites from Supertramp

Do you remember that TV show that used Fool's Overture for its theme? I think it was called W5...

Edit - well, I see its still on CTV. Im guessing they have different music now.
post #49064 of 55348

lovely in hi res...

post #49065 of 55348
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


Do you remember that TV show that used Fool's Overture for its theme? I think it was called W5...

Edit - well, I see its still on CTV. Im guessing they have different music now.

Exactly. Dont know if they still have the same tune will check it out maybe they still do! Didnt they have back in the day Pamela Wallen and Mike Duffy on that program questionnable characters these days over here!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.