Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD - Page 95

post #1411 of 2999

thanks! i think im gonna spray it black.. its not a particularly nice piece of wood (just some regular pine i had laying around). gotta wait for the rain to go away before i can go ahead with the painting though..... 

post #1412 of 2999

wooooo finally done! black paint + glossy top coat.

 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0aG9SdExQWUZxZWs/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0VmVOZFRROWZub3c/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0QThxRnZDMERxUjQ/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0STVpLXRjZ3YycVU/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0Si1DVnlxdV92S0U/edit

 

ended up not covering the top since it came out decently nice already. let me know how you what you guys think!

post #1413 of 2999

Nice! 

But you have to be careful with your amp. Maybe a cage?

post #1414 of 2999

what do you mean be careful? as in touching the hot components?

post #1415 of 2999

Very very very nice! I like it a lot, especially with the little tube amp there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngyu View Post

what do you mean be careful? as in touching the hot components?

 

I would be super careful not to melt my cables by having them touching the tube while resting on the stand.

post #1416 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngyu View Post

 


ended up not covering the top since it came out decently nice already. let me know how you what you guys think!

 

That's very cool, gives me an idea for my work desktop amp....

post #1417 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Very very very nice! I like it a lot, especially with the little tube amp there.

 

I would be super careful not to melt my cables by having them touching the tube while resting on the stand.

 

haha thanks! and yeah, thats very true, but fortunately, the cables are routed towards the back, and usually when its sitting on the stand, i'll have the tube off, i just had it on for show =P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post

 

That's very cool, gives me an idea for my work desktop amp....

 

yeah, the bravo is a nice little amp. a little too warm (sound wise) in my opinion when i first got it, until i modded it and changed up some components. 

post #1418 of 2999

Here's my stand. I haven't DIY anything for more than 10 years, I feel like this stand is not  good. Gonna try to make more stand if I have spare time and materials.

 

Parts: 

Top - Suzuki RG/RGV motorcycle exhaust pipe cover

Mid - Honda EX5 motorcycle gear shaft

Bottom - low class compressed wood 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #1419 of 2999
Nice! I like it!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1420 of 2999


ngyu,

 

Very nice, slick looking setup!

post #1421 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiracle View Post

Here's my stand. I haven't DIY anything for more than 10 years, I feel like this stand is not  good. Gonna try to make more stand if I have spare time and materials.

 

Parts: 

Top - Suzuki RG/RGV motorcycle exhaust pipe cover

Mid - Honda EX5 motorcycle gear shaft

Bottom - low class compressed wood 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NICE! headphone stand made of motorcycle parts is genius!

post #1422 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngyu View Post

 

NICE! headphone stand made of motorcycle parts is genius!

Thank! My father was a motorcycle parts reseller but he was out of business for around 7 years. He didn't sell off the spare parts and still keeping it in store. So I just "steal" few parts to make this stand. I don't know how will he response if he see this later, haha...

 

I was thinking to get something like this as stand base but there is no more stock confused_face.gif

post #1423 of 2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiracle View Post

Thank! My father was a motorcycle parts reseller but he was out of business for around 7 years. He didn't sell off the spare parts and still keeping it in store. So I just "steal" few parts to make this stand. I don't know how will he response if he see this later, haha...

 

I was thinking to get something like this as stand base but there is no more stock confused_face.gif

oh man, if you can use that disk brake for a stand.... that'd be so epic. looks sweet.

post #1424 of 2999

added back the original acrylic cover for the tube amp to protect it a bit, without taking too much away from the open concept!

 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0WmszdS1rY1VMZ3M/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0R09xMDFNSGhUVnc/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BuKm_SAoi0LWRiU3ZuQUN2NlE/edit

post #1425 of 2999

700

 

Made myself a wall mounted version of my original stand. Darker stain is definitely a winner

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD