Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? - Page 200

post #2986 of 3168
Where can I find a beta22 builder? Need a 2.0 ch with metal chassis. Ready to use. Budget $500 or less. Can anybody help?
post #2987 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy View Post

Where can I find a beta22 builder? Need a 2.0 ch with metal chassis. Ready to use. Budget $500 or less. Can anybody help?

 

I can help by telling you to stop dreaming. Those are *ridiculous* expectations.

post #2988 of 3168
How is it ridiculous? All parts with a chassis cost barely $350. What is the minimum amount of service charge? How much? Isn't $150 okay for a couple of hours?
post #2989 of 3168

AppleMark

post #2990 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy View Post

How is it ridiculous? All parts with a chassis cost barely $350. What is the minimum amount of service charge? How much? Isn't $150 okay for a couple of hours?

a couple of hours?

first: to populate the boards, is a hard work.

second: calibrate the boars

third:hole the chassis, wiring, etc.

fourth: 350 dollars waht components?

the beta deserve good quality

post #2991 of 3168

putting together a BOM and ordering parts is more than 2hrs, much less building the amp.

post #2992 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy View Post

How is it ridiculous? All parts with a chassis cost barely $350. What is the minimum amount of service charge? How much? Isn't $150 okay for a couple of hours?

 

If you are happy with a B22 thrown together in a couple of hours, go right ahead.

 

Hint: you shouldn't be happy with that.

post #2993 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy View Post

 

If you are happy with a B22 thrown together in a couple of hours, go right ahead.

 

Hint: you shouldn't be happy with that.

 

Is it even possible to assemble an entire B22 in a few hours? Fastest I've heard is 5. That builder (that is able to assemble in 2 hours), whoever they are, is Dr. Octo. 

post #2994 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

Is it even possible to assemble an entire B22 in a few hours? Fastest I've heard is 5. That builder (that is able to assemble in 2 hours), whoever they are, is Dr. Octo. 

 

no way.  sure, stuffing a single O22 and 2x B22 boards in 5hrs, but not chassis work, wiring, biasing and testing.  stuffing boards is the easy part.

post #2995 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishski13 View Post

 

no way.  sure, stuffing a single O22 and 2x B22 boards in 5hrs, but not chassis work, wiring, biasing and testing.  stuffing boards is the easy part.

 

Yea, I don't think that was taking into account casework - I mean I've been working on my case for 2 weeks... lol.

post #2996 of 3168

anyone still building their own b22? or looking to build b22?

post #2997 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

Yea, I don't think that was taking into account casework - I mean I've been working on my case for 2 weeks... lol.

2 weeks? I've been planning my case work (drilling, board orientation and measurements) in my b22 enclosures for almost a year lol. Need to buy a drill press.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post

anyone still building their own b22? or looking to build b22?

Wow, lurking since 2011 with the first post to see who is still building a b22. Welcome to the boards, friend.

post #2998 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

2 weeks? I've been planning my case work (drilling, board orientation and measurements) in my b22 enclosures for almost a year lol. Need to buy a drill press.

Wow, lurking since 2011 with the first post to see who is still building a b22. Welcome to the boards, friend.

A good drill press does make the job a lot swifter and easier. biggrin.gif

The planning didn't take to long. The troubleshooting has taken the longest. mad.gif
post #2999 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post


A good drill press does make the job a lot swifter and easier. biggrin.gif

The planning didn't take to long. The troubleshooting has taken the longest. mad.gif

Indeed, it is even if one had a steady hand, a hand drill is no match to the precision from that of a drill press. Wish I had my own CNC and engraving machine too, I've contacted a few local suppliers here to get quotes on engraving and milling work to be done on my b22 enclosures, suffice to say it is not cheap, price is about the same as a single b22 board with BOM parts from Glas Jar Audio at $100 a pop.

 

+1 on troubleshooting, a major headache of any diy process if you run into problems, but you learn a great deal about things once you rectify your mistakes.

post #3000 of 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

2 weeks? I've been planning my case work (drilling, board orientation and measurements) in my b22 enclosures for almost a year lol. Need to buy a drill press.

Wow, lurking since 2011 with the first post to see who is still building a b22. Welcome to the boards, friend.

It's been a long while!! smily_headphones1.gif I actually got my parts for quite some time... But the enclosure is putting me off for a long while... Haha hopefully I'm able to get some ideas here for my enclosure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?