Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › pictures of your zune setup!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pictures of your zune setup! - Page 2

post #16 of 41
Thread Starter 
the corda move works as a portable too unno...

how is the SR71 with SR80s? is there an noticeable difference between it and anything else youve tried with the SR80s?
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
the corda move works as a portable too unno...

how is the SR71 with SR80s? is there an noticeable difference between it and anything else youve tried with the SR80s?
SR80 just like any other Grado pairs better with warm sounding amp, tubes preferred. For portable, I believe SR80 will sound sweet with PA2V2 and TTVJ Hybrid Millet. And of course you can also use XIN SuperMacro-LE with tube like opamps.
post #18 of 41
Thread Starter 
i didnt imagine them scaling very well
post #19 of 41
is a zune pictured with a stock earphone acceptable ?

My headphones and IEM are in transit from North America. I don't know why my AKG as taken like 3 weeks to come here.
post #20 of 41
EFN: I see, I've read about some portable devices not having the power to decode FLAC in higher compression levels, but have never heard what the effects are. I always imagined they would manifest in stuttered playback (like playing an MP3 on a 486 PC) and not clipping and compression artifacts.

Anyway, I've been interested in the Zune ever since it was first announced, I like its more rugged build compared to the iPod, plus its interface is better than most other non-iPod DAPs, but it's lack of true line level output has kept me at bay. Does anyone know if any progress has been made in developing a line out dock adapter for the Zune. And is there any development in porting Rockbox to Zune?
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmirza View Post
EFN: I see, I've read about some portable devices not having the power to decode FLAC in higher compression levels, but have never heard what the effects are. I always imagined they would manifest in stuttered playback (like playing an MP3 on a 486 PC) and not clipping and compression artifacts.

Anyway, I've been interested in the Zune ever since it was first announced, I like its more rugged build compared to the iPod, plus its interface is better than most other non-iPod DAPs, but it's lack of true line level output has kept me at bay. Does anyone know if any progress has been made in developing a line out dock adapter for the Zune. And is there any development in porting Rockbox to Zune?

Turst me, when a RockBox port for zune became available, I will JUMP into it head first with eyes closed LOL! zune already have stellar playback capability but that 320kbps and lack of lineout really bites
post #22 of 41
Sitting here listening to my Zune. Gonna have to take a pic and put it up.
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFN View Post
Turst me, when a RockBox port for zune became available, I will JUMP into it head first with eyes closed LOL! zune already have stellar playback capability but that 320kbps and lack of lineout really bites
any idea when will it become available?
post #24 of 41
^^ After they finish with the Gigabeat S series port
post #25 of 41
here's mine (iBasso coming soon):

post #26 of 41
Don't tell me big-fi is the only here who has a white Zune. It's probably one of the few players I'm willing to get a white version of.
post #27 of 41
What's wrong with a white zune? lol
post #28 of 41
btw, does anyone have any idea when Zune will support other languages than English?

Honestly, my old $40 mp3 can display korean,english,japanese and so much more...

Some say during the European launch... and when will this be?
post #29 of 41
Thread Starter 
my eyes hurt from trying to focus on the zune from the reflection from you ATH- ES7s.

i actually wanted a brown one, but the black one was a refurb so i only paid 140 for it @ launch.
post #30 of 41
Here is it...Black Zune + AKG K26p. Nothing more needed. No amp no lineout.



Next: photos with JVC Marshmallows
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › pictures of your zune setup!