Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 114

post #1696 of 3134

I suppose this is overkill, considering the weight limit of this stand it might be more suitable for some hifiman orthos.

post #1697 of 3134

post #1698 of 3134

Seriously...

post #1699 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Nice Job!

Looks Great!

 

Thanks...I think it came out very nice for a Home Depot build :).

post #1700 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

 

No worries, I'm setting the bar pretty low with this...

 

 

cheapest headphone stand possible an empty cd spindle, with a twist tie holding it to a stack of boxes

 

cd spindle held up with a twist tie to a stack of boxes (previously thumbtacked into the wall)

post #1701 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

 

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

 

You're starting to grate on my nerves. eek.gif

 

 

Pretty creative, though.  Let's just hope you don't end up grating the velour off of your AKG pads, though.  I'd have to have some velour mixed in with the grated cheddar in the Mac n' Cheese.

post #1702 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

 

I don't know why, but when I reached this picture on the list I couldn't stop laughing -- thanks for that.

post #1703 of 3134
just finished reading this entire thread through the course of about 3 days. But during that while, I've been in the processing of making an omega style headphone stand with built in DIY O2 amp. I'm in the process of staining and finishing so hopefully picutres to come!
post #1704 of 3134
Nice!
Going to be sweet.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1705 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

No worries, I'm setting the bar pretty low with this...

 

 

cheapest headphone stand possible an empty cd spindle, with a twist tie holding it to a stack of boxes

 

cd spindle held up with a twist tie to a stack of boxes (previously thumbtacked into the wall)

 

You gave me the idea to leave the plastic cover on, which adds stability and actual surface area for a headphone band to settle in a normal posture.

Then I one up'd my one up with the front cut out for cable storage. Will I use them, No. But mounted to wood or something more stable I could see using it. tongue_smile.gif

post #1706 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

 

I don't know why, but when I reached this picture on the list I couldn't stop laughing -- thanks for that.

No problem.

post #1707 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

 

Then I one up'd my one up with the front cut out for cable storage. Will I use them, No. But mounted to wood or something more stable I could see using it. tongue_smile.gif

 

You know... instead of cutting the top off, I'd cut a hole/notch at the bottom of the plastic cover. Then I could wrap the cables up inside the cover and dangle the cord out, snap the cover into place, put the headphones on top... voila!

post #1708 of 3134

I've not read all 112 pages, but have you seen this?

 

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2008/08/quality-headphone-stand-for-cheap.html

 

 

toilet roll holder, seems ideal

post #1709 of 3134

Sunday morning.  Time for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.

 

 

 

post #1710 of 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

I've not read all 112 pages, but have you seen this?

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2008/08/quality-headphone-stand-for-cheap.html




toilet roll holder, seems ideal
ha i was considering buying that at ikea the other day when i went there and i didnt even see that link lol. But if you mount it on a wall its going to be too close to the wall for most headphones nad your headphones are going to touch and get sfratched on the wall. Of course if you modify it it could work...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD