Not a breakdown, but here's an unfinished project of mine with a bunch of disassembled pictures:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax headphones Last post on 6/22/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones are these? Need experts on AKG. Last post on 1/26/11 at 4:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why Doesn't AKG Have a Top of the Line Headphone? Last post on 10/7/10 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss UR55 Question about ear pads Last post on 10/4/16 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 240s and 240MKII Last post on 8/23/10 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? - Page 78post #1156 of 116712/5/16 at 2:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 11671/6/17 at 11:20am
Regarding replacing headband elastics, the exact replacement is available from Full Compass Systems, Ltd. The part number is 2040MO3030. It's called "Rubber Loop for K240." You have to use a Very thin blade knife or razor blade & remove the silver logo plates This must be done very slowly so as to not bend them. There is a screw in the center. If it is frozen, use a very tiny amount of penetrating oil. Be sure you use a screwdriver with a good bite! Once the piece is removed, you will see how to proceed. I take photos at this point in case my memory fails me. It isn't rocket science but it does take good fingers (no arthritis!), a little cussin', & a couple of prayers to get it done. They do make a world of difference in sound. You need a good fit in order to get good sound. You can verify this by just pressing the cups against your ears. A good seal is important. I go with the cheap ear pads. I like velour's & the thick block pleather's. People sling "name brand" stuff around as recommended replacement pads. They are all made in China (rebadged) and until someone can divulge what American factory produces them, I'll stick to that statement. As much as I hate buying Chinese anythings, I'd rather wait the 4 weeks to get them instead of paying a premium+ price for a name brand.
An alternative is to loosen the headband buttons a little, and slide the headband down to where it fits; then retighten the screws.
Hope this helps.
Edited by mid-range - 1/6/17 at 11:24ampost #1158 of 11671/6/17 at 11:32amQuote:
"Sextett" is German for "6". It refers to the six passive radiators that can be seen through the grill.post #1159 of 11671/6/17 at 11:38amQuote:
Orange is early production; orange spacers behind white is mid-production; white is late production.post #1160 of 11671/6/17 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep
Decided to try out the hair band elastics mod... Also there is some radiator porn.
Jeez I still can't believe I paid 45$.
Just paid $185.00 for an early production model from Germany. Feel better now? I recently sold a pair for $185.00 on Ebay, then found myself scrambling to get that sound back. I bought a pair of DT-880's AFTER I sold the Sextetts. I should have waited. The DT-880's are a great sounding set of headphones but the mid-range wasn't quite as clear as the Sextetts. Nothing wrong with the DT-880 mid-range. It's just a little more colored than the Sextetts.post #1161 of 11671/6/17 at 3:27pmpost #1162 of 11671/6/17 at 4:27pmpost #1163 of 11671/23/17 at 11:29ampost #1164 of 11671/23/17 at 11:59am
I guess you may check the full setup of K141. To some extent, the capsules talk, whereas the overall sound design also depends on the other acoustic parts. I won't try to replace the capsules of my K141 with those on K240/240m just for experiments, for they are like new and come with good-looking package.
Hint: the official documents of AKG will tell you which models do share specific parts with each other.post #1165 of 11671/23/17 at 1:35pmNew in box from Germany. Elastics were excellent too. Personally I don't get too hung up on price if the equipment is in excellent plus condition. They ain't makin' them anymore and I want that particular sound.post #1166 of 11671/23/17 at 3:46pm
I don't agree with you because I tend to use them regardless the aesthetic design.
Yes, they're great, but not yet a piece of art.
I love the design, the pattern, and also the sound signature of them, so I'm now collecting them.
But doesn't mean I'll have to buy them when they double the price.
Sorry that I'm more business aligned.
I'm not a good audiophile.
- AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread just now
- › ,91=7073085665=//= caster problem solution baba ji germany 7 seconds ago
- › ,91=7073085665=//= voodoo doll specialist baba ji MUMBAI 33 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 53 seconds ago
- › ,91=7073085665=//= black magic specialist baba ji OMAN 1 minute ago
- › ,91=7073085665=//= remove black magic specialist baba ji KOLKATA 1 minute ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 1 minute ago
- › ,91=7073085665=//= love marriage problem solution baba ji PUNJAB 2 minutes ago
- › ,91=7073085665=//= relationship problem solution baba ji DUBAI 2 minutes ago
- › ,91=7073085665=//= divorce problem solution baba ji LONDON 3 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear