or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!! - Page 32

post #466 of 559
Well there are some that believe that using a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter with the wire it uses, which is not normally very good quality and the fact that there is something else in the signal path, degrades the sound some. How much I don't know but going from a 1/4 to a 1/8, which will stick out about 3/8's of an inch doesn't seem so bad at all and with a 1/4 to a 1/8 there is no wire in the adapter but you do have the extra contact. so. . .

Interesting on the bass line, it is actually getting better when I didn't think it could. This is the first time the bass has the sensation that I can feel like speakers or at times like live music. I am not talking about good quality bass, which the amp has, but actually feeling it, which for me is unusual in headphones.
post #467 of 559
I stand corrected on the 1/4" jack. That's what happens when you don't visit Xin's forum for a few days. It's excellent news! I want a 1/4" jack on mine.
post #468 of 559
I have gone back to my HD650's and the Reference and I am really enjoying the sound but the adapter isn't so great so I think the 1/4 would be a great way to go. I never have a problem with a 1/4 to 1/8 but the other way around is not my preferance.
post #469 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
I have gone back to my HD650's and the Reference and I am really enjoying the sound but the adapter isn't so great so I think the 1/4 would be a great way to go. I never have a problem with a 1/4 to 1/8 but the other way around is not my preferance.
Jamato, I'm confused by your last post. Doesn't your second sentence contradict your first? I would have thought that you were using a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter with your HD 650s and the Reference, which you seem to be saying isn't so great in the first sentence, but then you say you never have a problem with that kind of adapter in the second. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding because of my inexperience with these things.

By the way, I love your photographs.
post #470 of 559
Latest news is that the Reference now will have everything as a standard, both 1/4" and 1/8" input and output.
post #471 of 559
it looks good without the casing that way, however i really don't see the need for 1/4 inputs. either 1/8 or rca but not 1/4.
post #472 of 559
may be an on/off switch would be nice. although xin wants to keep the circuitry as simple as possible.
post #473 of 559
There is an on/off switch at the left.(The small transparent switch at that photo above.)

I also think it should just have a 1/8 switch since it meant to be a portable amp to me.

But having one more 1/4 input is good too.
Plug in a 1/4 to 1/8 converter and you could use two 3.5mm plug IEM or earphone with this amp.
post #474 of 559

I am completely lost

This morning I have sent Xin the following email because I am completely lost.

Quote:
Hello Xin,

3 months ago I decided to order a Supermicro IV but I have changed
that order to Supermini because I mainly use it with my ER4p and liked
the impedance p/s switch.
Later on you developed the Ref. and I read really raving things about it.

Now I am lost :-(

What do you advice me? I am leaning towards the new Ref because I use
it with my ER4p's on the go and at home with my AKG K701's
(portability isn't an issue for me).

If I decide to change my order to the Ref will I be placed last in queue?

Thanks
post #475 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post
Latest news is that the Reference now will have everything as a standard, both 1/4" and 1/8" input and output.
That looks frickin' sweet! Now if he could get a different knob on that sucker...it's sooo long!
post #476 of 559
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc220 View Post
it looks good without the casing that way, however i really don't see the need for 1/4 inputs. either 1/8 or rca but not 1/4.
My thoughts exactly.
post #477 of 559
I ordered a supermicro in early part of May but the Reference, with both the 1/4 and 1/8 plugs, would be very nice for me. I can use the Reference as my home amp and my portable amp.
May have to e-mail Xin to change my order to the Reference soon. How does Xin keep track of all the changes that we are sending his way?
post #478 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsound View Post
Jamato, I'm confused by your last post. Doesn't your second sentence contradict your first? I would have thought that you were using a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter with your HD 650s and the Reference, which you seem to be saying isn't so great in the first sentence, but then you say you never have a problem with that kind of adapter in the second. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding because of my inexperience with these things.

By the way, I love your photographs.
I have a Reference with the 1/8 jack not the 1/4 so I am using a 1/8 to 1/4 and not the other way around.
post #479 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
I have a Reference with the 1/8 jack not the 1/4 so I am using a 1/8 to 1/4 and not the other way around.
Thanks. I was misunderstanding the terminology for the adapters. I guess it doesn't matter now, since Xin is providing both output jacks.
post #480 of 559
just realised from the picture the cap is 22000uf ? also the second cap is put back in ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!!