New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need good portable speakers!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I Hope I post this thread in the right forum... Anyway, I want to buy some good speakers for the beach, room, nature. I wanted to buy something under 100$, but after reading some reviews I realised, that little and cheap speakers almost do not have any BASS. Crap! So now I want to buy speakers under 150$, but I want them to be compact and not very heavy.
(For example, creative travel 400 is little but does not have any bass and loudness. Ipod HI-FI is loud and bassy, but it is BIG and HEAVY)
So, I need a compromise, something balanced.
I like very, very much the Logitech mm50, but... it is for IPod
But I have a SONY HD5
( amI right? Or I can plug my player just via 3.5 to Logitech mm50?)
There are only two speakers for ALL players: Logitech mm32 and Altec Lansing IM 4.
But I think they are to expensive for their perfomance ( am I right?)
So, what are your suggestions? Is there any portable speaker, like Logitech mm50, but not only for Ipod??
post #2 of 13
JBL "On Tour" are universal and compare well with the MM50.
post #3 of 13
I have a pair of JBL On Tours, they are a definite improvement over the speakers built-in to my notebook, but will still likely lack the bass you want.
post #4 of 13
I think the Bose Companion 2 portable speakers are excellent and have pretty good bass.

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion.../dp/B000HZDF8W

edit: I know there are people who think Bose are over priced but IMO, these speakers are worth the $89-$99 price tag. Plus, the build quality is pretty impressive-built like a tank.
post #5 of 13
I have a pair of Bose Roommate II with carrying bag and battery. these run on 12 or 120 volts. This is the best portable sound I've heard. I have two of these systems, PM me if you might be interested in buying one.
post #6 of 13
I'm still using my original Bose Roommates. Paired it with a sony discman.
Still works, the mineral loaded cabinet are solid.
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
I realised that logitech has an audio input!! So I can attach my sony to it! It is cool. I can buy it for 120$, also I can buy logitech audiostation express for 90$. But I think I will buy mm50. How do you think, is it a good choice?
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggy View Post
I Hope I post this thread in the right forum... Anyway, I want to buy some good speakers for the beach, room, nature. I wanted to buy something under 100$, but after reading some reviews I realised, that little and cheap speakers almost do not have any BASS. Crap! So now I want to buy speakers under 150$, but I want them to be compact and not very heavy.
(For example, creative travel 400 is little but does not have any bass and loudness. Ipod HI-FI is loud and bassy, but it is BIG and HEAVY)
So, I need a compromise, something balanced.
I like very, very much the Logitech mm50, but... it is for IPod
But I have a SONY HD5
( amI right? Or I can plug my player just via 3.5 to Logitech mm50?)
There are only two speakers for ALL players: Logitech mm32 and Altec Lansing IM 4.
But I think they are to expensive for their perfomance ( am I right?)
So, what are your suggestions? Is there any portable speaker, like Logitech mm50, but not only for Ipod??
Polk RT25i would be a good choice. You can get them off that auction place or Craigslist for $100 or less. Pretty small 11-1/8" H x 6-5/8" W x 10-3/8" D, but a good sound.

Many times the person listing the speakers does not know what model they are listening. Check the dimensions and then check here for the model.
Polk Older Speakers
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardin View Post
Polk RT25i would be a good choice. You can get them off that auction place or Craigslist for $100 or less. Pretty small 11-1/8" H x 6-5/8" W x 10-3/8" D, but a good sound.

Many times the person listing the speakers does not know what model they are listening. Check the dimensions and then check here for the model.
Polk Older Speakers
I'm afraid I can't buy them in my country.
Can buy Logitech audiostation express, mm50, mm32, mm22, all sorts of Alrec Lansing
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggy View Post
I'm afraid I can't buy them in my country.
Can buy Logitech audiostation express, mm50, mm32, mm22, all sorts of Alrec Lansing
What Country are you talking about?
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat28037 View Post
What Country are you talking about?
Ukraine...
post #12 of 13
The MM50 isn't all that good in the Bass department, though for the size it isn't bad.
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by islewind View Post
The MM50 isn't all that good in the Bass department, though for the size it isn't bad.
For me, it is a choice between MM50 and Audiostation Express... What should I buy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: