Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 3193

post #47881 of 56625

Wow, how time flies! I bought this album by mailorder from Matador Records in 1997. That seems pretty recent, but actually it was 16 years ago. I used to listen to it a lot, but somehow it fell by the wayside. DLeeWebb was talking about Modest Mouse, and that made me go back through my collection... I'm glad I did, because I'm really enjoying this:

 

 

Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West (1997)

post #47882 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post
 

Wow, how time flies! I bought this album by mailorder from Matador Records in 1997. That seems pretty recent, but actually it was 16 years ago. I used to listen to it a lot, but somehow it fell by the wayside... I'm glad I did, because I'm really enjoying this

Yes! The Mouse Rules!

post #47883 of 56625

 

File source: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ZZ_Top_-_ZZ_Top%27s_First_Album.jpg

post #47884 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I ordered the FLAC....Nice find!

I like it smily_headphones1.gif Where did you find the FLAC?
post #47885 of 56625

File:Ted nugent album cover.jpg

post #47886 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I ordered the FLAC....Nice find!

I like it smily_headphones1.gif Where did you find the FLAC?

http://www.matadorrecords.com/

post #47887 of 56625

Thanks!

post #47888 of 56625

Just grabbed it used without a scratch for $5. Ripped it in flac and enjoying it now. It sounds gooooood on the Q701.

 

Live is Paris is also on it's way. I found that used for $4.41 on the fye website.

 


 

Moving on...

 


Moving on again:

The 2005 edition with Gavin Harrison doing the drum parts.


Edited by jasonb - 11/30/13 at 1:43pm
post #47889 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
 

Just grabbed it used without a scratch for $5. Ripped it in flac and enjoying it now. It sounds gooooood on the Q701.

 

Live is Paris is also on it's way. I found that used for $4.41 on the fye website.

 


 

Moving on...

wow its been years since i listened to that album - the odyssey 

post #47890 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

wow its been years since i listened to that album - the odyssey 

It is pretty epic. I have been buying up Symphony X albums like crazy lately. I now have V, The Odyssey, Iconoclast, and Paradise Lost. Now I just need "The Divine Wings of Tragedy". They are a great band altogether, but the guitar player is sick!

post #47891 of 56625


Edited by Johnnyhi - 11/30/13 at 12:29pm
post #47892 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
 

It is pretty epic. I have been buying up Symphony X albums like crazy lately. I now have V, The Odyssey, Iconoclast, and Paradise Lost. Now I just need "The Divine Wings of Tragedy". They are a great band altogether, but the guitar player is sick!

divine wings was my fav - that track "the accolade". I remember buying the CD, had to travel to Dublin (the big smoke) to get it, i was so happy. 

post #47893 of 56625

A. Kraus

 

A Collection

 

 

/ Getting reacquainted with IEM's , specifically ETY's HF5 and Westies W-3 and loving the in-head staging 

- Not so much the fiddling for proper fit and seating , lol ,,, Part of the adventure :ksc75smile: 

 

AHhhhhh YES, Foamies (MUST Snag that Comply.com 25% off dealie thru Dec 2nd) Marvelous !!! :etysmile: 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In The Dark

 

 

Apropos enough @ 60 , HA ;')  

 


Edited by Hi-Finthen - 11/30/13 at 3:59pm
post #47894 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen View Post
 

A. Kraus

 

A Collection

 

/ Getting reacquainted with IEM's , specifically ETY;s HF5 and Westies W-3 and loving the in-head staging 

- Not so much the fiddling for proper fit and seating , lol ,,, Part of the adventure :ksc75smile:

I really can't stand listening to IEM's now after being so used to the Q701. I have an RE-Zero, and a Vsonic GR01, both just sound so wrong in comparison, and I blame it on the soundstage. 

post #47895 of 56625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
 

I really can't stand listening to IEM's now after being so used to the Q701. I have an RE-Zero, and a Vsonic GR01, both just sound so wrong in comparison, and I blame it on the sound stage. 

Absolutely understandable , though I just had an aural Epiphany with these foamies , but still yeah, the far out there with my DT990s - Opera - Tube preamp set-up is head staging and separation that is "out there and above",  literally  ... Totally different , though I do like both as complimentary rather than either / or , I guess ... 

 

Though I can appreciate your sense of rightness Jason, with our full sized cans known for potentially Great sound staging, which I too like to experience and even tinker with (tubes) ! 

 

Happy listenings ~

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.