Nice job. I like the green goblin heat shrink :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/19/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/19/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help! What is the single most durable iPhone-ready canalphone/microphone combo out there? Last post on 9/23/10 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER6i and Head Direct RE2 Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER6 Last post on 8/22/11 at 7:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Etymotic ER6/ER6i owners Last post on 10/30/13 at 8:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need to replace ER-6/ER-6i Ety earphones. Narrowed to: Shure SE215, Klipsch S4, Ety MC-5 or... Last post on 5/5/11 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Rewiring an ER-6i just aint that hard, folks. Pics enclosed. - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks bro From nao on it shall be reffered to as "The ER-6i <<Green Goblin>> MOD"
Just wanted to add my experience with a more quick and dirty rewire based on the info here.
My right channel had gone out. Having gotten 5 years of use out of my ER-6i's I was planning to just buy a new pair of headphones -- but being a fix-it kind of guy, looked up the possibility of repairing them myself, and found this thread.
I cut the original right channel cable shorter a bit shorter and re-soldered it to the contacts. I had sound at first, but noticed that once back in the casing it went out. A little playing around and I found that the sound worked when that flexible PCB was at certain angles, but not others. Eventually it no longer even did that, and I realized it was probably a crack in the flexible PCB as the original poster had problems with as well. I tested this by touching the two wires to the contacts that are higher up on the PCB (the non-flexible part under the clear plastic) while music was playing through the headphones (volume turned up). I got sound, so I knew it was the PCB. I had to melt away a bit of the clear plastic to get better access, as another user mentioned as well, then quickly soldered the wires onto each contact. Bang, working right channel again.
Also, instead of ordering and using new heat shrink tubing, I simply put the old one back on (I was able to get it off without cutting all the way through when I removed it) and wrapped some clear Scotch tape tightly around it to secure it. Again, quick and dirty -- but it works.
This probably isn't as durable as what the original poster did, and I know I'll have to be gentle with them if I don't want to have to repeat the process. Although honestly, now that I know how easy it is, that wouldn't be such a big deal.
Also, I took the filters out and the headphones are definitely louder without them. Not that I needed them to be louder, but now I can play music at a lower volume on my mp3 player to save battery.
Best of luck to any others looking to do their own repairs.
- Rewiring an ER-6i just aint that hard, folks. Pics enclosed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 25 seconds ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 42 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 47 seconds ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Can anyone recommend me a custom cable for my k10? 2 minutes ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm 4 minutes ago
- › Best desktop speakers that have XLR ins? 4 minutes ago
- › Budget Dac/amp discussion fiio e10k,nuforce udac 3, centrance... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2