or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Stello DA100 (show-off/impressions thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stello DA100 (show-off/impressions thread) - Page 13

post #181 of 496
Looks like aside from adding I2S, they've updated the post-DAC filtering a la the DA220mkII.
post #182 of 496
Looks interesting, wonder if it's replacing the DA100 or being sold alongside.
post #183 of 496
If the DA100 signature is supposed to vent out of the top (like the DA100), this looks like a bad way to stack these two:

post #184 of 496
Would be interested to know more about the new CDT - where I can find more information ?

F. Lo
post #185 of 496
Just completed my setup:

HP DV2000 (Foobar, Kerner Streaming, toslink) > DA100 > HP100 > HD650 (all linked by AudioPlus interconnects and optical cable)

Really heard so much improvements and the bass is awesome. Got the HP100 for $357 (second hand) and D100 for $568 (new) here in Seoul.

I almost sell my MS2i, the DA100 saved my grado can.

back to music......
post #186 of 496
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basman View Post
Just completed my setup:

HP DV2000 (Foobar, Kerner Streaming, toslink) > DA100 > HP100 > HD650 (all linked by AudioPlus interconnects and optical cable)

Really heard so much improvements and the bass is awesome. Got the HP100 for $357 (second hand) and D100 for $568 (new) here in Seoul.

I almost sell my MS2i, the DA100 saved my grado can.

back to music......
Hm...well DA100 definitely has good tonal balance for use with current Grado models - adds nice attack in the lows =] Which DA100 do you have? Technically you are still missing out quite a bit strictly because HD650 is not balanced, and the sig is going to tailor the sourcework for that...

And DA100 sounds majestic with HD650 =]

So ya, even the OP after having sold DA100 (due to lack of balanced operation), is interested in getting one again...this thing is so crisp and delicious without being bright ...
post #187 of 496
I still love my Stello DA220 MkII.

It's good to see that April Music is passing on the improvements made in the DA220 MkII to its smaller sibling and adding extra goodies at the same time (I2S).
post #188 of 496
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkless View Post
I still love my Stello DA220 MkII.

It's good to see that April Music is passing on the improvements made in the DA220 MkII to its smaller sibling and adding extra goodies at the same time (I2S).
Aggreed...I would have had one if I would not have bought DA100 right before IronDreamer put his 220 up... but with smaller size DA100sig is also more attractive for space-minded setups =]
post #189 of 496
Hello

The Da100sig does have a gold plated pc board as well as bal outs and i2s as well as a new filter. The unit does sound better the the older one although the old one does kick ass. There are some things they might change or not depending on how much money it turn's out to be.

The transport is really built very well and will also be upgraded as well depending on how much. When i say how much i mean that they will try and do these things without increasing the price. And if the price does go up it will only be a little for the versatility that you will get.

I know anyone who upgrades or just buys one out right will not be let down.

Oh yeah the i2s sounds the best.

When i know more i will let you know.

Krusty
post #190 of 496
Is the DA100 Signature shipping now ? And where can I find more information about the new CD Transport ?

I can considering getting another CD Transport, and would prefer something more compact. The Stello offering with I2S output is something I would love, although I am also considering a TentLabs DIY CD Player

F. Lo
post #191 of 496
Wondering if USB is still converted to SPDIF or they do I2S like Pico?
post #192 of 496
I'm on the verge of buying the DA100 but not sure what to do with the DA100sig coming out soon. I'll only be using computer as source so no need for I2S, and I haven't decided if it's worth spending so much money to try balanced (I'd need new amp and recabled phones too.). I'm just worried they changed enough components to make it sound better, or as Andrew_WOT asks, if they use USB -> I2S. I don't think I can wait any longer anyway though :-p
post #193 of 496
Stereophile reported[1] that

Quote:
Products are shipped from Chicago, and are supported by April Music reps in Seattle and Lexington, KY.
Can anyone confirm this? It would be a nice saving off the $85 shipping from Korea and make the DA100sig effectively cheaper than it may seem compared to the DA100.

[1] Stereophile: CES 2008 Show Report
post #194 of 496
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radical_tyro View Post
I'm on the verge of buying the DA100 but not sure what to do with the DA100sig coming out soon. I'll only be using computer as source so no need for I2S, and I haven't decided if it's worth spending so much money to try balanced (I'd need new amp and recabled phones too.). I'm just worried they changed enough components to make it sound better, or as Andrew_WOT asks, if they use USB -> I2S. I don't think I can wait any longer anyway though :-p
While it may not be worth it right now, you might be kicking yourself for not spending a little extra to settle yourself with a source that is capable of SE & Balanced operation. =]

And yes, if they now do this inside USA, that would be excellent.
post #195 of 496
Additionally to I2S it also got AES/EBU input and lost second optical.
Not sure about balanced though, where this info came from?
Projected price is $895, btw.
http://www.aprilmusic.co.kr/freeboar...=4806&gopage=1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Stello DA100 (show-off/impressions thread)