Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 170

post #2536 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by federicopol View Post
 

Hello!

 

I recently bought a pair of stax sr-202, and excited about the sound of them i decided they deserved a better stand than my previous "uber-ghetto" one:

 

So i built this stand:

 

 

 

The base is some sort of hardwood, the upper part is a rectangular wood frame, stuffed with quilting batting and covered with a custom embroidered nylon piece.

 

Hope you will like it.

 

Looks cool

post #2537 of 3026

 

Headphone amps need stands too.

 

The rubber feet under the Lyr and hardwood is leftovers from Home Depot, and the legs are from Ikea.

post #2538 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe50000 View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Headphone amps need stands too.

 

The rubber feet under the Lyr and hardwood is leftovers from Home Depot, and the legs are from Ikea.

DUDE NO WAY!!!!! 

I did the SAME exact thing with those same exact legs but I used a small piece of faux wood that my ikea desk is also made out of.  I have my dac sitting up top and my amp below.  I was going to post pics a couple months ago but decided not to (headphone stands not component stands) Those legs work beautifully for what we did : )

 

EDIT: I'll put up pics once my G109s comes in, right now there's a little E9 underneath and it looks  a little silly.  I cut the wood so there would just be enough room for the g109s so it should look "appropriate."


Edited by linglingjr - 12/25/13 at 11:46pm
post #2539 of 3026

     

 

 

Driftwood picked up from a local beach with some sanding and a groove cut in it.

post #2540 of 3026

$2.80 banana hanger:

 
2B5208DB.jpg
 
$2.80 headphone stand
 
sd5BXAF.jpg
post #2541 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

$2.80 banana hanger:

 
2B5208DB.jpg
 
$2.80 headphone stand
 
sd5BXAF.jpg

sells for $80 because of what it is hanging

post #2542 of 3026

I saw they sell these at Target for 3 bucks:

Look like they would be perfect for Headphones, nice and smooth. They also come in a few colors. Here's the shop link: http://www.target.com/p/threshold-2-pack-single-prong-robe-hook-satin-nickel/-/A-11345914#prodSlot=medium_1_29

post #2543 of 3026

I did as well saw a coffee powder holder [not sure what you calls it], it looks pretty sleek and I was really tempted to buy it... then comes the price... 80+Euro. D:

post #2544 of 3026

IKEAs folding alumnium hook. I have this bolted on my computer table's shelf.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Bj%C3%A4rnum-Folding-Hook-Aluminum/dp/B00AZ7BEDK

post #2545 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave76 View Post
 

IKEAs folding alumnium hook. I have this bolted on my computer table's shelf.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Bj%C3%A4rnum-Folding-Hook-Aluminum/dp/B00AZ7BEDK

I got a couple of those on my wall - i attached a contact quick release hook to the bottom of them so it could hang the cords without messing with the headbands....i do find that the sharp edges ding up the headbands a little, but I'll live with it....

post #2546 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikemolis View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

     

 

 

 

Driftwood picked up from a local beach with some sanding and a groove cut in it.

 

It´s amazing what you can do with imagination and some skills. Well done

post #2547 of 3026

Sunday morning.  Time once again for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.

 

post #2548 of 3026

Just found this thread and there are some great ideas in here! I was looking around and pictures and decided on a staggered height dual headphone stand. I paid about $15 for the oak at lowes and after about 45 mins of noodling around I built this. It's not the prettiest thing our there but it gets the job done. I used some left over supplies from my T50rp modding to finish them off. I used acoustic foam on the top and sides to cushion the headphones. I also stuck some rounded off felt on the top under the foam to give it a bit of a curve. Just basic command hooks on the back of the posts to hold the cables. 

 

 

 

post #2549 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryant View Post

Just found this thread and there are some great ideas in here! I was looking around and pictures and decided on a staggered height dual headphone stand. I paid about $15 for the oak at lowes and after about 45 mins of noodling around I built this. It's not the prettiest thing our there but it gets the job done. I used some left over supplies from my T50rp modding to finish them off. I used acoustic foam on the top and sides to cushion the headphones. I also stuck some rounded off felt on the top under the foam to give it a bit of a curve. Just basic command hooks on the back of the posts to hold the cables. 








NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did you just hacked into my brain and my "blueprint"?! It's exactly the same thing (but with a cable organizer at the bottom) I wanted to build soon T.T

But nice stand!!!
post #2550 of 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyzzaj View Post
 

Sunday morning.  Time once again for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Deutsches Bier, umm lecker!!!!

May I ask for a wish, maybe a Staropramen Tap Handle Stand? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryant View Post
 

Just found this thread and there are some great ideas in here! I was looking around and pictures and decided on a staggered height dual headphone stand. I paid about $15 for the oak at lowes and after about 45 mins of noodling around I built this. It's not the prettiest thing our there but it gets the job done. I used some left over supplies from my T50rp modding to finish them off. I used acoustic foam on the top and sides to cushion the headphones. I also stuck some rounded off felt on the top under the foam to give it a bit of a curve. Just basic command hooks on the back of the posts to hold the cables. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Nice work!! Maybe you can get the top a little rounded? I think it will better for your HP

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did you just hacked into my brain and my "blueprint"?! It's exactly the same thing (but with a cable organizer at the bottom) I wanted to build soon T.T

But nice stand!!!

Yeah I know he has that ability :wink_face: Now you know, it´s time to make one really quick before he can even have a chance to read your mind

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD