or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › LISA III Available for Order
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LISA III Available for Order - Page 25

post #361 of 1070
Yes, the Elpac power adapter for the Lisa III should be available in both 110v and 220v models.
post #362 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbak View Post
Yes, the Elpac power adapter for the Lisa III should be available in both 110v and 220v models.
Do you have the part number for 220V version Elpac adaptor that supports LISA III Exp? Does it come with the required plug sizes?
post #363 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlingo View Post
Do you have the part number for 220V version Elpac adaptor that supports LISA III Exp? Does it come with the required plug sizes?
You can also consider this from RSOnline:-

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=191

I use it to charge my XP with no problems.

F. Lo
post #364 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraflit View Post
guess i'm stuck with the LISA III then...

now it's up to me to choose btw an expedition or the normal one...

the normal one is already kinda hefty to lug around... i might as well get the expedition? someone push me towards one and ill bite =D
Let me try :-)

I shared my impressions in an earlier post here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=274

I personally would go for the XP - larger batteries, longer run time. But then if you use the LLP, the Standard is actually a better choice, since the size of battery doesn't matter any more :-)

F. Lo
post #365 of 1070
Does anyone knows if there are upgrade possibilities. Thinking caps and opamps. I thing I read somewhere that there are non. Anyone with experience in this field?

Also, what about burn in time?
post #366 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post
Does anyone knows if there are upgrade possibilities. Thinking caps and opamps. I thing I read somewhere that there are non. Anyone with experience in this field?

Also, what about burn in time?
Not until the DIY boards are available to the public, I think.

My understanding is the amp is design around a specific opamp - so opamp rolling may not be a good idea. The amp's sonic performance is tuned to Phil's own preference and I found it to be very pleasing. I think changing components will do more harm than benefit to the LISA.

F. Lo
post #367 of 1070
FKCLO, thanks!! Can you please eleborate a bit on the DIY boards?
post #368 of 1070
To me the organic aluminum oscon's caps currently standard on both the xp and standards sound better than the electrolytic blackgate's, i had a blackgate fk lisa ready to go, i went to visit phil in oregon to listen to it and perhaps take it home with me, and after sitting down for a bit, a/b'ing both for sometime, i found the oscons to be faster, more detailed and natural in the highs and mids, than the blackgated lisa, which sounded colored by comparison. Needless to say i took a standard oscon lisa with me.
post #369 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post
FKCLO, thanks!! Can you please eleborate a bit on the DIY boards?
You may read this :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...3&postcount=22

Phil did indicate DIY boards will be available, but did not say when.

F. Lo
post #370 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkclo View Post
You may read this :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...3&postcount=22

Phil did indicate DIY boards will be available, but did not say when.

F. Lo
Hey fkclo, what do you think of Lisa III expedition with Ultrasone Edition 9? I find that UE9 to be a very picky Cans.

I'm not too happy driving UE9 with Hornet nor SM LE, seem to be lacking of resolution, not enough juice feeling. UE9 with Millett sounds very musical, full, surround, but somehow lacking of tight bass, less texture and power. The high also becomes less sparkling.

UE9 with m902 sounds very powerful, sparkling, amazing resolution, deep bass, exceptional texture but I'm not getting enough musicality and emotion, or life to the music.

How about Lisa III Expedition with UE9?
AWESOME!! very close to m902 in terms of SQ, plus depth, bassboost, and warmth as a bonus. Very clean and non fatiguing.
post #371 of 1070
I'm about to order the Lisa, but still need some advise;
- Should I go for the expedition or standard and why?
- What about the lenght of use (live) of the battery pack of the expedition?
- I'm going to use it most of the time with Darth Beyers 770/80ohm and some of the time with the SH650? Should I go for the gain increase?

What would you do?
post #372 of 1070
Ask yourself what features you want, and then take it from there (longer battery life) etc.....I'd go with the high gain mod, however, be aware you won't be able to use your E500's with that kind of gain factor. The default is a gain factor of 5 allowing me to use both my IEM and the DT990's. For the 990's I would have liked a little more gain, but overall I'm pleased with the setting of 5. I have to run my 990's at a 1:00/2:00 position, whereas the Triple-Fi's are typically at a 9:00 setting.
post #373 of 1070
OOP'S
post #374 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotan1 View Post
I'm about to order the Lisa, but still need some advise;
- Should I go for the expedition or standard and why?
- What about the lenght of use (live) of the battery pack of the expedition?
- I'm going to use it most of the time with Darth Beyers 770/80ohm and some of the time with the SH650? Should I go for the gain increase?

What would you do?
Get the EXP with High Gain. You will be happy with the cans you have!
post #375 of 1070
Thanks guys,

So with standard gain I guess that I have to run the
- e500 at 9
- DT770/80ohm at 11 or 12
- sh650/300 ohm at 3 or 4

Right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › LISA III Available for Order