Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 218

post #3256 of 3265

"Or.....waterproof, dust-proof, fire-proof, earthquake-proof but not very portable."

 

:D  :D  :D

 

~D


Edited by ipdtt - 3/21/15 at 11:39am
post #3257 of 3265

My Sennheiserblade :) I just bent a Ultraviolettblade, added a magnet and a barbell weight.

post #3258 of 3265

Dammit I was brilliant! But then I realised I'm stupid haha. I had this great idea to use female mannequin heads. One for each of my five headphones. Make each one unique and sexy in her own way. Put them all next to each other wearing my headphones on a display shelf with my gear. It would look great. I was onto something big.

Then I realised that over time my headphones would lose their clamping force. Oh well time to think of my next not so brilliant idea

post #3259 of 3265

Heads are CREEPY...........:biggrin:

post #3260 of 3265
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Heads are CREEPY...........:biggrin:

Tell me about it! :D

 

post #3261 of 3265

Those heads are not for me they freak me out:-)

post #3262 of 3265
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Those heads are not for me they freak me out:-)

 

And me

post #3263 of 3265

I need to build an over head display cabinet with glass doors to fit like 8 pairs of head phones and a bottom drawer for all my iem's. Hopefully I the next couple of weeks my only problem is I usually don't work with wood that much so it could turn out to be  bunch of fire wood. I can work with metal but wood is less forgiving.

post #3264 of 3265
Quote:
Originally Posted by acain View Post
 

I need to build an over head display cabinet with glass doors to fit like 8 pairs of head phones and a bottom drawer for all my iem's. Hopefully I the next couple of weeks my only problem is I usually don't work with wood that much so it could turn out to be  bunch of fire wood. I can work with metal but wood is less forgiving.

Don't worry wood is very forgiving.  In a pinch it will bend to your will and can always use a hammer if you get really frustrated  :evil:.  In all seriousness though measure 2 to 5 times, cut once.  Once you cut there is no going back.  

post #3265 of 3265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post
 

Don't worry wood is very forgiving.  In a pinch it will bend to your will and can always use a hammer if you get really frustrated  :evil:.  In all seriousness though measure 2 to 5 times, cut once.  Once you cut there is no going back.  

 

For me, I always cut lengths slightly longer than necessary, and drill holes slightly smaller than required.

 

Because it's easier to shorten long things, and expand small holes.

 

That and the finishing process is also another way to shape/shorten parts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD