New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ALO & AKG

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Ken, congrats on becoming an authorized AKG dealer. ALO gets bigger and better almost every day. I continue to be thrilled with my K701s that you recabled with Jena wire, and at least one other Head-Fi'er has gotten a pair from you as a result of hearing how good mine sounded.

You're probably thinking I must want something from you after that buttering up, eh?

You're correct - I need replacement pads for the K701s, and AKG has been totally unresponsive to my efforts to order a pair. Can you get AKG parts, specifically K701 replacement pads?

Decided to post in the forum rather than send email since I suspect others have the same needs for AKG replacements.
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
Ken, congrats on becoming an authorized AKG dealer. ALO gets bigger and better almost every day. I continue to be thrilled with my K701s that you recabled with Jena wire, and at least one other Head-Fi'er has gotten a pair from you as a result of hearing how good mine sounded.

You're probably thinking I must want something from you after that buttering up, eh?

You're correct - I need replacement pads for the K701s, and AKG has been totally unresponsive to my efforts to order a pair. Can you get AKG parts, specifically K701 replacement pads?

Decided to post in the forum rather than send email since I suspect others have the same needs for AKG replacements.
Hey Agile One,

I am so happy that they 701 mod is working out for you and thanks for participating and posting in this forum.

I certainly will give my AKG Rep a call and inquire about the parts you need and order a few pairs. I need to place another order for 701's anyhow. Let me check on this and get back to you.

Ken
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
I certainly will give my AKG Rep a call and inquire about the parts you need and order a few pairs. I need to place another order for 701's anyhow. Let me check on this and get back to you.
You 'da man, Ken. Thanks!
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
You 'da man, Ken. Thanks!
Good news my AKG rep told me he is on it and will get the pads. AKG is in the process of moving thier shop so I doubt it will be right away but I will get em.

Thanks

Ken
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you very much, Ken, and thanks to your good AKG rep as well.

I'm sure there are a few others who will want 701 pads as well. I'll wait for a post here to know when you have them. No rush - a few weeks, months, whatever it takes, just glad to know we can get them.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you very much, Ken, and thanks to your good AKG rep as well.

I'm sure there are a few others who will want 701 pads as well. I'll wait for a post here to know when you have them. No rush - a few weeks, months, whatever it takes, just glad to know we can get them.
aglie one

I got the pads in today and put them up on the page. Thanks for the idea to carry them. AKG was much quicker than I thought they would be!

Ken
post #7 of 11
I could use a pair. =T
post #8 of 11
I placed the pads in the

"Headphones / Headphone Mods" section and lost the image of the pads. I will up load the image of the pads later tonight.

But you can order them from there.

Thx

Ken
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm there, Ken! Thanks for getting these, you 'da man.
post #10 of 11
I'm that other Head-Fi'er, and I really love this rewired K701. Now I'm just waiting for my Yamamoto HA-02 amp. Thanks, Gene, for introducing me to Ken's wonderful K701 mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
Ken, congrats on becoming an authorized AKG dealer. ALO gets bigger and better almost every day. I continue to be thrilled with my K701s that you recabled with Jena wire, and at least one other Head-Fi'er has gotten a pair from you as a result of hearing how good mine sounded.
You're probably thinking I must want something from you after that buttering up, eh?

You're correct - I need replacement pads for the K701s, and AKG has been totally unresponsive to my efforts to order a pair. Can you get AKG parts, specifically K701 replacement pads?

Decided to post in the forum rather than send email since I suspect others have the same needs for AKG replacements.
post #11 of 11
I don't suppose you could start carrying replacement pads for 240/271/340s too? The parts number is 2955Z2601, I have been trying to get a pair for over a month now.. plenty of other people seem to be having problems too

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255751
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: ALO Audio Premier Sponsor Forum