Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › C&C amps? any good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C amps? any good? - Page 3

post #31 of 51
Thread Starter 
i got it today. my camera on my phone sucks ass.



im not very good at reviews, but it sounds delicious compared to what ive been used to. (amped by the headphone-out from my Logitech Z5300e speakers).

but as you all know, this is just the beginning, im starting my iBasso D1 journey next week, do i have any takers for this guy?

i was pretty surprised by this amp and i like it better than the Microshar but im going to remind myself that i havent had the micro shar for about a month. (courtesy of Holland) i typically dont like to color my music at all, and i prefer to let my headphones do that so i agree with skylab. but the Box+ made my K601s shine like the microshar couldnt, so that proves the "do amps make a difference" theory. the bass is more robust, still doesnt make it a different headphone, but makes it likable finally, which is what any amp should do. =)

post #32 of 51
I had both the Box+, Box v2 and Microshar at the same time. Both C&C amps trounce the microshar
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
I had both the Box+, Box v2 and Microshar at the same time. Both C&C amps trounce the microshar
What about the C&C XO? Has anyone tried this model out yet and compared it to the Box+, Box V2 and other amps? I saw their spec comparison chart and it says that the C&C XO uses the AD323 opamp instead of the AD322 opamp used in previous models. On top of that they use six transistors for buffer amp to drive the headphones up to 1000 mw. Wondering how good the sound is. Anyone know or is it too new at this point in time?
Maybe I should skip these low budget types and get a Grace M902 DAC/Headphone amp?
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by echooo View Post
Funny that you should say that, since I think that the color of your 'phones may not sympathize with the C&C's at all. Oh, by the way, all amps and all audio gear in general (and all earthly things) have a distinctive personality (thankfully!!! or this world would make little sense).
I agree with skylab on this though, and that's using both Senn and Grado cans.
post #35 of 51
Thread Starter 
WHOA the LED changes color.

its red when you charge, blue when youre running off of battery, and purple when youre running off AC.

god i love this thing.
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
WHOA the LED changes color.

its red when you charge, blue when youre running off of battery, and purple when youre running off AC.

god i love this thing.

OMG! I can see it now!

Plug,unplug,plug,unplug,plug,unplug......Its changing colors!!! Wooohooo!!!!!

LOL........Dont keep doing that,you might blow it up!...lol!

Yeah,its a cool little amp. I love mine for the price.
Im still trying to think of a way to carry my Realistic STA- 2100D reciever around with me though. Thats the best i have here i feel. It has a big warm authoritative sound. The amp was made in the early 80's , and the headphone out is great on it! I think Pioneer made it for RadioShack.
But,it doesnt have the cool charging light on it...lol.

Anyway,,lets see....backpack,,,car battery,,,120v converter...ummm...
post #37 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0n View Post
OMG! I can see it now!

Plug,unplug,plug,unplug,plug,unplug......Its changing colors!!! Wooohooo!!!!!

LOL........Dont keep doing that,you might blow it up!...lol!

Yeah,its a cool little amp. I love mine for the price.
Im still trying to think of a way to carry my Realistic STA- 2100D reciever around with me though. Thats the best i have here i feel. It has a big warm authoritative sound. The amp was made in the early 80's , and the headphone out is great on it! I think Pioneer made it for RadioShack.
But,it doesnt have the cool charging light on it...lol.

Anyway,,lets see....backpack,,,car battery,,,120v converter...ummm...
i get enough of a kick just turning it on and off with the AC adapter, goes from purple to red.
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
i get enough of a kick just turning it on and off with the AC adapter, goes from purple to red.
Youre so easy to please! Rather than buying all that technology, you could have saved a bundle of cash by just buying a little box with pretty color-changing lights on it.
post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0n View Post
Youre so easy to please! Rather than buying all that technology, you could have saved a bundle of cash by just buying a little box with pretty color-changing lights on it.
Are talking of an iPod ?
post #40 of 51

Do not forget the LOD

Hi,

I am quite a newbie at least concerning portable hardware.
I have only a 5G, ER-4s and a Box+. I am pleased with the
whole but cannot compare with other amps.

HOWEVER, I want to emphasize that using a LOD instead of
the phone-line makes a *huge* difference. So big I would
have troubles believing that a high-end amp (SR71 or whatever)
on the phone line could outperform the Box+ on the LOD.

So before upgrading to an expensive amp, get a LOD !
post #41 of 51
I recently upgraded to the C&C XO it is quite a beefy amp for such a small size. I use it at home to drive my Sextetts although it still doesn't give them much in the way of bass punch like my home amp it does drive them pretty well especially with classical music my Rachmaninoff collection sounds more beautiful than ever before.

I use it on the go with my HD580's and well yeah if you have 300 ohm cans you want to use portably this amp is very very appropriate it drives the 580's with authority and you can easily tune the sound to your liking with the switches. One thing negative I have noticed is using it with the Bass boost on and going through the iPod headphone out after it goes into low power mode you unpause the music it goes into protection mode if the iPod's volume is above 80% which is actually nice just inconvenient but I usually only use the bass boost for rap music. Good amp well worth the money especially since you can eventually upgrade the opamps via the dip socket which when i find out what ones people tend to upgrade to I might do the same. There may be amps for the same price that are just as good but I doubt many have style on top of it.
post #42 of 51
gritzcolin , i emailed HEADB the site that sells the XO regarding op-amps here is response i got. I heard that LM4562 is a good alternative op-amp from our customers' comments.
post #43 of 51
I still find the C&C BOX V2 wonderful for the price, especially so since I changed mini interconnect with a high-end one, half silver half copper, that is sold by head-direct.com. The sound through the C&C has been completely transformed for the better by just going from my former Practical Devices mini-mini interconnect to the said one. This has proved that the C&C is great to me.
post #44 of 51
So Chris, how much you letting the Box+ go for?
post #45 of 51
i'm curious on how an XO would sound when driving sr325i, or is that vice-versa?

edit: forgot to mention, any nekkid pcb pics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › C&C amps? any good?