or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › LISA III Available for Order
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LISA III Available for Order - Page 23

post #331 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkclo View Post
JimP: Spoke to Brad earlier about the power supply and he said the what works for the LISA II ( Pocket Reference II) should also work for LISA III.

I have a PSR for PRII and would expect it to work, though the charging rate may be slow for the Expedition.

Before I get the PSR I was using a PSU which I bought online from RS Online http://www.rshongkong.com This is an often overlooked resources for guys in Hong Kong who look for good quality hardware and can't find them at Sham Shui Po.

Do a search for item item 423-7880 or 423-9252. Both versions work for my PRII and they comes with different tips so fitting the LISA III should be no problem. The 423-9252 is better because (a) it is a Germany AN-MANN design, and (b) it has selected outage voltage so that you can have a little bit of safety margin by setting it to 22V instead of 24V).

I can lend you the 432-7880 if you so wish for your immediate use with the LISA XP.

F.Lo
I've been using the Mascot 8717 with my PRII and have had no problems, also available from RS, the part number is: 363-5104
post #332 of 1070
I have one question. Can the Lisa III drive an AKG k 340?
post #333 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayeem View Post
I have one question. Can the Lisa III drive an AKG k 340?
I'm just guessing here but I doubt it would be a problem. I've used it with my Denon's and GS1000's and cant get the volume to 12 o'clock and I listen loud!
post #334 of 1070
I've been using the XP (DAC1USB as source) for about two weeks, and am still very impressed. Listening to L3000 now while I type this, the detail retrieval/instrument separation is out of this world! ...and holistically fulsome. But the surprising observation is the bass boost feature. I don't need it with the L3000, but with my bass challenged phones, RS-1 and k271s, even W5000, it starts to incrementally plumb some real bass (if it's there in the original source). I'm surprised more amp manufacturers don't incorporate this feature.
post #335 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I've been using the XP (DAC1USB as source) for about two weeks, and am still very impressed. Listening to L3000 now while I type this, the detail retrieval/instrument separation is out of this world! ...and holistically fulsome. But the surprising observation is the bass boost feature. I don't need it with the L3000, but with my bass challenged phones, RS-1 and k271s, even W5000, it starts to incrementally plumb some real bass (if it's there in the original source). I'm surprised more amp manufacturers don't incorporate this feature.
X2 here. Just want to add the magic is the organic presentation of all the details - great instrument separation without being too analytical, precision without being edgy or cold..... real magic indeed!

I think doing a bass boost right is easier said that done, and so far I have only see this on Phil's design.

F. Lo
post #336 of 1070
Hey lot's of Hong Kong love for Lisa III out here! It just struck me as amusing:

Triad Audio is the equivalent of 'Mafia Audio' or 'Gangster Audio' in western context. hehe, I like it...don't mess with Triad Audio.
post #337 of 1070
Currently I'm traveling in Argentina where there is 240V plugs. I didn't know this so I plugged my Elpac 120V PSU onto my Lisa III amp and it didn't power it. So I tried again and nothing. I realized the input voltage issue so I took out the PSU from the plug. There wasn't any burnt smell or any broken circuit, just didn't work. When I grabbed the adaptor it was a a little hot but not at all burnt nor burnt smell.

Do you think the PSU has been damaged?? I haven't been able to check if it works since here in Argentina all plugs are 240V and I just paid US$50 for the PSU online, I don't know if I have to order it again !!! if so I would like to do it now and have the new Elpac ready when I'm back home but i want to be sure the PSU is damaged so no misspending 50 bucks.


Then I turned on the amp using the batteries and it was working OK, the amp wasn't damaged by the load just didn't work with the PSU.
post #338 of 1070
Bolardito,
Not good guy! Wish you would have asked questions before doing so.
post #339 of 1070
When you get home hook the wal-wart to a voltmeter, positive to center, and see if it registers any voltage. If you get the correct voltage, you are probably ok.
post #340 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbak View Post
Bolardito,
Not good guy! Wish you would have asked questions before doing so.
Yeah I know I haven't been lucky with this amp...however it sounds great..guess I have to buy a new adapter
post #341 of 1070
Has anyone put larger capacity batteries in the III? If so, what type of run time did you get?
post #342 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
Has anyone put larger capacity batteries in the III? If so, what type of run time did you get?
Mainframe a fellow head-fier has installed two 300 mAh batteries. He installed them using the instruction that I received from Phil via email.

Quote:
Yes it is true that only the standard batteries will fit however if you install the amp board and panels so as the sliding cover is on top not the Bottom then the Larger Batteries will fit. this requires re-installing the rear panel 180 deg and then simply sliding the board in the slots farthest from the sliding cover. in other words simply make the top of the case the bottom.
I hope Mainframe makes his first post announcing how many hours he is getting with the 300 mAh batteries.
post #343 of 1070
I would guess around 20 hours or a little less but actual milage may vary, so the question.
post #344 of 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolardito View Post
When I grabbed the adaptor it was a a little hot but not at all burnt nor burnt smell.

Do you think the PSU has been damaged?? I haven't been able to check if it works since here in Argentina all plugs are 240V and I just paid US$50 for the PSU online, I don't know if I have to order it again !!! if so I would like to do it now and have the new Elpac ready when I'm back home but i want to be sure the PSU is damaged so no misspending 50 bucks.


Then I turned on the amp using the batteries and it was working OK, the amp wasn't damaged by the load just didn't work with the PSU.
It looks like your 120V charger is overloaded by the 240V a.c. input, and it is very likely, from the smell of it, that there may be thermal damage to the insulation inside. I would not think it is save to use the charger any more.

Your amp should be o.k. though. If the Elpac is properly design the regulation circuit should be protected so that any surge or damage would not cascaded downstream.

F. Lo
post #345 of 1070
I wtb the Lisa as well. As I'm a customer out of CONUS, i did send an email to Triadaudio. It's been a couple of days now, but have not received a response. What is your experience re response time?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › LISA III Available for Order