Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Meier Corda Move details released
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meier Corda Move details released - Page 77

post #1141 of 1165
Zorander,
yes the casing seems to get scratches easily. I have been carrying it around for a couple of weeks, and it alreday has a few scuffs here and there.
I mean to keep this baby for a LONG time.. so I don't mind the scratches.
post #1142 of 1165
For the first time I used the Move out of a laptop/Audigy 2ZS soundcard to watch a movie. This is something you want to experience if you own a Move.
post #1143 of 1165
Hi, guys. How does the MOVE work with Senns HD 595 ? Is there ´a synergy´?
Thanks
post #1144 of 1165
I know this is a dead horse that has been beaten many times...

but I need a part number for a power supply. Ideally something that I can buy online. Radio Shack sold me a nonregulated power supply, which makes me very unhappy.

Thanks!
post #1145 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
I know this is a dead horse that has been beaten many times...

but I need a part number for a power supply. Ideally something that I can buy online. Radio Shack sold me a nonregulated power supply, which makes me very unhappy.

Thanks!
RadioShack 12 V regulated DC adapter: $25
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2191852&cp
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2062430&cp
post #1146 of 1165
That's what I was sold... but it doesn't say regulated anywhere on it?
post #1147 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
That's what I was sold... but it doesn't say regulated anywhere on it?
I would have sworn that used to be regulated... I'm lost like you I suppose. I downed all my cash into two 9.6v powerex batteries and just switch between those. You shouldn't be able to hear much quality change above 10v.
post #1148 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
I know this is a dead horse that has been beaten many times...

but I need a part number for a power supply. Ideally something that I can buy online. Radio Shack sold me a nonregulated power supply, which makes me very unhappy.

Thanks!
Here's the one I bought for my Move, from RadioShack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
It is regulated and filtered, and works wonderfully. My Move uses a type B adaptaplug, which came free with my purchase.
post #1149 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn3 View Post
fyi -- i found regulated a/c adapter at a local electronics store for $15, including a set of tips. it's made by philmore (part number mw48-1250a). works beautifully.
this is exactly what you need for the power supply.
post #1150 of 1165
To the people who've experienced noise on the USB DAC:

Did anybody try a USB cable with a ferrite choke to see if that eliminates the noise?

I'm not having issues (someone else is getting a whine when their LCD is on) and I wonder if this would fix it. Others have recommended adding an external powered hub with mixed results. Thanks in advance.
post #1151 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsborken View Post
To the people who've experienced noise on the USB DAC:

Did anybody try a USB cable with a ferrite choke to see if that eliminates the noise?

I'm not having issues (someone else is getting a whine when their LCD is on) and I wonder if this would fix it. Others have recommended adding an external powered hub with mixed results. Thanks in advance.
Never notice a difference with either 'plain' USB cable and the 'ferrite ring' variant. Of course I don't suffer from this interference thing in the first place and I chose to keep the ferrite cable anyway just for the sake of it.
post #1152 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorander View Post
Never notice a difference with either 'plain' USB cable and the 'ferrite ring' variant. Of course I don't suffer from this interference thing in the first place and I chose to keep the ferrite cable anyway just for the sake of it.

Yeah, my laptop's USB connections are on the front sides , as far from the LCD circuitry as possible, so it may be that design (and better shielding) that keeps me from having the issue. Thanks for the reply.
post #1153 of 1165

Move and my iAudio X5L

Im still waiting for my move here in the Dominican Republic (13 days so far, and yes im counting) i think this tropical storm thing might be holding things up...
Anyways I'm an iAudio X5L and U3 owner and am dismayed after reading about the X5 lineout performance...
Previously i've been amping the X5 lineout through the U3 line-in to headphone out (is this silly?). I found it provided more clarity than the U3 headphone-out but with a weird bottom end sound (it sounded like the lows were just underpowered) I assumed it was the U3's fault, but now im lead to believe it might just be the X5 line-out...

(the reason I don't just use the X5 headphone-out, which has great sound IMO, is because the jack is messed up and cuts to left or right with a slight touch.)

I don't really want to buy a fancy cable, but should I?
post #1154 of 1165
I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread, but if it hasn't, the Move will no longer be made. A new, upgraded, replacement portable amp will come out in 4 months.
post #1155 of 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ View Post
I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread, but if it hasn't, the Move will no longer be made. A new, upgraded, replacement portable amp will come out in 4 months.
Do I foresee a slew of Moves being put on sale in anticipation to this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Meier Corda Move details released