Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 178

post #2656 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by syNRG View Post
 

 

Being someone that likes creative uses of everyday objects (unless you don't read much of course), this makes me very happy.

post #2657 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by syNRG View Post
 



Hahaha...  Very creative use of bookends, man!

Thanks for the inspiration.

 

 

 

Here's a volume knob from a DIY electronics store.  That's as far as my creativity goes.  But your bookends gave me some ideas...  

 


Edited by sp3llv3xit - 2/17/14 at 5:22am
post #2658 of 2958

dude.. sp3llv3xit.. 

 

your creative mind.. is very creative.

post #2659 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegs75 View Post

Yes the coupling is also from Lowes..........3 inch coupling in the plumbing section.

Thanks again ... Hope you don't mind but I totally stole your idea :]

Last question for you: What do you use to affix the drumhead to the rubber coupling?

post #2660 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



Hahaha...  Very creative use of bookends, man!

Thanks for the inspiration.

 

 

 

 

Here's a volume knob from a DIY electronics store.  That's as far as my creativity goes.  But your bookends gave me some ideas...  

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobLee89 View Post
 

 

Being someone that likes creative uses of everyday objects (unless you don't read much of course), this makes me very happy.

Damn that's what they're called bookends! I completely forgot when I was trying to write my thread about how to construct it.

 

Glad that you all liked it :) Minimal construction and decent price for someone who has never set foot in a hardware store looking for anything more than items for school projects 

post #2661 of 2958

Got bored. Made a new stand. Or dock.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



On my desktop as it is now...



Edited by sp3llv3xit - 2/18/14 at 1:27am
post #2662 of 2958

Thanks again ... Hope you don't mind but I totally stole your idea :]

Last question for you: What do you use to affix the drumhead to the rubber coupling?

 

 

 

Hey it looks great!!..........I used Rubber cement to attach the logo. I may remove it and get it laminated.

 

Good Job!


Edited by redlegs75 - 2/20/14 at 2:36pm
post #2663 of 2958
Thanks. Will have to try rubber cement; double-sided tape seems to work OK short-term but that may work better...
post #2664 of 2958

 

Jumping in with my own very simple stand.

It's a slob of stone (granite) from an old BBQ (cleaned) and two feet from an old bathroom dresser. Bound together with a couple of screws (just drilled a hole in the stone and one in the tube). As the bottom plate is (very) heavy, it's sturdy and simple :)

post #2665 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslovian View Post
 

 

Jumping in with my own very simple stand.

It's a slob of stone (granite) from an old BBQ (cleaned) and two feet from an old bathroom dresser. Bound together with a couple of screws (just drilled a hole in the stone and one in the tube). As the bottom plate is (very) heavy, it's sturdy and simple :)

 

Once simple things get very clean, tidy, and well executed, it becomes elegant ;). I could only imagine how it'd look with a bit of polishing.

post #2666 of 2958

UNFINISED....

 

 

 

 

post #2667 of 2958

I made the wooden stand at school with only about 40 minutes left in class. I had limited resources (but free!) so I'm quite happy with what it turned out to be. Total costs: $0

 

 

 

 

post #2668 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

UNFINISED....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

I see a Little dot mk4, another little dot, and what's the device in the middle?!

post #2669 of 2958

My redneck headphone stand :)

But Im going to build myself one of glass and stone - hope I can share it with You soon.


Edited by Moses4188 - 2/25/14 at 1:52pm
post #2670 of 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post
 

I see a Little dot mk4, another little dot, and what's the device in the middle?!

It's an old Transformer i used it to hold the tubes for LD 1+ and LD MK III.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD