Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 158

post #2356 of 3005
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post
 

A couple of photos of the new stand. I tried to add some angularity from the previous version. The completed version will follow later on, but a little photoshop (2nd pic) helps bring an idea of what it'll look like (should be nicer still). The lower spindles allow the user to wrap the cables, if they so choose. I may tack on a couple of knobs to the base for further cable wrapping adjustments. 

 

 

I like the idea!!! Something different indeed. But yeahh maybe some cable hangers?!?

post #2357 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I do like something nice and wide for the headbands, looks like the Stax are hanging on a broom handle. Please take no offense as your work is excellent. I just like more weight distribution.
beerchug.gif

I don't take offense. Quite the reverse as constructive criticism fuels improvements. Thanks for the honesty.  :beerchug: 

post #2358 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post
 

I don't take offense. Quite the reverse as constructive criticism fuels improvements. Thanks for the honesty.  :beerchug: 

Good attitude... THIS man will find great success! [well looking at his head phone room I think he already has q.q] 

post #2359 of 3005

Do you guys have a repository for the CNC plans / Models you use to make some of these Stands? I work on 5 Axis-mills and would love some good models to make.

post #2360 of 3005

An example of how to use the spindles to wrap the cables. Still not ideal but can be used and presentable enough I think. 

post #2361 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Here is a DIY stand that was built for me, and I needed a place to put the LCD 3's so I just thought I'd post it here... :tongue_smile:

HieutrungHandcrafts he does excellent work...

 

I just ordered one of these....I love the look.

 

Gonna be the new home for my RS1i

post #2362 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post

 

I just ordered one of these....I love the look.

 

Gonna be the new home for my RS1i

Excellent!

 

They are a really nice stand, did you check the size on his page to make sure the RS1i's will fit without having to adjust them smaller? I find the stand a little on the short side depending on the headphone. Here is his measurement page http://hieutrunghandcrafts.com/m1measurement.html

 

If you feel it is a little too short then send him a message to discuss making the stand a little taller he is a great guy and easy to deal with.

:beerchug:

post #2363 of 3005
I'm going to repost the question because I did mess up the links and haven't yet understood what is best.

So,would this stand: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31RAacxoDwL.jpg be preferred over this stand: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Bv1mZDW3L.jpg because it doesn't let the pads press against it? Does the first stand press too sharply against the headband?
Edited by DoomForce - 10/29/13 at 1:39pm
post #2364 of 3005

It might be a better idea to get the first because as you said, the second presses against the pads. However, on the first one the area where the headband contacts the stand may be a bit small although it looks fine. It depends, what headphones are you planning on putting on the stand?

post #2365 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Excellent!

 

They are a really nice stand, did you check the size on his page to make sure the RS1i's will fit without having to adjust them smaller? I find the stand a little on the short side depending on the headphone. Here is his measurement page http://hieutrunghandcrafts.com/m1measurement.html

 

If you feel it is a little too short then send him a message to discuss making the stand a little taller he is a great guy and easy to deal with.

:beerchug:

Yes, he sent me a pic of the stand holding his PS500 and it looked all right.

 

He said he had stands taller, but they were just alittle too tall for my liking.

 

A stand just about 1 inch taller than this would be great.....but I still think it will be fine and I really like the look of it.

post #2366 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

Yes, he sent me a pic of the stand holding his PS500 and it looked all right.

 

He said he had stands taller, but they were just alittle too tall for my liking.

 

A stand just about 1 inch taller than this would be great.....but I still think it will be fine and I really like the look of it.


Excellent! It's a great stand, be sure to post us up some pics here when you get it all situated. :)

post #2367 of 3005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 


Excellent! It's a great stand, be sure to post us up some pics here when you get it all situated. :)

 

 

 

post #2368 of 3005
Very Nice!
Now you need to get him to make a matching set of sides for that sweet Mapletree. smily_headphones1.gif
beerchug.gif
post #2369 of 3005

Real estate on my desk is at a premium. So why not build multi-function gear?

 

 

5 years ago...

 

today...


Edited by vixr - 11/1/13 at 5:57pm
post #2370 of 3005

You open frame people are brave.  I could never have one of those on my desk without being paranoid about breaking it.  Or one of the project sunrise ii amps

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD