Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them. - Page 2695

post #40411 of 55792

Ricky Skaggs' cover of That's Why I'm Walking (Angel on my Mind)

 

There is something about the way this sounds that makes me want to get some cowboy boots, go to a corner bar, grab a beer, and listen to a country cover band play tunes. I'm not even the biggest fan of the genre, this track just does something for me. I really want to find more music like this.
 

post #40412 of 55792

'Pieces of a man' album by Gil Scott-Heron

post #40413 of 55792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

Your welcome! beerchug.gif Playing the album right now, myself. Love it! 

 

Ah, it was you! Well thanks again. It's going straight onto my car's iPod.

post #40414 of 55792
Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
post #40415 of 55792

David Bowie- "Heathen"

Eric Clapton Unplugged

Michael Kiwanuka-"Home Again"

Best of U2 1980-1990

post #40416 of 55792

Streaming some Spring Training baseball. Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants. I'm ready for the season! popcorn.gif

 

post #40417 of 55792

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

(1969)

 

 

 

post #40418 of 55792

1000

Akira Ifukube - "Symphonic Fantasia No. 3"

 

Perhaps my all-time favorite set of recordings (regardless of a live performance or studio). I'm a huge Godzilla fan and own a few music albums concerning the films. This particular album is a live performance conducted by another famous Kaiju music composer, Masaru Sato.  It was recorded marvelously and I enjoy it every listen.

 

Unfortunately, the video recording of this event is a difficult find. There have even been rumors of the performance being on Laser Disc. I can only hope one day something video related is shined upon in the future.

 

Here is a Youtube video I found that plays this same track:

 

 

Enjoy!


Edited by Destroysall - 3/15/13 at 2:35pm
post #40419 of 55792
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratocasterMan View Post

Streaming some Spring Training baseball. Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants. I'm ready for the season! popcorn.gif

 

 

Nice layout! Who are you streaming with for that pix?

post #40420 of 55792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

 

Akira Ifukube - "Symphonic Fantasia No. 3"

 

Perhaps my all-time favorite set of recordings (regardless of a live performance or studio). I'm a huge Godzilla fan and own a few music albums concerning the films. This particular album is a live performance conducted by another famous Kaiju music composer, Masaru Sato.  It was recorded marvelously and I enjoy it every listen.

 

Unfortunately, the video recording of this event is a difficult find. There have even been rumors of the performance being on Laser Disc. I can only hope one day something video related is shined upon in the future.

 

Here is a Youtube video I found that plays this same track:

 

 

 

Enjoy!

 

I did! The track made me wanna sit down with Godzilla and Pizza!

beerchug.gif

 

Well, not for it to share in my pizza but... a movie. rolleyes.gif

post #40421 of 55792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Nice layout! Who are you streaming with for that pix?

 

That's the free Gameday feature on MLB.com in the picture. It's like an animated version of the game rather than actual video. That is free, but I pay $20 a year for streaming audio from MLB.com.

 

For $20 a year, I can stream the home or away audio broadcast of any major league game. Then the Gameday feature is like constantly updated stats and game details I can have on my screen while I'm listening to the game.

post #40422 of 55792

Very nice... and a nice entry for "What are you listening to now?" 

post #40423 of 55792

 

William Tyler   Missionary Ridge

 

^^This is an amazing solo guitar record from the guitarist in Lambchop.  His fingerpicking is really great.  I'd recommend checking it out to anyone who thinks they might be into that kind of thing.  He has a new record coming out on Tuesday, which I imagine will be much the same.

 

 

 

 

Autechre   Cloudline 


Edited by s m @ - 3/15/13 at 8:58pm
post #40424 of 55792

Nick Drake - "A Treasury" on SACD

post #40425 of 55792
 

Unplugged


Edited by snapple10 - 3/15/13 at 8:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.