Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 162

post #2416 of 2796

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. :)

post #2417 of 2796

the amount of people quoting posts with a bunch of pictures in them is too damn high! If someone posts a bunch of pictures of their cool headphone stand, try not to quote the post so all the images get posted twice or more on the same page. It's just unnecessary is all.


Edited by ropeadope - 11/15/13 at 11:49pm
post #2418 of 2796

It used to be a cd rack shaped like a cat. On top there was a happy cat face made out of metal. I cut it off :-)

post #2419 of 2796

WHA WHA WHAT HAPPEND to the Sunday Morning TAP HANDLE q.q I hope that guy is ok! 

post #2420 of 2796
I think he ran out of handles frown.gif
post #2421 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

WHA WHA WHAT HAPPEND to the Sunday Morning TAP HANDLE q.q I hope that guy is ok! 

 

I´m also worried about him, I like that someone takes this thing so serious and he really did a good job. It will be nice to hear from him!!

post #2422 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post
 

 

I´m also worried about him, I like that someone takes this thing so serious and he really did a good job. It will be nice to hear from him!!

Indeed and in his stead. I might start honestly doing some Saturday Morning Ceral Boxes! I've been wanting to collect ceral boxes for a while now, since 1 I eat a LOT of ceral and 2 they look cool imo. With sufficent weight at the bottom they could make some nice headphone stands :O actually that's a good idea... I've got some BIG Boxes I've been needing to put to good use! 

post #2423 of 2796
DIY thread Dude...

This is for something that you build, not a throw headphones on a box or headphones on a chair... Start a new thread for that. biggrin.gif
post #2424 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

DIY thread Dude...

This is for something that you build, not a throw headphones on a box or headphones on a chair... Start a new thread for that. biggrin.gif

Pff home boy wasn't building tap handles MAN! And they will be built... I'll have to reinforce those boxes! meaning I'm going to have to do some DIY 

 

such a buzz kill Troll! 

post #2425 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Pff home boy wasn't building tap handles MAN! And they will be built... I'll have to reinforce those boxes! meaning I'm going to have to do some DIY

 

such a buzz kill Troll!

Not at all my man... I was not a fan of the THotW from the start, others were not either and have voiced such.

 

I feel that a DIY headphone stand has a bit of work and time involved in the process, work from:

@ericfarrell85

@sp3llv3xit

@MaDD0G

@Deathdeisel

@rcjroy

@linglingjr

as examples and many many many others too numerous to mention is what this thread is all about, look back through this thread from the start.

 

*Note*  Putting headphones on a bottle of mouthwash does not quite cut it IMHO.

 

My pipe stands are just cut and epoxy / solderd pieces which anyone can do so they are really nothing special either, now if you laminated all the cereal boxes together and cut out an Omega Sieveking stand then that would be cool and a wicked DIY!

 

Take no offense Bro I just feel that this thread deserves more thats all.

:beerchug:

post #2426 of 2796
Needed a stand that wasn't damaging the HE-500's like the Woo was, so, I built my own in wood shop today. Not perfect, but it'll do!


post #2427 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

Needed a stand that wasn't damaging the HE-500's like the Woo was, so, I built my own in wood shop today. Not perfect, but it'll do!

Wow the finish on that looks amazing.  Stain and the crazy nice colors you can get with wood is about the only think I like about it, I can't stand working with it compared to metal/plastic/foam though.

 

I'm also a bit concerned about the Tap Handle guy.

post #2428 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

Needed a stand that wasn't damaging the HE-500's like the Woo was, so, I built my own in wood shop today. Not perfect, but it'll do!


 

Mmmm, delicious! I have HE-500's as well, and am now curious. My mannequin head serves me well for now, though :)

post #2429 of 2796

 



New headphone rest design with a slot for hanging IEMs.

post #2430 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post


New headphone rest design with a slot for hanging IEMs.

That's lovely! What materiels are used?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD