Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › K81DJ Still Going Strong?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

K81DJ Still Going Strong?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Gonna buy me a pair. Or, maybe, there are newer better products in this class/$$$ range I should look into? Isolation is *very* important.
TIA
post #2 of 13
then pick them up if iso is important. how about iems.........if iso is really important then go with an iem
post #3 of 13
The Philips HP460 (brightish) and the AT SJ5 (can sound nasal) are quite good alternatives if you want to avoid the nutty K81 bass. Main reason to keep mine is the isolation, the acceptable detailing and the good build quality. And the K81 mids are still the 2nd smoothest among all closed fons I've tried - only the K271 is better in that respect.

Still going strong.
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutwey View Post
then pick them up if iso is important. how about iems.........if iso is really important then go with an iem
Well, iems are unacceptable for me.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Thank you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchen View Post
The Philips HP460 (brightish) and the AT SJ5 (can sound nasal) are quite good alternatives if you want to avoid the nutty K81 bass. Main reason to keep mine is the isolation, the acceptable detailing and the good build quality. And the K81 mids are still the 2nd smoothest among all closed fons I've tried - only the K271 is better in that respect.

Still going strong.
I dont mind the K81 bass (at least for noisy environments). I just need a supraaural closed unamped hp <$100 with as good isolation as it can get. Just thought, the K81 is not a new model and mayb there are some newer alternatives.
post #6 of 13
If you don't mind the bass, then go for it (or the similar but different looking K518). Bass is the first thing that dissapears in noisy environments anyway.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3-tets1 View Post
Thank you guys.

I dont mind the K81 bass (at least for noisy environments). I just need a supraaural closed unamped hp <$100 with as good isolation as it can get. Just thought, the K81 is not a new model and mayb there are some newer alternatives.
Sounds like the K81 would be perfect for you. Sounds great, isolates well, and is very affordable.
post #8 of 13
I see you have SR-60 and K-81,can you compare the two please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelusjd View Post
Sounds like the K81 would be perfect for you. Sounds great, isolates well, and is very affordable.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchen View Post
If you don't mind the bass, then go for it (or the similar but different looking K518). Bass is the first thing that dissapears in noisy environments anyway.
this statement is very true. even with an iem in a noisy environment bass will still disappear. walking around a city like tokyo with my old shure e4 was frustrating since the bass was entirely drowned out by the background din. of course at home the e4 sounded great but not in portable situations.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam5000 View Post
I see you have SR-60 and K-81,can you compare the two please?
I use them for different purposes and they sound very different.

SR60 - I use these at home and enjoy the sparkle on the mids and top end. They have a very spacious feel to them. Great for quite a bit of the music I have (especially rock, blues, anything with great guitar and drums.

K81DJ - These are primarily used at the office. I like the isolation they provide so the sound leakage is minimal. These are just a lot of fun to listen to. Deep bass (I'm a bit of a basshead) and although they are a bit colored are very enjoyable. Only downside is that I can't use them for more than 2-3 hrs at a time as they become a little uncomfortable.
post #11 of 13
The k81 dj is an excellent sounding can for the price, no doubt about it. You can try velour HD-25 pads if you have comfort issues.
post #12 of 13
...and bend the headband severely...
post #13 of 13
i cant wear glasses while wearing the k81djs =(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › K81DJ Still Going Strong?