Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › iBasso T2 - 10 minute review.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso T2 - 10 minute review. - Page 3

post #31 of 110
I just got mine this afternoon as well as a package with three other portable amps to listen too over the next week or so.

My first impression of the T2 is that it has the Skylab WOW factor even if it is so small....and for such a small price and it is not even broken in yet. My first impressions of the T2, GoVibe 6, my AE-1 and AE-2 will have to wait till I get my T1 tomorrow from work where I left it today. But the T2 in a first impression is good and in good company.

BTW, mine is black also.

Out of the box it is giving my UE9s the lowest notes of Also Saprach Zarathustra and this is without bass boost, where a couple of the others failed to do this.
post #32 of 110
I was out and about with my T2 for a couple hours this evening, using my 5G iPod as the source and driving my Ultrasone PROline 650s.

While it is too early to make critical comparisons (iBasso recommends 100 hours of burn-in), let's just say that I wasn't missing my Go-Vibe V5S (AD8620/8610 + 22v battery pack) at all!
post #33 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexdexter View Post
I was out and about with my T2 for a couple hours this evening, using my 5G iPod as the source and driving my Ultrasone PROline 650s.

While it is too early to make critical comparisons (iBasso recommends 100 hours of burn-in), let's just say that I wasn't missing my Go-Vibe V5S (AD8620/8610 + 22v battery pack) at all!
22 volts must do wonders for it...cause the Govibe 6 that I was listening too was falling behind the "out of the box" sound of the T2 for me.

At the end of the day I guess this will show that we all have our sound preferences.
post #34 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by slwiser View Post
22 volts must do wonders for it...cause the Govibe 6 that I was listening too was falling behind the "out of the box" sound of the T2 for me.
The additional voltage with the battery pack, just like the Elpac PSU, turns my Go-Vibe into quite a different animal. So, don't get me wrong, I still love my Go-Vibe. It's just that I couldn't find anything lacking with the T2, which is definitely a good sign for the iBasso, even at this early stage.
post #35 of 110
Do the side switches help change the sound much

I am thinking of getting er6/i and hd555/ad700 and i was wondering if the amp would be suitable for both portable and desktop use?

Also I listen to a lot of classical and getting into female vocals... would this amp be adequete for those or might it be a bad decision because guitar overpowered in some cases
post #36 of 110
Nice read!
post #37 of 110
Thread Starter 
I believe it should do well for you MusicallySilent. Keep in mind that I wrote this review using ew9 which is not a neutral headphone even remotely. With more neutral, comfortable headphones it should help with musicality and bass impact without taking away from the sound signature of the headphone. It is a very capable amplifier for its size and price.
post #38 of 110
so if you had a choice of the wait game for xin's supermicro IV or buy one of the Ibasso T2's; which one would you buy? I know the supermicro is more expensive and overall smaller ( maybe not thinner ), but can it drive phones better and is the sound superior to the ibasso.
post #39 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicallySilent View Post
Do the side switches help change the sound much?
I think the that the Bass-Boost switch is very well implemented and very useful in some cases. It is non-intrusive and subtle, yet effective, and does not adversely affect the tonal balance or other frequency ranges.

The WSS (short for wide-soundstage) switch, however, seems rather odd. I gather that it is some kind of crossfeed application, but so far I haven't found an instance where I preferred it to the default (OFF) setting, even with hard-panned old Beatles recordings. OTOH, I'd hardly say this is a deal-breaker by any means, just an unnecessary additional switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicallySilent View Post
I am thinking of getting er6/i and hd555/ad700 and i was wondering if the amp would be suitable for both portable and desktop use?
I think the biggest hazard of the T2 is that it's so small, that it could easily tend to get lost in the everyday clutter of one's desktop, or even neglected in one's pocket and get run through the laundry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicallySilent View Post
Also I listen to a lot of classical and getting into female vocals... would this amp be adequete for those or might it be a bad decision because guitar overpowered in some cases
Thus far, female vocals through the T2 sound organic and entirely natural. Haven't tried classical yet.
post #40 of 110
hi guys, when i connect t2 to my 5g ipod (using lineout), there is some imbalance, ie the left side of my iem is softer than the right side, when the volume is set a low level. any idea why is it so and how to solve this problem? thanks
post #41 of 110
A few photos of the new arrival:



















post #42 of 110
Nice images. From the reading it looks like the amps should provide quite a bit of enjoyable listening with an appearance to match.
post #43 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by max111 View Post
hi guys, when i connect t2 to my 5g ipod (using lineout), there is some imbalance, ie the left side of my iem is softer than the right side, when the volume is set a low level. any idea why is it so and how to solve this problem? thanks
Sometimes this can occur when the volume is low...

It occurs on the PA2V2 along with my altec lansing in line volume control when you have it really low sometiems the audio signal gets messed up and not perfect ballance.
post #44 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexdexter View Post
A few photos of the new arrival:
Groovy!!

The drawstring bag was not included in my "ALO T2 SE".
post #45 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by max111 View Post
hi guys, when i connect t2 to my 5g ipod (using lineout), there is some imbalance, ie the left side of my iem is softer than the right side, when the volume is set a low level. any idea why is it so and how to solve this problem? thanks
I have heard that the low gain setting on these is not that low. Which IEMs are you using, and has anyone else used these with IEMs? UM2s especially?

-Hanzo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › iBasso T2 - 10 minute review.