Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Made my own 10+ kg brilliant pebble! Mass damping to the extreme!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Made my own 10+ kg brilliant pebble! Mass damping to the extreme! - Page 9

post #121 of 202
oh. my. god. what is this?

and why is all of your audio equipment covered with, paper and packing tape? whats under all that?
post #122 of 202
I couldn't find it anywhere so I thought I'd post it.



Edit: I am sure most of you have seen it before, but I thought this thread couldn't do without.

Your big pebble does look better though Patrick!
post #123 of 202
Thread Starter 

ERS Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
oh. my. god. what is this?

and why is all of your audio equipment covered with, paper and packing tape? whats under all that?
I use ERS Paper to keep the RFI/EMI away from my equipment. I have most of that paper inside the chassis where it made the biggest improvements because of internal EMI from the components themselves. I had some extra paper left over so I put it outside too.

But maybe there isn't anything under that paper and I'm just imagining great sound. If someone comes and listens to my system he doesn't hear a thing...

1 sheet of ERS Paper makes a bigger difference than 1 bottle of Brilliant Pebbles, it's cheaper too.
When I tested with 2+ sheets of ERS outside the chassis it was difficult to hear the differences. But when I wrapped the power cable the difference was huge.
post #124 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick82 View Post
But maybe there isn't anything under that paper and I'm just imagining great sound. If someone comes and listens to my system he doesn't hear a thing...
You are listening to the greatest sounds of all. True silence.
post #125 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOYiN View Post
I couldn't find it anywhere so I thought I'd post it.




Your big pebble does look better though Patrick!
Brillant; And it's "Faith Based" too...

Although ugly, It's Superior promise of devine intervention, cannot be dismissed by those same old voices of the atheist, who simply have no belief in anything!

I believe I would suggest A/B DBT if it weren't disuaded by the higher powers here and above
post #126 of 202
You know I just now noticed that you have some holes in your ERS paper. Is that so you can access the power switches between listening sessions? Whatever the reason for them, I think that RFI/EMI is sneaking through those holes and having a negative impact on your sound. I suggest two solutions. Make a little flap sufficient to cover the hole and protect against interference from getting through the holes in your shield or, even better, turn all the power switches on, leave them on, and then wrap your entire system in another layer of paper.

But I would definitely do something if I were you. There's no telling how much RFI/EFI is sneaking in through there.
post #127 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtizzle View Post
You know I just now noticed that you have some holes in your ERS paper. Is that so you can access the power switches between listening sessions? Whatever the reason for them, I think that RFI/EMI is sneaking through those holes and having a negative impact on your sound. I suggest two solutions. Make a little flap sufficient to cover the hole and protect against interference from getting through the holes in your shield or, even better, turn all the power switches on, leave them on, and then wrap your entire system in another layer of paper.

But I would definitely do something if I were you. There's no telling how much RFI/EFI is sneaking in through there.
It takes 2 weeks to warm up my system so I need to keep everything on. In the first 2 days I can't listen to my system because it sounds too bright.

I have a hole for the DAC1 so I can switch between my computer and CD transport.
I have a hole for the amp and P300 Power Plant so I can see the front display.

I have covered the insides at the position of the holes so there shouldn't be a problem. The holes aren't facing the radio towers anyway. But the waves might reflect from my body, I need to get ERS Paper clothing.
post #128 of 202
I just searched and I cannot fathom that there have not yet been even one forum mention anywhere of teacup resonators. I would have bet that they'd have already been discussed, if not in this thread, then at least somewhere.
post #129 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick82 View Post
I need to get ERS Paper clothing.

Uh Oh.. see what you've started. I'm sure we will be seeing him in ERS underwear on his myspace next.
post #130 of 202
Thread Starter 

Books are better?

Brilliant Pebbles didn't give fatigue at first but after 15 minutes I felt fatigue, the bottle is too light! It sounded too open and bright. Then I put the books back and the fatigue was gone, but everything sounded dull.
Now I put all the stones on top of the DAC1 and it sounds weird now, I'm hearing multiple sound signatures, the frequency response sounds messed up. The books sounded more flat and neutral, I'm not hearing any emphasis of frequencies with the books, but it sounds a little boring.

Placing stones on top of the DAC gave a similar sound signature as Solid-tech Feet of Silence, it colors the sound. But when using books it sounded like the neutral Magix, it also sounded like when going from stock power cord to Nordost Vishnu. It just made everything smoother without improving anything else.
post #131 of 202
omg this thread is one thing:

amusing.
post #132 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephas View Post
It would also become a much more boring place and I wouldn't like it as much.
Hear hear. Sometimes a dose of fun is good for the hobby.
post #133 of 202
I don't want to sound rude.

But does anyone else find ERS the equivalent of a tin foil hat?
post #134 of 202
post #135 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnGnome View Post
I don't want to sound rude.

But does anyone else find ERS the equivalent of a tin foil hat?
Sssshhhhh, they can read your mind if you're not wearing it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Made my own 10+ kg brilliant pebble! Mass damping to the extreme!