Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 192

post #2866 of 2917
Probably but I'm just using spare PVC I had lying around from a soccer flag. The idea was to use stuff I already have
post #2867 of 2917
Rocks from the yard? Lol they add weight that's for sure.
post #2868 of 2917

I have to chuckle when I saw this.  I have a similar lamp within arm's reach I've sitting next to for 8 years.  Never thought of this.

Thx!

post #2869 of 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfunk View Post
 

 

Used a microphone stand as the base was extremely heavy despite a small footprint.


Hey,

I need a five-can version of this.  What is the length of the top bar in this pic?  Also, are you willing to share specs/how-to?

post #2870 of 2917

 

Just finished my 2 story copper stand just in time for the Calgary meet next weekend still needs some finishing touches but looking good so far.

post #2871 of 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

Not bad at all

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiman View Post
 

I just found this one on the web:

 

machook_multi_800.jpg
 

This should't be too difficult to copy, except for the suction part. See extra pictures on http://cargocollective.com/workerman/MacHook

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was looking for something like this, too bad they're all gone. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2872 of 2917

Some really nice pieces here, would like to build a DIY headphone stand. 

Has anyone worked with fiberglass? 

post #2873 of 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiz View Post
 

Some really nice pieces here, would like to build a DIY headphone stand. 

Has anyone worked with fiberglass? 

 

Yes don't go there for a one off, it takes to long ,costs to much and is very stinky.

post #2874 of 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiz View Post
 

Some really nice pieces here, would like to build a DIY headphone stand. 

Has anyone worked with fiberglass? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMcC View Post
 

 

Yes don't go there for a one off, it takes to long ,costs to much and is very stinky.

 

 

It's probably not a good idea, but I had a version of an eyeglass holder that would be modified to fiberglass with a wood/aluminum base to be used as a headphone holder for desktop. 

 

I wanted to throw up a pic but since I'm a new member I can't really throw pics onto the Forum just yet, so I can't really show you guys what I'm envisioning. 

I'll do a few renderings and see how it looks. 

 

I've also got a buddy that did some fiberglass on the side (repairs to his surfboard) and may ask him for hand on this project. 

post #2875 of 2917
You can throw them up on imgur.com and post the links here.
post #2876 of 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiz View Post
 

 

 

It's probably not a good idea, but I had a version of an eyeglass holder that would be modified to fiberglass with a wood/aluminum base to be used as a headphone holder for desktop. 

 

I wanted to throw up a pic but since I'm a new member I can't really throw pics onto the Forum just yet, so I can't really show you guys what I'm envisioning. 

I'll do a few renderings and see how it looks. 

 

I've also got a buddy that did some fiberglass on the side (repairs to his surfboard) and may ask him for hand on this project. 


Look forward to seeing your links and ideas don't be put off by my comments building out of composites it is a very versatile material. I have been making stuff out of it for 25+ years most thing from septic tanks to Americas cup boats so am a little jaded and now relish any opportunity to work with a bit of wood.  

post #2877 of 2917



For a friend to hold his Alpha Dog and 5 IEMs.

 

 

Before the application of the paint...

 

 

 

The final product...

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                  ** VERTEBRAE STAND  **

post #2878 of 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



For a friend to hold his Alpha Dog and 5 IEMs.

All i can say is WoW great job on that one. One of my favorite ones i seen you do yet.

post #2879 of 2917
Dude, before paint it looks like a Predator yanked the spine out of something. After paint it looks like part of HR Giger's Alien! Definitely my favorite
post #2880 of 2917

We should definitely come up with a "Head-Fi monster" or any "Head-Fi Character" and then make a stand based on it 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD