Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? - Page 75

post #1111 of 1120

So regular k240 also had 6 passive radiators?

post #1112 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by truly194 View Post
 

So regular k240 also had 6 passive radiators?


The current production studio has no passive drivers and has completely different drivers alltogether. The nice thing about the current production studio is that it can be driven without a dedicated amplifier without a problem. The newer studios are now made in China I believe. All the other K240 versions have 600ohm drivers including the sextetts. My favorite K240 is probably the diffused field version. I really love the 600ohm monitor but it is a tad too dark for my taste.

post #1113 of 1120

No, i'm asking about old production k240 - mine are sextett or they are not?

 

I have not bad OTL amp which should work well with 600 ohms, but the plug is break in my k240 so they need rejacking. 

 

I'm little confused because i was always thinking that i have sextetts, but people are selling k240 looks exactly like mine and call them "k240" without any information about that they are sextetts.

post #1114 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by truly194 View Post
 

No, i'm asking about old production k240 - mine are sextett or they are not?

 

I have not bad OTL amp which should work well with 600 ohms, but the plug is break in my k240 so they need rejacking. 

 

I'm little confused because i was always thinking that i have sextetts, but people are selling k240 looks exactly like mine and call them "k240" without any information about that they are sextetts.


Yeah, I think any K240 with the silver rim and branding are sextetts. The gold version are monitors with just two drivers. The sextetts don't say sextetts on them, it is more of a nickname because AKG abandoned the passive drivers and kept the same model number.

post #1115 of 1120

Unless you have a monitor with sextett drivers and a sextett with monitor drivers.

post #1116 of 1120

Can i past link to k240 deals which made me confused?

post #1117 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
 

Monitor drivers were used as replacements for sextetts coming in for servicing. No way to know but by disassembly.

 

I can't see how disambling can lead to a definite conclusion. Where to look for if disambled?

And how big is the chance for having a Sextett  with monitor drivers?

post #1118 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiemen View Post
 

 

I can't see how disambling can lead to a definite conclusion. Where to look for if disambled?

And how big is the chance for having a Sextett  with monitor drivers?


The only chance is buying a pair from an owner who was bored enough to modify them like that

post #1119 of 1120

Monitor drivers were used as valid replacements for the sextett. You get one if a previous owner sent theirs in for servicing after sextett drivers were off the shelves. Given this situation, if you can't see the driver, you don't know which headphone you have.

post #1120 of 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
 

Monitor drivers were used as valid replacements for the sextett. You get one if a previous owner sent theirs in for servicing after sextett drivers were off the shelves. Given this situation, if you can't see the driver, you don't know which headphone you have.

 

As in removing the screen?

BTW: what is your source for knowing this?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG?