Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Stax Sigma Low Bais and Stax Sigma Pros
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stax Sigma Low Bais and Stax Sigma Pros - Page 9

post #121 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post
I need some good 6SN7's for the Egmont I'm going to build.
Use 7N7s. Lower internal capactitances, too.
post #122 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Use 7N7s. Lower internal capactitances, too.
Cool, I hadn't even thought that far. Now I'm going to plug the KGSS in and see if I forgot anything... i.e it will blow up...

Edit: Hmmm nothing blew up but one of the leds on the right side didn't light up...
post #123 of 472
I see a set of low bias Sigmas on Ebay. The price is getting up there but they appear to be a good NOS set. They even have the original packaging and stand that doubles as a resonating chamber to use these as mini speakers.

[/URL]"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Stax-Sigma-Earsp...QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]
post #124 of 472
I too miss the old Stax - did anyone else see their plans for a variable horn loaded Model 8 (I think)!!!!! Jeebers - 4 flaps around the speaker that you could use to make a horn - insane!!!!!
Those beautiful amps and DACs that noone could afford. The SRM T2! The Sigmas! It was really no wonder at all that they went broke LOL.
post #125 of 472
Don't forget the monster speaker amps, the dacs and their crowning achievement, the SR-Ω. Very, very good stuff indeed.
post #126 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post
Don't forget the monster speaker amps, the dacs and their crowning achievement, the SR-Ω. Very, very good stuff indeed.
Stax gear like this..



A fellow norwegian: http://www.hifisentralen.no/forum/in...c,8211.30.html
post #127 of 472
Finally something nice about Norway...

I really like this guy, he even has the same Stax badge as I do. It's a shame he's using a T1W for his O2's...
post #128 of 472
Happy memories.

post #129 of 472
such a hot looking phone

even hotter on your head
post #130 of 472
Thread Starter 
Hey everyone, I am sorry that I was away so long. I had to attend to some personal issues. When I lest, we were on the 5th page of this thread. I am going to go back now and read the stuff I missed. I promise to be more dedicated to our club from now on. Enjoy Scottsmrnyc
post #131 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
I too miss the old Stax - did anyone else see their plans for a variable horn loaded Model 8 (I think)!!!!! Jeebers - 4 flaps around the speaker that you could use to make a horn - insane!!!!!
Those beautiful amps and DACs that noone could afford. The SRM T2! The Sigmas! It was really no wonder at all that they went broke LOL.
Not to mention the speakers.

Vintage pair STAX Model ELS-F81 Electrostatic Speakers - (eBay item 180186871037 end time Dec-09-07 18:32:20 PST)
post #132 of 472
I have my eye on those speakers... I don't think I could call myself a Stax collector if I didn't
post #133 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post
I have my eye on those speakers... I don't think I could call myself a Stax collector if I didn't
The more I read of all the STAX you collect, spritz, the more I feel like scheduling a visit to Iceland!

Maybe after you've secured those speakers...and the speaker amps...and the DACs..LOL...
post #134 of 472
I really want those speakers but the shipping will be murder. I don't really care though but they will need to be rebuilt and partially redesigned. We'll see what the final bid is.

I've been thinking about an electrostatic headphone meet here some time. I still need to finish my collection and get a few sets of different ESL speakers.
post #135 of 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post
I've been thinking about an electrostatic headphone meet here some time. I still need to finish my collection and get a few sets of different ESL speakers.
That would be just awesome!
You can count on me...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Stax Sigma Low Bais and Stax Sigma Pros