or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 156

post #2326 of 3454

I will cut using a CNC Machine, so it would be much easier just to cut each piece then align then use dowels or whatever to make it work.

post #2327 of 3454
If your using a CNC then I would do it up in aluminum with a nice satin finish.
post #2328 of 3454
School CNC can only cut wood I think, same with laser cutter.
post #2329 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGFX View Post

School CNC can only cut wood I think, same with laser cutter.

I don't know if the wood will be strong enough but you can definately try.

post #2330 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post
 

I don't know if the wood will be strong enough but you can definately try.

Wood won't be a problem. You could build a headphone stand that shape out of rolled up newspaper and it would be strong enough.

post #2331 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoSmuggler View Post

Wood won't be a problem. You could build a headphone stand that shape out of rolled up newspaper and it would be strong enough.

You could just paper mâché the newspaper wink.gif who needs wood :P
post #2332 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfarrell85 View Post


Hey, as I mentioned, I build my own furniture as a hobby. The rack, L-Lamp, computer table, wire box were all made to be part of the audio nook. I think I'm going to try and tackle a new headphone stand that will somehow incorporate the storage of iem's. It's never been done as far as I'm concerned, because the logistics are ridiculous, but hey some of my customs cost more than my full size headphones. They deserve their own home.

 

Yeah, I know it's self-made. I didn't mean "what" as in what is the make, etc.

You just left me in awe :D

post #2333 of 3454

Thanks friend, I appreciate that. If you have any ideas on stands or anything DIY related let me know. There's always something that hasn't been thought of or a product that is needed but isn't really made. I do think that a stand for IEM's would be very interesting as I've never come across it. I also want to mess around with amplifier chassis work, because unlike the speaker world, most of the chassis are utilitarian and run of the mill. 

post #2334 of 3454
Maybe for an IEM stand you could build an upright bit with some holes large enough to thread the housings and cables through.
post #2335 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Here is a DIY stand that was built for me, and I needed a place to put the LCD 3's so I just thought I'd post it here... :tongue_smile:

HieutrungHandcrafts he does excellent work...



Nice Charles!  Would be nice and thematic to cloak that squeaky-clean Burson in wood also!  

:)

post #2336 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



Nice Charles!  Would be nice and thematic to cloak that squeaky-clean Burson in wood also!  

:)

nah I like the Steel on Wood on Auzede Look! 

post #2337 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post



Nice Charles!  Would be nice and thematic to cloak that squeaky-clean Burson in wood also!  

smily_headphones1.gif
I agree, a nice mahogany or teak wrap would be sharp for sure!
post #2338 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


I agree, a nice mahogany or teak wrap would be sharp for sure!

hows the treble of the LCD 3 against the DT 880 

post #2339 of 3454

Hey guys,

 

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it somewhere: Would a headphone stand where the headphones press against it with their pads be damaging over time to the pads themselves?

 

For example, would this stand: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31RAacxoDwL.jpg   be preferred over this stand: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Bv1mZDW3L.jpg because it doesn't let the pads press against it?

post #2340 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomForce View Post
 

Hey guys,

 

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it somewhere: Would a headphone stand where the headphones press against it with their pads be damaging over time to the pads themselves?

 

For example, would this stand: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31RAacxoDwL.jpg   be preferred over this stand: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Bv1mZDW3L.jpg because it doesn't let the pads press against it?

The 2nd image doesn't show up....

 

Also there's no straight answer.

It depends on the stand and the headphone in question.

 

The worst combination is a heavy headphone with a very plush headband, very plush earpads and a strong head-grip resting on a very thin and wide headphone stand that digs into the plush parts.

 

Ideally the part that makes contact with the headband has enough surface area not to dig into the headband. (1st picture has enough surface area)

Ideally the earpads don't push onto anything. (1st picture looks like it's pressing on the ear pads - which is no good)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD