Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!) - Page 120

post #1786 of 1946

Has anybody enjoyed the brewery: Unibroue? La Fin Du Monde is one of my favorite all time beers, all there stuff is actually incredible. 

post #1787 of 1946
I've enjoyed La Fin Du Monde numerous times as well as Maudite. Great stuff.
post #1788 of 1946

Unibroue has some excellent brews, I enjoy their Terrible, Éphémère, La Fin Du Monde, and Maudite.

post #1789 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBurger View Post

Has anybody enjoyed the brewery: Unibroue? La Fin Du Monde is one of my favorite all time beers, all there stuff is actually incredible. 

Unibroue's La Fin du Monde and Trois Pistoles were gateway drugs for me, but I haven't had a chance to revisit those beers in several years. 

post #1790 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBurger View Post

Has anybody enjoyed the brewery: Unibroue? La Fin Du Monde is one of my favorite all time beers, all there stuff is actually incredible. 

Incredibly strong too.blink.gif

post #1791 of 1946

Yeah! Gotta love those 9+ % beers! 

 

Is anyone here as off the IPA craze as I am? I think the time has passed and I am just about done with people "hyper-hopping" beers just because its fashionable now-a-days. 

post #1792 of 1946

I'd totally agree with that.  I'm not an IPA fan, but when I started homebrewing, a number of friends were pushing for an IPA.  Perhaps down the road, but it's not my mug of beer.

post #1793 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBurger View Post

Yeah! Gotta love those 9+ % beers! 

 

Is anyone here as off the IPA craze as I am? I think the time has passed and I am just about done with people "hyper-hopping" beers just because its fashionable now-a-days. 

 

I still love IPA's (International IPA day today, if you didn't know) and it's really the US's primary contribution to the world of craft beer with the utilization of all these new world hops that have been cultivated here and in Australia/New Zealand.  I'm not a big fan of hyper hopping until it's bitter as can be, but I love a well balanced IPA where the hop sweet and bitter flavors are in harmony with a good malt bill. 

post #1794 of 1946

I do enjoy a IPA every so often but it's not my main go to style of beer. I hate over hopped and bitter IPAs that has a IBU rating of 80+, like Daigo I prefer a well balanced IPA.

post #1795 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBurger View Post

Yeah! Gotta love those 9+ % beers! 

 

Is anyone here as off the IPA craze as I am? I think the time has passed and I am just about done with people "hyper-hopping" beers just because its fashionable now-a-days. 

 

I love IPAs, but I hate that it's become the buzz word for good beer. People are equating high IBU's with better taste, it's very annoying. I'd almost rather have many "mainstreamers" not know about craft beer than those who only talk/know about IPAs.

post #1796 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

Did you have any Belgian beers?

No, I didn't unfortunately, I'm going back to Europe in a couple weeks, so I should have a chance to try some Belgian beers soon though, any suggestions what Belgian beers to try?

post #1797 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanSleeve View Post

No, I didn't unfortunately, I'm going back to Europe in a couple weeks, so I should have a chance to try some Belgian beers soon though, any suggestions what Belgian beers to try?

 

Where do I start? :)

Duvel, Omer, Karmeliet, Delirium, Westmalle, are my fav ones. All the trapists you have to try of course, and then there are a few hundred others :)

post #1798 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

Where do I start? :)

Duvel, Omer, Karmeliet, Delirium, Westmalle, are my fav ones. All the trapists you have to try of course, and then there are a few hundred others :)

Oh wow! I'll look forward to trying those, and as many others as possible also! 

post #1799 of 1946
Thread Starter 

dsc7605j.jpg
Rogue - VooDoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale (14* Plato, 30 IBU, 76 AA, 30* Lovibond)
- Light aromatics of brown sugar upon opening..and smokiness
- Cloudy, rich amber color, light CO2 head, hardly any lacing
- Medium body mouthy feel, slightly silky, not much CO2
- Smokey amber malts & grains .. hardly any bitter/hops
- Slight toasted/roasted maple/dark sugar flavors
- A kinda weird, clean but off tasting aftertaste flavors .. maybe slight metallic
- I would not say this tasted anything like a maple doughnut with bacon..
- Not sure if I would get it again .. 5/10

post #1800 of 1946

I found the entire thing completely unpalatable - 0/10 would be giving it too much credit (think I posted a similar photo in this same thread a few months ago)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post


Rogue - VooDoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale (14* Plato, 30 IBU, 76 AA, 30* Lovibond)
- Light aromatics of brown sugar upon opening..and smokiness
- Cloudy, rich amber color, light CO2 head, hardly any lacing
- Medium body mouthy feel, slightly silky, not much CO2
- Smokey amber malts & grains .. hardly any bitter/hops
- Slight toasted/roasted maple/dark sugar flavors
- A kinda weird, clean but off tasting aftertaste flavors .. maybe slight metallic
- I would not say this tasted anything like a maple doughnut with bacon..
- Not sure if I would get it again .. 5/10

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)