New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gun-Fi - Page 89

post #1321 of 1606

Here's a 6mmBR I just built.  Savage Target Action, Shilen Select Match 30" Barrel, McRees Precision Stock and a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 Scope.  Best group so far is .219", but still experimenting with various handloads.

 

IMG_3413.JPG

post #1322 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post

Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 Scope. 

 



6.5-20 power?  Cuz that objective looks more than a bit bigger than 20mm.

post #1323 of 1606

6.5-20 power.  50mm objective.

post #1324 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBJackson View Post

Too lazy to drag the long guns out, but here're a few of the handguns. Faves in the group are the USP .40 and S&W 908.


I like the revolver. :)

 

post #1325 of 1606

Boy oh boy!

A local gun club had an open house today, and Savage guns brought along rifles to try out. 

 

I got to try a .223 and had a lot of fun.  That was my first time firing a rifle. 

 

They also had a 338 with a muzzle break (?) on it.

My god!  Anywhere within 15 feet of that thing and it felt like it punched you each time it fired!  Loud as hell too.

 

110ba.png

 

The guys who fired it said it didn't have that much kick because of the muzzle break (suppressor?).  They also said each round was about 3$.  wow

post #1326 of 1606

a muzzle break just redirects the gas to the sides instead of back.  It's not a supressor, it actually makes things louder.

 

 

post #1327 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post

a muzzle break just redirects the gas to the sides instead of back.  It's not a supressor, it actually makes things louder.

 

 



Thank you.  I was not sure.

post #1328 of 1606

A friend just sent me this:

 

 

(Account from a Kansas State Trooper)
 
 I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on US
166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her
driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance
 
The lady took out  the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal
carry permit. I looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her
possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had .45 automatic in her glove box.
 
Something, body language, or the way she said it made me want to ask if
she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in
her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all, she responded once again she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.

I then asked her what was she so afraid of?
She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a darn thing!"
post #1329 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

A friend just sent me this:

 

 

(Account from a Kansas State Trooper)
 
 I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on US
166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her
driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance
 
The lady took out  the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal
carry permit. I looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her
possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had .45 automatic in her glove box.
 
Something, body language, or the way she said it made me want to ask if
she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in
her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all, she responded once again she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.

I then asked her what was she so afraid of?
She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a darn thing!"


If the officer searched her bag, he would have found a taser. rolleyes.gif

 

post #1330 of 1606

Good one Anaxilus.

post #1331 of 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post

Here's a 6mmBR I just built.  Savage Target Action, Shilen Select Match 30" Barrel, McRees Precision Stock and a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 Scope.  Best group so far is .219", but still experimenting with various handloads.

 

IMG_3413.JPG


 

 

 

Zeiss Conquest are a *great* value, aren't they? I had a 3x9 on a 30-06 Sako 75 Finnlight, both of which were sold a couple of years ago. 

post #1332 of 1606

Whoa.........

post #1333 of 1606

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose View Post

My new toy:

 

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzctMjAxMTA4MTUtMjEzOC5qcGc.jpg



And a new toy for the above which arrived today:

 

utf-8BSU1HMDAwODEtMjAxMTA4MzEtMTI0My5qcGc.jpg

post #1334 of 1606

^ I have 5 of those toy---one T-1, the rest H-1s.

 

 

motivatorf8828c0b1e54e3 copy.jpg

post #1335 of 1606

^ I have 5 of those toys---one T-1, the rest H-1s.

 

 

motivatorf8828c0b1e54e3.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home