- brandAKGtagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandEquationtagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 4/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 4/8/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 4/8/11More
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 4/8/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 4/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Is there a "perfect" Headphone for the Genres Rock / Metal ? Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Review!l Last post on 7/27/14 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Used Headphones Price Watch Last post on 8/6/10 at 1:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking headphone Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
which cans are not made in china? - Page 6post #76 of 9810/7/07 at 11:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 9810/19/07 at 3:17amQuote:"in profits we trust"
"unreasonable profits" may be subjective, but I do not see where it has much to do with theology
These days it is increasingly difficult to buy much of anything not made (at least partially) in China.
Particularly since this information is not always indicated on the label or packaging.post #78 of 9810/19/07 at 9:37amQuote:Sorry, but I don't really agree with that picture. Although I live in the US, all my relatives are back in China, and in all the trips I took back there I never saw something like that before.
Imagine someone coming to the US, stays solely in the ghettos, then goes back and tells everyone about it. That's pretty much what Americans do with China.post #79 of 9810/21/07 at 4:00ampost #80 of 9810/21/07 at 4:10amQuote:Sorry, but I don't really agree with that picture. Although I live in the US, all my relatives are back in China, and in all the trips I took back there I never saw something like that before.
Imagine someone coming to the US, stays solely in the ghettos, then goes back and tells everyone about it. That's pretty much what Americans do with China.
dude, chill out. the sensitivity is not warranted here. First of all this picture is NOT taken by an American. I saw this pic on a Chinese website so mostly likely it was taken by Chinese. Secondly, there is NO discrimanition anywhere I can sense here, this is just light hearted humor.
BTW, I am from China as well.post #81 of 9810/21/07 at 5:35amQuote:dude, chill out. the sensitivity is not warranted here. First of all this picture is NOT taken by an American. I saw this pic on a Chinese website so mostly likely it was taken by Chinese. Secondly, there is NO discrimanition anywhere I can sense here, this is just light hearted humor.
BTW, I am from China as well.
BTW, the pic is so funny.post #82 of 9810/21/07 at 7:56amI've been reading motorcycle magazines off and on since the mid 1950s and there have been a number of similar types of photos published over the years of entire families swarmed all over the bikes from various countries all over the world.
One in particular from the former Soviet Union was of an entire family riding with a young one sitting on the front fender facing backward holding onto the headlight.post #83 of 9810/22/07 at 12:27ampost #84 of 984/8/11 at 3:17ampost #85 of 986/23/11 at 1:10ampost #86 of 986/23/11 at 5:12am
I was going to get Denon AH-D7000 and noticed "Made in China", so now I am hesitating.
I know HifiMan cans are good but I can't trust outsourced products.
This is just me, I can be wrong. :)post #87 of 986/23/11 at 5:16am
have you checked everything you own most everything is made in China. The Denon products I have owned have all been trouble free. Denon are great headphones and I have owned 2 D7000 and D 1000 and never any issues with either one.post #88 of 986/23/11 at 5:16amQuote:
Denon is a mixed bag. I had two D2000s, zero issues. Two D7000s, one was fine and the other had it's left cup fall off within 10 minutes of use. Pretty much gotta take a leap of faith.
Hifiman is fine, although I've heard some bad things about the pads. Haven't had issues with my HE500.post #89 of 986/23/11 at 6:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
The working conditions of many Chinese factories have already improved. I spent two months last year living in a speaker factory in mainland china. While I was there, they were installing air conditioning on the production floors. All of the workers also received a raise during that time. Everyone was working hard, and for longer hours than in the USA but there were breaks and relaxation time with movies, basketball, etc.
The amount of Chinese production has created a labor shortage and factories are improving their living and working conditions to convince employees to stay.
Also all of my ATs are from japan. My Denon AH-D550 is from Japan. My ER4-P is made in USA (or so it says). Alot of really cheap Sony earbuds come from Malaysia, Thailand or Philippines.
Off topic perhaps, but this sticks out to me because it wasn't THAT long ago that the United States used children, the elderly, etc. and had HORRIBLE working conditions in steel factories and other unsafe work environments until things changed and improved. It's good to hear that China, while slowly, is changing its approach to labor as well. Of course, with better work condition and benefits, comes higher cost and therefore higher prices. You can't have both it seems.
post #90 of 986/23/11 at 7:22am
If you notice, that post you responded to was written about 4 years ago. At that time, there was a labor shortage and some Chinese workers were beginning to see wage increases and better working conditions.
Of course, manufacturers can't be putting up with that so, since that time, there has been an exodus inland, into more rural areas where labor is still poor and desperate.
Despite the sanitization of labor history from the textbooks some 30 years ago, wages and working standards improved in the U.S. because of our political system and millions of people who risked their lives over a period of decades to demand it, not some natural market driven evolution. China doesn't have that system. The Chinese can't strike for better conditions or vote for political representation friendly to wage and worker safety legislation.
China will not be changing it's approach any time soon. Even If they had such temerity, the manufacturers would run off to Indonesia, Malaysia and other backwater countries in search of cheaper labor and more lax regulations.
It's a race to the bottom. You can expect Africa to be the next manufacturing capital if they can ever get a good, strong, stable dictatorship going. Corporations much prefer dictatorships, but they do have to be strong enough so as to not be vulnerable to freedom fighters or revolutionaries that might expropriate the corporations assets.
As CEO of GE, Jack Welch once put it, (to paraphrase): "In a perfect world, a corporations manufacturing facilities would be based on a barge. It would roam the earth in a constant quest for the cheapest labor and the fewest regulations."
With better wages and work conditions comes higher prices. To avoid that and keep market share, corporations will weigh anchor on their barge and move out of China, just like they moved from The Northeast, to the Midwest, to the South, To Mexico, To Asia.......... After Africa, where?
- which cans are not made in china?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 second ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 4 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 26 seconds ago
- › "Punchy" (not bassy) over ear heaphones 51 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear