or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Stello DA100 (show-off/impressions thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stello DA100 (show-off/impressions thread) - Page 10

post #136 of 496
we went to the zoo, ate at mcd, had ice cream and now we're listening to the Stello 220mkII trough the usb and it sounds great.
post #137 of 496
Thread Starter 
Hahaha what a family. Welcome to our Stello world.

Where are the pics!
post #138 of 496
my ftp-server is down for now
post #139 of 496
Reporting on the Stello DA100:
Just got it yesterday...
it is indeed a very nice source.
using the USB input, it works nice.

About the sound:
The sound has opened up, the soundstage has widen, bass got more weight, the instruments have more air between each other and overall I can say it is a very musical source.

The first thing that stroke me was the drums, so dynamic and real with unbelievable impact !
I also find it more detailed, but some of the details are related to the ability of this source to extract layers of music/instruments better, in that way, congested parts are now more clear and distinct.
These are the main things I noticed.

On the bad part, I fell the source is a bit harsh, I hope it is something which will pass with the break-in period.

I did a comparison between the USB->DA100 and SB3->Coax->DA100
I am happy to say that I wasn't able to notice any difference and if there was any, it was so little that it's not even worth writing about.
Thus, the SB3 will get out of my system very soon

Using this device straight out of Foobar 2000 is a real treat to me.

Pics will follow soon
post #140 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow View Post
I did a comparison between the USB->DA100 and SB3->Coax->DA100
I am happy to say that I wasn't able to notice any difference and if there was any, it was so little that it's not even worth writing about.
That was pretty much my findings as well comparing USB with optical out from Transit.
post #141 of 496
Same here, when I got my DA100 I compared USB > DA100 with USB > Trends Audio UD-10 > coax > DA100 and the difference was so small that it could have been my imagination. However, that is probably more a compliment to the UD10 .
post #142 of 496
somebody said something about the usb being only 1.1, but for music it does not matter. My 220 sound sweet
dd
post #143 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
That was pretty much my findings as well comparing USB with optical out from Transit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
Same here, when I got my DA100 I compared USB > DA100 with USB > Trends Audio UD-10 > coax > DA100 and the difference was so small that it could have been my imagination. However, that is probably more a compliment to the UD10 .
Nice to see I am not the only one.

How were you guys playing with the USB ?
I used the regular and ASIO4All drivers.

I followed some guide here to set the settings for ASIO4ALL.
post #144 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow View Post
I followed some guide here to set the settings for ASIO4ALL.
Same here, but I also checked "Do not map through this device" and selected "Do not use audio features of this device" in windows audio device properties. All sound is dead on the comp as a result, except out of the foobar2000. That should totally eliminate any possible interference from KMixer. Might be an overkill, as honestly I cannot tell that the difference is audible, just for the peace of mind.
post #145 of 496
I'm using ASIO4ALL too and it works pretty good.
post #146 of 496
Yes I compared ASIO4ALL and USB with TOSLINK out from AV710! I am sure SQ is much better with more dynamics, when used with USB!!
post #147 of 496
Mr.Shadow,

congrats m8 ! I see you like it Great buy !
post #148 of 496
I just got my DA100 today and it sounds wonderful. Enough said. Back to the music...
post #149 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ View Post
I just got my DA100 today and it sounds wonderful. Enough said. Back to the music...
Congratulations!

After being away from my rig for seven whole days, I've been listening to Reptile by Clapton, All For You by Diana Krall and Time Out by Brubeck. I actually forgot how good music can sound. Sigh..
post #150 of 496
I'm going to be purchasing a DA100 soon, so I want to know if I should use the optical out from my Juli@ or use the DA100's USB connection instead and sell the Juli@?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Stello DA100 (show-off/impressions thread)