Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!) - Page 13

post #181 of 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoyote View Post
The July selection of Michael Jackson's Rare Beer Club:

Brooklyn Local 1 !!!

Check this out:
Brooklyn_Brewery's_Beer_Page
Make sure to watch the video too.
thanks dude.

No idea about Alesmith. I just know they make some top rated stuff and it is available.

Can you get 3 Floyds??
post #182 of 1979
^Haven't seen them in a while, but I think we will be carrying some of them soon.

Today, for the holiday, I am toasting the community with a Rochefort 6. Since this is an authentic Trappist ale and the monks have taken a vow of silence I can say no more....just get one...
post #183 of 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoyote View Post
^Haven't seen them in a while, but I think we will be carrying some of them soon.

Today, for the holiday, I am toasting the community with a Rochefort 6. Since this is an authentic Trappist ale and the monks have taken a vow of silence I can say no more....just get one...
I will get a Rochefort 10 next time and maybe a bomber of Chimay Blue. Happy 4th dude. Stay off the roads.
post #184 of 1979
^You know it.
Get 3 Chimay Blue's and cellar one down for ~10 years and another for ~25.
post #185 of 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoyote View Post
^You know it.
Get 3 Chimay Blue's and cellar one down for ~10 years and another for ~25.
My taste buds will be dead in 25 years.

EDIT: You do not cellar your beers laying on their sides right?
post #186 of 1979
^Standing upright. Unlike laying down a bottle of wine a beer benefits from standing upright, especially corked beer. When you lay down a bottle of wine it seals the cork, but a beer may leak due to the preasure.
When I say "lay down" what I really mean is "cellar" as a verb, i.e. to cellar.
post #187 of 1979
in.
post #188 of 1979
post #189 of 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus View Post
Eichbaum Ureich,US Army,Mannheim,1981-1983
No sign of this one in the states,sadly missed.
Ha, you were drinking it long before I even walked this silly planet.

Eichbaum is one of the less obscure German beers, you'd expect the better liquor stores to have it. Though I must say, I haven't seen it here either...
post #190 of 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
Ha, you were drinking it long before I even walked this silly planet.

Eichbaum is one of the less obscure German beers, you'd expect the better liquor stores to have it. Though I must say, I haven't seen it here either...
Amsterdam's finest brewer.
http://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/
post #191 of 1979
Thread Starter 
post #192 of 1979
^That's an old bottle! Or, at least, not from normal US distribution. The La Trappe beers are now labeled as Koningshoeven. What is the "best by..." or bottling date on that one?

Hey Cleophus...where do you get your Ij? I am trying to locate it so I can carry it at the store I work in. We carry ~750 craft beers but at this moment we don't have Ij. I've seen it in Pennsylvania but not in New Jersey.
post #193 of 1979
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoyote View Post
^That's an old bottle! Or, at least, not from normal US distribution. The La Trappe beers are now labeled as Koningshoeven. What is the "best by..." or bottling date on that one?

Hey Cleophus...where do you get your Ij? I am trying to locate it so I can carry it at the store I work in. We carry ~750 craft beers but at this moment we don't have Ij. I've seen it in Pennsylvania but not in New Jersey.
I don't remember it's date. I had took that pic years ago.
post #194 of 1979
As I wait in breathless anticipation for the remainder on my ingredients and my Phil Mill my thoughts have begun to ruminate. I have, or will have soon, enough ingredients to brew several 5 gallon batches of craft beer, all of which are going to be Belgian in style. At least they were...



Old Plowshare Stout, organic
and,

Old No. 38 Stout

Both are brewed by North Coast Brewing Company in Fort Bragg, on the Mendocino Coast in California. And, both are excellent examples of the Dry Stout style perfected in Ireland. The former is creamy chocolaty fruity toasty while the latter is toasty fruity leathery nectary!

Funny thing is, it wasn't trying these stouts that convinced me to brew one but rather the idea of brewing something so different from the Belgian beers I am impassioned with.

Wish me luck!
post #195 of 1979
I like a bottle or two of Rickard's Red, but I actually prefer Strongbow Cider. Its the happy medium between a good ballsy beer and a crisp apple cider. AND it packs quite a punch in the face.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)