Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
LISA III Available for Order - Page 71post #1051 of 10704/29/10 at 8:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 10704/30/10 at 6:33amI have four portable setups.
The one with the LisaIII is an iMod, PV-Cap to Lisa III. I have used my JH13Pros with this set up and the punchiness and beauty of the three channel is all appreciated, but the noise floor is too high for me. LisaIII was never designed to be IEM amp. It sings with Ed9 and D7000 though.
The H120 to D10 has lower noise floor for IEM as does my H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2. They are my audiophile portable set ups for IEM. iPhone 3GS to IEM still rocks for noise floor and punch in many circumstances though.
In short, I wouldn't design a portable setup for IEM with Lisa III unless it was low sensitivity or high impedance.
I would use the LisaIII for mid or full size phones though. It can make Porta Pros and P5's perform but is overkill for them really.
Just my experience and thoughts.
Sceptrepost #1053 of 10705/26/10 at 1:00ampost #1054 of 107010/27/10 at 11:07ampost #1055 of 107011/14/10 at 9:33ampost #1056 of 10707/16/11 at 4:04pmpost #1057 of 10707/16/11 at 6:24pm
Looking forward to hearing the L3 before buying one. If the hiss in non existant on IEM's then it might replace the the Pico Slim. Might miss that sweet volume control of the slim though.
Sceptrepost #1058 of 10707/22/11 at 9:54ampost #1059 of 107011/3/13 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by fkcloQuote:
When I order the amp, does it come with an adaptor? or I have to order from elsewhere?
Just want to jam in here. The LISA III will NOT come with an adaptor. You will have to buy your own, or use one of your existing regulated 24V DC supply with the right plug. I have tried the PSR (the power supply designed by Phil for the Pocket Reference II) and it works well, though I am not sure if it has the sufficient power to charge the Expedition within reasonable time.
If you decide the LISA III is the right amp for you, I would highly recommend you get the LISA LAB POWER (LLP) PSU which was designed with the LISA III in mind, and according to Phil, his best PSU design to-date. The LLP is universal voltage. Since it use standard 2.5mm centre positive plugs, you will also find it useful in other applicables, as long as current draw is less than 500mA (which is quite a lot).
Ok, I have found an old adaptor in my home as below:
Does this means that with the red dot below, it is center positive ?:
which means I can just swap the positive and the negative as per the picture below:
Any comment and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by JohnSantana - 11/3/13 at 4:30ampost #1060 of 10701/4/14 at 4:18pm
I haven't been on here in ages, sold my older Lisa a while back but checking out this new one. Longer lasting battery and included charger is the newest news I found so far. Has anyone tried the newest "30 hour Lisa" yet? I'm dying to know how well it does.
Thanks!post #1061 of 10701/5/14 at 4:35amQuote:
Which Lisa Amp is this that you mean ?post #1062 of 10701/5/14 at 5:28pm
If you go to Triad Audio's website, they list a new one right on the front page "New 30 Hour Lisa" is now available. 30 hours sounds pretty good. I was wondering if anyone's purchased one yet and what the results were.
Thanks,post #1063 of 10701/6/14 at 4:24pmpost #1064 of 10701/7/14 at 2:12amQuote:
Yep that's for the new version, its a bigger li-on battery pack
Just a note it comes with its own 16.5vdc battery charger, you'll be doing the majority of your listening with the battery pack, its my go to amp for work and on the go. The L3 has been dead silent with or without battery use, when plugged into my Etymotic ER4P's, i can't speak for other IEMs but for my purposes its been perfect.
If you have the older version that uses the 24vdc power supply of the L3 or Lisa3, and don't want to opt for the $$ accompanying lab power, Jameco sells a cheap Linear Regulated PSU that works very well.
These amps have been wonderful for the many years i've used them, I can't add more about what already has been said about the sound previously, its a portable amp that sounds like a desktop amp. Taking it to the meets, elicit a lot of oooh and ahhhs from other headfiers that otherwise thought that such a small amp would have issues with their power hungry headphones, its never been the case, I continue to enjoy its sonic attributes even after to listening to much more expensive gear, I never get the feeling I'm missing out :)
Have Fun All !
-Sergpost #1065 of 10701/8/14 at 3:57pm
i actually heard l3 and lisa (was it 3? i don't remember, older version) few times. very good amp. the only thing holding me back was the size, didn't think i would bring an amp with me(i am now). and the battery life(5 hours with 2 9v battery?). it sound great with headphones, and also ciems(also dead silent).
- LISA III Available for Order
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Apex HiFi Audio Sangaku Loaner Program 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › Good $30-$40 DAC and/or DAC/amps for music listening? 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear