Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
- Headphone Impedance
LISA III Available for Order - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The one with the LisaIII is an iMod, PV-Cap to Lisa III. I have used my JH13Pros with this set up and the punchiness and beauty of the three channel is all appreciated, but the noise floor is too high for me. LisaIII was never designed to be IEM amp. It sings with Ed9 and D7000 though.
The H120 to D10 has lower noise floor for IEM as does my H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2. They are my audiophile portable set ups for IEM. iPhone 3GS to IEM still rocks for noise floor and punch in many circumstances though.
In short, I wouldn't design a portable setup for IEM with Lisa III unless it was low sensitivity or high impedance.
I would use the LisaIII for mid or full size phones though. It can make Porta Pros and P5's perform but is overkill for them really.
Just my experience and thoughts.
Looking forward to hearing the L3 before buying one. If the hiss in non existant on IEM's then it might replace the the Pico Slim. Might miss that sweet volume control of the slim though.
When I order the amp, does it come with an adaptor? or I have to order from elsewhere?
Just want to jam in here. The LISA III will NOT come with an adaptor. You will have to buy your own, or use one of your existing regulated 24V DC supply with the right plug. I have tried the PSR (the power supply designed by Phil for the Pocket Reference II) and it works well, though I am not sure if it has the sufficient power to charge the Expedition within reasonable time.
If you decide the LISA III is the right amp for you, I would highly recommend you get the LISA LAB POWER (LLP) PSU which was designed with the LISA III in mind, and according to Phil, his best PSU design to-date. The LLP is universal voltage. Since it use standard 2.5mm centre positive plugs, you will also find it useful in other applicables, as long as current draw is less than 500mA (which is quite a lot).
Ok, I have found an old adaptor in my home as below:
Does this means that with the red dot below, it is center positive ?:
which means I can just swap the positive and the negative as per the picture below:
Any comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by JohnSantana - 11/3/13 at 4:30am
I haven't been on here in ages, sold my older Lisa a while back but checking out this new one. Longer lasting battery and included charger is the newest news I found so far. Has anyone tried the newest "30 hour Lisa" yet? I'm dying to know how well it does.
Which Lisa Amp is this that you mean ?
If you go to Triad Audio's website, they list a new one right on the front page "New 30 Hour Lisa" is now available. 30 hours sounds pretty good. I was wondering if anyone's purchased one yet and what the results were.
Yep that's for the new version, its a bigger li-on battery pack
Just a note it comes with its own 16.5vdc battery charger, you'll be doing the majority of your listening with the battery pack, its my go to amp for work and on the go. The L3 has been dead silent with or without battery use, when plugged into my Etymotic ER4P's, i can't speak for other IEMs but for my purposes its been perfect.
If you have the older version that uses the 24vdc power supply of the L3 or Lisa3, and don't want to opt for the $$ accompanying lab power, Jameco sells a cheap Linear Regulated PSU that works very well.
These amps have been wonderful for the many years i've used them, I can't add more about what already has been said about the sound previously, its a portable amp that sounds like a desktop amp. Taking it to the meets, elicit a lot of oooh and ahhhs from other headfiers that otherwise thought that such a small amp would have issues with their power hungry headphones, its never been the case, I continue to enjoy its sonic attributes even after to listening to much more expensive gear, I never get the feeling I'm missing out :)
Have Fun All !
i actually heard l3 and lisa (was it 3? i don't remember, older version) few times. very good amp. the only thing holding me back was the size, didn't think i would bring an amp with me(i am now). and the battery life(5 hours with 2 9v battery?). it sound great with headphones, and also ciems(also dead silent).
- LISA III Available for Order
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › WTB- Onkyo DP‑X1 or Pioneer 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 3 minutes ago
- › STAX SRM T1S with TOSHIBA tubes 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 8 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 17 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 22 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 23 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 24 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...