Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Headphone Impedance
LISA III Available for Order - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The one with the LisaIII is an iMod, PV-Cap to Lisa III. I have used my JH13Pros with this set up and the punchiness and beauty of the three channel is all appreciated, but the noise floor is too high for me. LisaIII was never designed to be IEM amp. It sings with Ed9 and D7000 though.
The H120 to D10 has lower noise floor for IEM as does my H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2. They are my audiophile portable set ups for IEM. iPhone 3GS to IEM still rocks for noise floor and punch in many circumstances though.
In short, I wouldn't design a portable setup for IEM with Lisa III unless it was low sensitivity or high impedance.
I would use the LisaIII for mid or full size phones though. It can make Porta Pros and P5's perform but is overkill for them really.
Just my experience and thoughts.
Looking forward to hearing the L3 before buying one. If the hiss in non existant on IEM's then it might replace the the Pico Slim. Might miss that sweet volume control of the slim though.
When I order the amp, does it come with an adaptor? or I have to order from elsewhere?
Just want to jam in here. The LISA III will NOT come with an adaptor. You will have to buy your own, or use one of your existing regulated 24V DC supply with the right plug. I have tried the PSR (the power supply designed by Phil for the Pocket Reference II) and it works well, though I am not sure if it has the sufficient power to charge the Expedition within reasonable time.
If you decide the LISA III is the right amp for you, I would highly recommend you get the LISA LAB POWER (LLP) PSU which was designed with the LISA III in mind, and according to Phil, his best PSU design to-date. The LLP is universal voltage. Since it use standard 2.5mm centre positive plugs, you will also find it useful in other applicables, as long as current draw is less than 500mA (which is quite a lot).
Ok, I have found an old adaptor in my home as below:
Does this means that with the red dot below, it is center positive ?:
which means I can just swap the positive and the negative as per the picture below:
Any comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by JohnSantana - 11/3/13 at 4:30am
I haven't been on here in ages, sold my older Lisa a while back but checking out this new one. Longer lasting battery and included charger is the newest news I found so far. Has anyone tried the newest "30 hour Lisa" yet? I'm dying to know how well it does.
Which Lisa Amp is this that you mean ?
If you go to Triad Audio's website, they list a new one right on the front page "New 30 Hour Lisa" is now available. 30 hours sounds pretty good. I was wondering if anyone's purchased one yet and what the results were.
Yep that's for the new version, its a bigger li-on battery pack
Just a note it comes with its own 16.5vdc battery charger, you'll be doing the majority of your listening with the battery pack, its my go to amp for work and on the go. The L3 has been dead silent with or without battery use, when plugged into my Etymotic ER4P's, i can't speak for other IEMs but for my purposes its been perfect.
If you have the older version that uses the 24vdc power supply of the L3 or Lisa3, and don't want to opt for the $$ accompanying lab power, Jameco sells a cheap Linear Regulated PSU that works very well.
These amps have been wonderful for the many years i've used them, I can't add more about what already has been said about the sound previously, its a portable amp that sounds like a desktop amp. Taking it to the meets, elicit a lot of oooh and ahhhs from other headfiers that otherwise thought that such a small amp would have issues with their power hungry headphones, its never been the case, I continue to enjoy its sonic attributes even after to listening to much more expensive gear, I never get the feeling I'm missing out :)
Have Fun All !
i actually heard l3 and lisa (was it 3? i don't remember, older version) few times. very good amp. the only thing holding me back was the size, didn't think i would bring an amp with me(i am now). and the battery life(5 hours with 2 9v battery?). it sound great with headphones, and also ciems(also dead silent).
- LISA III Available for Order
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › IEMS with bass under $100 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › Tastefully modded T50RP with BTG hybrid cable & HiFiMan SMA connectors 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 12 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 12 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 12 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 12 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)