or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › LISA III Available for Order
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LISA III Available for Order - Page 27

post #391 of 1070
What is your experience with connecting an Imod through a female dock with the Lisa. What 'interconnect' do you use (mini to 2xRCA) or plan to use? To be honest I do not think that a 200 US cable will match a 500 US amp. What about the Monster Icable or Should I build my own interconnect. Please share your thoughts?
post #392 of 1070
I purchased a very nice Lisa III cable from skyline889. You can PM him here about it. Here's some pic's. It is a silver cable with Switchcraft right angle mini and RCA's interfaced to an ALO female dock.


post #393 of 1070
Thanks, I will look into this. It looks great, but seems a bit of a detour, but i guess there are good reasons for this. However I probabely would be looking for a 'short cut' version.
post #394 of 1070

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post
Yes, sometimes waiting pays off. Hans is informed. Wait until I've received the Darth Beyers and burned in all. And then have that meet
As the Devil (Rowan Atkinson) would say:

Those who have committed Adultery line up on the right please. Ahh I see you are here for....eternity! well that is a hack of a long time I can tell you .

No just joking. Congrats Harm. Enjoy! Now somebody else is enjoying the PRII.

Hans.
post #395 of 1070
Adultery? I was still in the flirting mode, willing to commit for eternity. But then Lisa came along....
post #396 of 1070
Does Lisa III really come with batteries fully charged? Also, Lisa III really doesn't require burned-in like other amps?
LISA III needs burning in. The first time I received it, it sounded bass heavy and the high was shrill with sibilance.
I'm still waiting for my LISA III Exp. to be delivered.
post #397 of 1070
I do have to say the price is very reasonable. I thought it would be more around 700 usd. This is good!
post #398 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlingo View Post
Does Lisa III really come with batteries fully charged? Also, Lisa III really doesn't require burned-in like other amps?

I'm still waiting for my LISA III Exp. to be delivered.
I doubt they would be fully charged. And I think that burn in did indeed improve the sound some. I recommend 150-200 hours.
post #399 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I doubt they would be fully charged. And I think that burn in did indeed improve the sound some. I recommend 150-200 hours.
OK thanks,
How long did it take before the order delivered?
post #400 of 1070
Mine was in the first batch so it wouldn't by typical.
post #401 of 1070
Has been promptly answered by Phil himself. Exceptional!
Thank you.
post #402 of 1070
my amp is #002. Who has #001?
post #403 of 1070
I have 001
post #404 of 1070

stressed, need advise

I received the Lisa lll expedition yesterday. As expected the batteries were charged and this amp sounded great out af the box. However after a couple of hours burn in (no adapter yet) the amp died on me. Batteries probabely not charged to the max. I went out to buy the adapter 24V and positive centered as posted here (-) --(o-- (+). At the shop we tried the adapter. Got a quick blue led (fraction of a 2nd) and than nothing. This is not what I expected. I'm not certain what to do, just wait until bateries are charged or is there something wrong with the adapter. I do not want to end up having to return the amp for repair.

Please advise.
post #405 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post
I received the Lisa lll expedition yesterday. As expected the batteries were charged and this amp sounded great out af the box. However after a couple of hours burn in (no adapter yet) the amp died on me. Batteries probabely not charged to the max. I went out to buy the adapter 24V and positive centered as posted here (-) --(o-- (+). At the shop we tried the adapter. Got a quick blue led (fraction of a 2nd) and than nothing. This is not what I expected. I'm not certain what to do, just wait until bateries are charged or is there something wrong with the adapter. I do not want to end up having to return the amp for repair.

Please advise.
Sounds like a bad adaptor or maybe even the wrong one. I'd get the specs on it and email/PM Phil. You should be able to listen and charge at the same time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › LISA III Available for Order