Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm a total whack job. Are you? Last post on 8/29/11 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What would be a worthwhile upgrade from the HD555? Last post on 11/28/11 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Beyerdynamic DT880 = Wow! - Page 15post #211 of 2376/7/09 at 2:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 2376/7/09 at 4:04ampost #213 of 2376/7/09 at 10:43amOwned the 03 DT880 and 05 DT990. Also extensively listened to the 05 DT880 and an 03 DT990, there is no doubt that for me the 03 DT880 is the best sounding of the four. Plus the 03 DT880 is better sounding than the Senn HD580/600/650.post #214 of 2376/7/09 at 11:33ampost #215 of 23710/12/09 at 10:47ampost #216 of 23710/12/09 at 12:42pmpost #217 of 23710/12/09 at 1:14pmI always thought mids on the DT880's were very good.
The '03 DT880/250's were a bit tipped up on the high end, which some people like, while others (including me) perceive as too bright. This may cause some (not me) to believe the mids are recessed in comparison.
The '05 DT880/250's are more balanced up top, so the mids are more up front. The latest DT880/600's are even better overall, imo, but require significantly more power to drive them sufficiently.post #218 of 2377/27/11 at 9:45am
I'm loving my new DT880 cans. I just got them today and they are the best sounding headphones I've owned. Granted I haven't had any other "upper" end cans (I own and use the Sennheiser HD595 and the Audio Technica ATH AD 700; I like them both but the Beyers smoke them and that is before breaking in, :). Plus they pair really nicely with my audio-gd fun dac/amp. I'm a happy camper.post #219 of 2379/15/11 at 7:05ampost #220 of 23711/9/11 at 12:07pm
Yea I just got mine today, I sold my AKG 702 to get the DT 880 Pro 250, Got a good deal on it too. Paid $185 dollars. I wish I got these the first time around instead of the AKG 702. But the AKGs detecthable cable pulled me as well at the time I didnt see this deal on a DT880 pro 250.post #221 of 23712/1/11 at 12:34pm
I had the DT880 Pro (250 ohm) and recently updated to the DT880 600 ohm and let me say the difference has been very noticeable. With 600 ohm's you can really drive the headphones to their full potential. With lossless files, this creates the experience of being completely immersed in the experience.
The DT880 (250 ohm and 600 ohm) are definitely not recessed in the mids, either! Vocals are incredibly realistic, especially female vocals. The only reason I could possibly imagine that one might think the mids are recessed is because certain recordings can sound a little bright at higher frequencies which might make the mids seem a little recessed. Overall, they create for a very visceral listening experience.post #222 of 2375/2/12 at 10:21amI've tried all the headphones around the $300 price tag available through Apple Store and couldn't find anything acceptable to my ear (bought them and later returned them. bose, skullcandy, klipsch, Bowers & Wilkins)
things changed when I took home a pair of DT880Pro from B&H last week.
..............the sound from DT 880 Pro just blew all the other bs away
For $260 tax included, it doesnt get any better. They are well built, very comfortable, and the sound quality is simply amazing. I listen to mostly classical and also some pop music, and these are used for traveling. (iPhone 4s without an amp!)
I was so thrilled with this thing I made this photograph
Kopfhörer by hbei, on Flickr
Edited by hbueain - 5/2/12 at 10:23ampost #223 of 23712/5/12 at 6:03ampost #224 of 23712/23/12 at 1:16ampost #225 of 23712/27/12 at 4:30am
Brainstorming DT 880
- Does 600 ohm version justify the price ($100 ) increase over the 250 ohm ? (As of Dec 26 2012)
- 250 ohm Premium vs Pro in terms of comfort listening long hours and SQ
Espressing my thoughts....(Listen to Rock and Metal and seldom other genres)
- option 1 (Greedy) :
Beyer DT 880 250 ohm $250
Grado SR80i $100 (since I see it most recommended for my taste )
Amp $150 (Inclining towards O2 , Fiio E17)
- option 2 (Sensible):
Beyer DT 880 600 Ohm $350
Amp $150 ( what to buy to do justice to the 600 ohm, suggestions greatly appreciated)
- option 3 (Adenturous):
Beyer DT 880 250 ohm $250
Amp $250 (never in my wildest dreams thought buying an amp this expensive until I got hooked to Head-Fi :))
Can't wait to read your opinions. And are there more options for the budget ...:)
Currently own Etymotic HF3 IEMs and Senn HD428.
p.s. Budget of $500 for headphones + Amp
- Beyerdynamic DT880 = Wow!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 18 seconds ago
- › Streaming service vs downloading? 21 seconds ago
- › Bluesound Node 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 42 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › k1000 owners club 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2