Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio 2 - A Work of Visual and Sonic Beauty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio 2 - A Work of Visual and Sonic Beauty - Page 2

post #16 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanger View Post
X2
ETA: May 20th, if not later.
You can almost cut the anticipation with a knife.
post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenhand View Post
You can almost cut the anticipation with a knife.
What, no ETA from you?
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlanger View Post
What, no ETA from you?
in post #12 he gives an eta which you proceed to comment on in post #15 of this thread.
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveDerek View Post
in post #12 he gives an eta which you proceed to comment on in post #15 of this thread.
I knew that.
post #20 of 36

CRYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
There are a number of interesting 6DE7 versions out here. I recently purchased some with triple getters. They are RCA with two side getters and one U top getter, no shield and all black plates. I have some Sylvania all black plate with shield, some with all grey plate and shield and some with the driver as a grey plate and the power section of the tube as a black plate. Intersting combinations, now to see how they sound.
Yes the 6de7.I have the woo6 and bought the rca's to try,liked the stock ge's better.Bought more rca's syl's ge's,had them cryoed.Just got them and put the syl's in.To me,cleaner sound,deeper,tighter base.I would describe the process as cast steel to forged.
post #21 of 36
Maybe I should be a GZ34 metal base cryoed. Where do you get it done? I knew of a place in Pheonix but I never tried them.
post #22 of 36
BTW, not to hi-jack the thread too much, but did any of you who ordered from Jack get a "your stuff has been sent out"-mail?
If so, then I can probably forget about receiving my WA6 before next weekend (since no such mail has been received). ;'(
I had my hopes up on spending the weekend in WA6/W5000 bliss, but that is looking pretty dark at the moment.
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenhand View Post
BTW, not to hi-jack the thread too much, but did any of you who ordered from Jack get a "your stuff has been sent out"-mail?
If so, then I can probably forget about receiving my WA6 before next weekend (since no such mail has been received). ;'(
I had my hopes up on spending the weekend in WA6/W5000 bliss, but that is looking pretty dark at the moment.
You may, in fact, be waiting until the week of the 20th as I am. Jack mentioned that some parts for the Woo6 were back ordered and that he wouldn't be able to ship out to me before then.

Now, that could also mean that he will get the parts earlier and that there are a number of people ahead of me (like you) for whom he must finish and ship the amp first. Here's hoping for your sake that it's the latter.

BTW, couldn't resist ordering a matching headphone stand too. So I asked Jack if he could ship that out right away. "Nope, sorry, that's back ordered too".
post #24 of 36
I re-eally hope I receive it this coming week, but things aren't looking too bright. On what date did you place your order, and on what date did he let you know some parts were on back order, btw?
post #25 of 36

nitrogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
Maybe I should be a GZ34 metal base cryoed. Where do you get it done? I knew of a place in Pheonix but I never tried them.
Hi J,Got them done at Cryoset.com.He is very carefull with the tubes meaning he takes at least a week to bring them down and back.Personally I would be hard pressed sending a million dollar tube to the freezer.As I said,just got them and only just put in the syl's and I was impressed with the difference.Having said that,what if it's just the nature of the tube?Either way with the 6de7's there is very little money involved.I have the bugle boy rectifier and an incredible set of 6de7's.BEST
post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenhand View Post
I re-eally hope I receive it this coming week, but things aren't looking too bright. On what date did you place your order, and on what date did he let you know some parts were on back order, btw?
I ordered on the 5th and we had some back and forth on the 6th.
post #27 of 36
Thread Starter 
Guys,

You are running this thread off into the weeds. It is about the Woo Audio 2. Please stay on topic. Thank you.

I will have more to say on this amp when I can find some time to listen to it.

--Jerome
post #28 of 36
It's about Woo amps and tubes. The information is interchangable to a great degree. Cryo some tubes for the 2 and the results might be very worthwhile. Also tube selection is a huge player and this conversation subscribes to that notion.
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jones View Post
Hi J,Got them done at Cryoset.com.He is very carefull with the tubes meaning he takes at least a week to bring them down and back.Personally I would be hard pressed sending a million dollar tube to the freezer.As I said,just got them and only just put in the syl's and I was impressed with the difference.Having said that,what if it's just the nature of the tube?Either way with the 6de7's there is very little money involved.I have the bugle boy rectifier and an incredible set of 6de7's.BEST
How much does Ron in Cryoset charge for this service?
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenhand View Post
BTW, not to hi-jack the thread too much, but did any of you who ordered from Jack get a "your stuff has been sent out"-mail?
If so, then I can probably forget about receiving my WA6 before next weekend (since no such mail has been received). ;'(
I had my hopes up on spending the weekend in WA6/W5000 bliss, but that is looking pretty dark at the moment.
For my case, Jack send me a notice of shipment together with a tracking number. But this may only applies to international shipment.

FWIW.
F. Lo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio 2 - A Work of Visual and Sonic Beauty