Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
- Headphone Impedance
LISA III Available for Order - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The one with the LisaIII is an iMod, PV-Cap to Lisa III. I have used my JH13Pros with this set up and the punchiness and beauty of the three channel is all appreciated, but the noise floor is too high for me. LisaIII was never designed to be IEM amp. It sings with Ed9 and D7000 though.
The H120 to D10 has lower noise floor for IEM as does my H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2. They are my audiophile portable set ups for IEM. iPhone 3GS to IEM still rocks for noise floor and punch in many circumstances though.
In short, I wouldn't design a portable setup for IEM with Lisa III unless it was low sensitivity or high impedance.
I would use the LisaIII for mid or full size phones though. It can make Porta Pros and P5's perform but is overkill for them really.
Just my experience and thoughts.
Looking forward to hearing the L3 before buying one. If the hiss in non existant on IEM's then it might replace the the Pico Slim. Might miss that sweet volume control of the slim though.
When I order the amp, does it come with an adaptor? or I have to order from elsewhere?
Just want to jam in here. The LISA III will NOT come with an adaptor. You will have to buy your own, or use one of your existing regulated 24V DC supply with the right plug. I have tried the PSR (the power supply designed by Phil for the Pocket Reference II) and it works well, though I am not sure if it has the sufficient power to charge the Expedition within reasonable time.
If you decide the LISA III is the right amp for you, I would highly recommend you get the LISA LAB POWER (LLP) PSU which was designed with the LISA III in mind, and according to Phil, his best PSU design to-date. The LLP is universal voltage. Since it use standard 2.5mm centre positive plugs, you will also find it useful in other applicables, as long as current draw is less than 500mA (which is quite a lot).
Ok, I have found an old adaptor in my home as below:
Does this means that with the red dot below, it is center positive ?:
which means I can just swap the positive and the negative as per the picture below:
Any comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by JohnSantana - 11/3/13 at 4:30am
I haven't been on here in ages, sold my older Lisa a while back but checking out this new one. Longer lasting battery and included charger is the newest news I found so far. Has anyone tried the newest "30 hour Lisa" yet? I'm dying to know how well it does.
Which Lisa Amp is this that you mean ?
If you go to Triad Audio's website, they list a new one right on the front page "New 30 Hour Lisa" is now available. 30 hours sounds pretty good. I was wondering if anyone's purchased one yet and what the results were.
Yep that's for the new version, its a bigger li-on battery pack
Just a note it comes with its own 16.5vdc battery charger, you'll be doing the majority of your listening with the battery pack, its my go to amp for work and on the go. The L3 has been dead silent with or without battery use, when plugged into my Etymotic ER4P's, i can't speak for other IEMs but for my purposes its been perfect.
If you have the older version that uses the 24vdc power supply of the L3 or Lisa3, and don't want to opt for the $$ accompanying lab power, Jameco sells a cheap Linear Regulated PSU that works very well.
These amps have been wonderful for the many years i've used them, I can't add more about what already has been said about the sound previously, its a portable amp that sounds like a desktop amp. Taking it to the meets, elicit a lot of oooh and ahhhs from other headfiers that otherwise thought that such a small amp would have issues with their power hungry headphones, its never been the case, I continue to enjoy its sonic attributes even after to listening to much more expensive gear, I never get the feeling I'm missing out :)
Have Fun All !
i actually heard l3 and lisa (was it 3? i don't remember, older version) few times. very good amp. the only thing holding me back was the size, didn't think i would bring an amp with me(i am now). and the battery life(5 hours with 2 9v battery?). it sound great with headphones, and also ciems(also dead silent).
- LISA III Available for Order
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 6 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 40 seconds ago
- › Listening fatigue 43 seconds ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (updated on page 3 with... 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 4 minutes ago
- › Best Cable for JH16? 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)