Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your portable rig part VIII - Page 9  

post #121 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
Yes, Larocco ... PRIImk2 is such a great amp.
I agree, my LaRocco PRII MkII is a fantastic sounding amp!
post #122 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dle4e_2005 View Post
Skylab,that knob on your mk2 is beautiful!
Yeah, the knobs on that amp are fantastic (no pun intended).
post #123 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I have the Headphile Senn V2 cable in BlackMax. It made a HUGE improvement in the HD25's sound, versus the crappy stock cable. The HD25-1 becomes a really awesome headphone with a good re-cable.
Skylab,

How does the HD25 compare with the DJ81s in terms of isloation and overall sound? I had my DJ81s re-cabled dy Drew (Silver Dragon) and I like the overall presentation for classical (iMod (AIFF) --> Wyvern AG16 --> SMIV). As much as I have read on here about HD25 (especially Tao Tao's long treatise) that it's not the best for classical, especially in the mid-range and soundstage.

I've been toying with the HD25s for months now. I really want something that works well on planes. I have some really long flights throughout the Pacific and the DJ81's are so-so in the islotaion department.

Experiences? Thoughts?
post #124 of 1186
/me wants more pics, not talk
post #125 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
I have the Headphile Senn V2 cable in BlackMax. It made a HUGE improvement in the HD25's sound, versus the crappy stock cable. The HD25-1 becomes a really awesome headphone with a good re-cable.
Can you elaborate as to what improved after the recable?

Do you have any experience with A Pure Sound cables? Do they compare to Headphile cables?
post #126 of 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
Can you elaborate as to what improved after the recable?

Do you have any experience with A Pure Sound cables? Do they compare to Headphile cables?
The highs were MUCH smoother, and the overall sound more balanced. I'm sure a good cable from Alex would produce the same result - the issue is the horrid stock cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
Skylab,

How does the HD25 compare with the DJ81s in terms of isloation and overall sound? I had my DJ81s re-cabled dy Drew (Silver Dragon) and I like the overall presentation for classical (iMod (AIFF) --> Wyvern AG16 --> SMIV). As much as I have read on here about HD25 (especially Tao Tao's long treatise) that it's not the best for classical, especially in the mid-range and soundstage.

I've been toying with the HD25s for months now. I really want something that works well on planes. I have some really long flights throughout the Pacific and the DJ81's are so-so in the islotaion department.

Experiences? Thoughts?
So as to not get too much off topic, I will just say that the HD25-1's sound MUCH better, and isolate better, than even my recabled K81DJ's. I have no problem using the HD25-1's on planes - they isolate well enough.
post #127 of 1186
Thanks, skylab. Sorry for the highjack, everyone.
post #128 of 1186
First foray with IEM's + Portable Amp, this stuff sounds and looks pretty good...







post #129 of 1186
post #130 of 1186
Krmathis,

Cheers Credit goes to Head-Fi and all the fine examples posted by members, had good teachers you could say.
post #131 of 1186
Got a Shuffle for jogging:


Unfortunatelly the hiss with UM2s was unbearable, it was noticable at any given tollarable volume. Loved the construction of the unit, but had to return it.


Got myself one of these:


Am loving it so far, 2 gigs, cheaper than the shuffle, sonic stage is just as annoying as itunes to me, I would not tollarate it for my main HDD player but for a flash based dap it does fine.
Has a clip too: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3272/sony2sg9.jpg
Overall am quite happy, the 3 mins charge is quite convinient too.

It is NOT hiss free, but once music is playing, I do not notice the hiss, unlike with the Shuffle. Sound wise, it is quite pleasant.
post #132 of 1186
OmohMujeah nice set up I had a similar one then I moved up to the Hornet.
post #133 of 1186
One thing I never understood was how people can stand silicone cases. In my experience, they are super dust magnets and it really bothered me.

I suppose you can wash them once in a while, but I guess I'm too lazy. Is there such thing as non-dust-attracting silicone?
post #134 of 1186
meh a little dust doesn't hurt.

Man I respect all the setups in this thread and was tempted to post my little ghetto rig but I've since decided to sell my stuff. I got this iBasso to experiment with an amped ipod and stuff but ultimately i've decided I'm just going to get that Kenwood hd30gb9 since I don't like dealing with charging an amp, carrying around ICs, and that sort of thing.
post #135 of 1186
Not a big fan of silicone cases either, but I must say that's one of the nicer looking ones I've seen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of your portable rig part VIII