Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 3114

post #46696 of 54674
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Elite View Post
 

 

You can get the CD here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vanguard-Sound-New-VOCALOID-Album-Dual-Sight/1379924612.html

I'm totally in love with "Liberator." I had to hear the full version twice or thrice before I started liking it, but now I can't stop listening to it!

 

Have not heard "The Well." The record stores in my town offer a very limited selection of ECM titles, so might have to turn to the Internet at some point. I picked up "Being There" at a store that specializes in jazz in another city nearly 400 miles away from where I live. I burned a pile of cash there since I looove jazz. :D

 

Every new AVTechNO! release always has my utmost attention. It is fascinating to watch him (apparently AVTechNO! is a "he") constantly refine and reinvent his style in perpetual pursuit of becoming better at his craft and more satisfied with his work.

 


 

 

Nhato - Etude

https://play.spotify.com/album/5iqOuy2v03JZplU3FT5nLK

 

I decided to put this into my CD player; it's been too long. Pure genius from start to finish.

Thanks for the link, will place an order tonight! "Liberator" is such a great track, so I cannot disagree with you on this wonderful tune at all.

 

I wish ECM were offered at my local stores, I was lucky when I found those Chick Corea titles on Vinyl a while back. 400 miles is a trip for a jazz specialty store, but well worth it if you come out satisfied. :biggrin: Here is a link to the ECM Player page for "The Well" (where you can demo the first track, "Prelude", in its entirety): http://player.ecmrecords.com/tord-gustavsen-ensemble

 

I've always thought AVTechNO! was a small group of people, but then again that probably wouldn't make sense would it? LOL. Does he also do ELECTROCUTICA?


You make me want to listen to the album myself now, love Etude!! :) Currently I am listening to Chrome Sparks' EP:

Chrome Sparks - Sparks EP

http://chromesparks.bandcamp.com/album/sparks-ep


Edited by Destroysall - 10/22/13 at 10:23am
post #46697 of 54674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post

Try Amazon to save a few dollars on "Crime of the Century" btw...

I didnt see the BluRay's on Amazon. Do you have a link?
post #46698 of 54674
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


I didnt see the BluRay's on Amazon. Do you have a link?

Just "Crime of the Century" -

 

http://www.amazon.com/Crime-Century-Blu-ray-Audio-Supertramp/dp/B00ELVVABW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1382462516&sr=1-1&keywords=crime+blu+ray

 

Comes out Wednesday next week.

 

and on topic...

 


Edited by ogodei - 10/22/13 at 10:27am
post #46699 of 54674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post
 

Thanks for the link, will place an order tonight! "Liberator" is such a great track, so I cannot disagree with you on this wonderful tune at all.

 

I wish ECM were offered at my local stores, I was lucky when I found those Chick Corea titles on Vinyl a while back. 400 miles is a trip for a jazz specialty store, but well worth it if you come out satisfied. :biggrin: Here is a link to the ECM Player page for "The Well" (where you can demo the first track, "Prelude", in its entirety): http://player.ecmrecords.com/tord-gustavsen-ensemble

 

I've always thought AVTechNO! was a small group of people, but then again that probably wouldn't make sense would it? LOL. Does he also do ELECTROCUTICA?


You make me want to listen to the album myself now, love Etude!! :) Currently I am listening to Chrome Sparks' EP:

 

Chrome Sparks - Sparks EP

http://chromesparks.bandcamp.com/album/sparks-ep

 

I think I've always known AVTechNO! was a single person, but for the longest time I thought him to be a "her." Some people online seemed to be very convinced about him being a woman, but apparently based on one of his posts on Facebook I've heard that it has been confirmed that he is in fact male. ELECTROCUTICA in turn is actually a group of people, although all of their music is composed by a single person, Treow. Shizuka Kitajima, aka Tranquilla acts as their executive producer and art director. They do collaborate with other artists from time to time offering to work as producers on projects, like they did with AVTechNO! on DYE SYNTHESIS for example.

post #46700 of 54674
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRabbitSlims View Post
 

Allison at her best!

 

Nice album

post #46701 of 54674

yeah - I'm really enjoying it!

 

has been getting good review on many sites that I read, plus her voice is incredible...IMHO - :D

post #46702 of 54674

File:Slayed.jpg

 

The quality isn't great, but damn the music is so good!!!

post #46703 of 54674

post #46704 of 54674

post #46705 of 54674

 

 

 

(Also saw the Derek Jarman film based on the same score.)


Edited by limpidglitch - 10/22/13 at 4:47pm
post #46706 of 54674

post #46707 of 54674
^^
Im at a loss at what to think of that...lol. I enjoyed it though.
post #46708 of 54674
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

^^
Im at a loss at what to think of that...lol. I enjoyed it though.

 

It is quite interesting, to say the least. I still can't figure out if they were serious when they wrote it, or if it was all a joke. Apparently it's gone massively viral, even to the point of them performing it live on late night talk shows. I had never heard of it until my girlfriends brother showed it to me last night, but I can't get it out of my head now. 

 

EDIT: Apparently they are Norwegian comedians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_(What_Does_the_Fox_Say%3F)


Edited by jasonb - 10/22/13 at 5:38pm
post #46709 of 54674
It certainly struck me as a spoof of some kind. Its very well done with high production values.
post #46710 of 54674
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.