Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 100

post #1486 of 2925
Thanks all for the comments, I see you all like it smily_headphones1.gif, makes me happy
post #1487 of 2925
Does anyone know if the IKEA hack headphone stand pegs put any stress on the headphone pads? If they do I'm going to make a contoured top to the stand that fits the shape of the headband.
post #1488 of 2925
I personally like a contoured top, or at least two pegs spaced apart to distribute the weight.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1489 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I personally like a contoured top, or at least two pegs spaced apart to distribute the weight.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

This is off topic but I use tapatalk 2 and head-fi must have upgraded their mobile site and its really nice I prefer over using tapatalk
post #1490 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post


This is off topic but I use tapatalk 2 and head-fi must have upgraded their mobile site and its really nice I prefer over using tapatalk

I love it, better than the browser on the phone, it has some little idiosyncrasies but the main thing is it's very quick.

post #1491 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngyu View Post

finally got the upload picture feature to work... 

700

design on paper

 

700

CAD model

 

700

rough cut

 

700

sanding and painting

 

Completed!

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

Dude any chance you could share those designs? I would like to have one as beautiful as that!

post #1492 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post

Does anyone know if the IKEA hack headphone stand pegs put any stress on the headphone pads? If they do I'm going to make a contoured top to the stand that fits the shape of the headband.
Link/pictures!
post #1493 of 2925
BTW I've been on here for quite some time but I've never really posted until now Haha. Kinda new to these forums. This will my first ever DIY project and I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me when I make this stand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #1494 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcolon View Post

Dude any chance you could share those designs? I would like to have one as beautiful as that!

 

haha yeah sure, how do you want them? what program do you use? They're currently in pro-e parts and assemblies. and as for your earlier question, yeah trolldragon got it right. its a bravo v2 12AU7 tube amp, but most of the important components have been replaced with much higher quality parts.

post #1495 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I thought he ment this one for the gallows... biggrin.gif
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

yeah that was the one I meant xD thanks for clarifying sorry couldn't reply earlier...haven't been on in a while
post #1496 of 2925

This is a great thread, I'll use some of these idea for my computer at work! :)

post #1497 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngyu View Post

 

haha yeah sure, how do you want them? what program do you use? They're currently in pro-e parts and assemblies. and as for your earlier question, yeah trolldragon got it right. its a bravo v2 12AU7 tube amp, but most of the important components have been replaced with much higher quality parts.

The file format wont really matter for me. I will make a fiberglass model of it with a program called pepakura.

Thanks!

J.

post #1498 of 2925
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I personally like a contoured top, or at least two pegs spaced apart to distribute the weight.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

That was my thinking too..
post #1499 of 2925

Hi m8s! I just finished my DIY Headphone Stand...

I hope you like it!


post #1500 of 2925

Wow, raising the bar. That looks lovely

 

And most importantly, it only fits one headphone. Ladies and Gentlemen, my last piece of advice...

 

 

700

 

Do not make headphone stands that can take too many headphones...

 

700

One extra to stay in my bedroom, waiting to be filled...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD