Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!) - Page 110

post #1636 of 1946

Yup, tap the bottle and twist the cap.


Edited by warubozu - 1/17/12 at 1:28pm
post #1637 of 1946

So I've had Great Divide's Denver Pale Ale in the past, thought I'd pick up another Great Divide beer.  Got their Titan IPA from the local store ($9.99 a 6 pack is pretty nice too) and all I can say is WOW...I'd read some reviews on it before on beeradvocate.com and thought I'd give it a try.  As mentioned before, I'm still relatively new to craft beers, but this is just something else.  I'm savoring it slowly, probably gonna drink just 2 a night so the taste doesn't get hazy haha.  But here's to wonderful beer, its brewers and drinkers, and all those who may appreciate it.  Couldn't live without it beerchug.gif

post #1638 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post

So I've had Great Divide's Denver Pale Ale in the past, thought I'd pick up another Great Divide beer.  Got their Titan IPA from the local store ($9.99 a 6 pack is pretty nice too) and all I can say is WOW...I'd read some reviews on it before on beeradvocate.com and thought I'd give it a try.  As mentioned before, I'm still relatively new to craft beers, but this is just something else.  I'm savoring it slowly, probably gonna drink just 2 a night so the taste doesn't get hazy haha.  But here's to wonderful beer, its brewers and drinkers, and all those who may appreciate it.  Couldn't live without it beerchug.gif



If you can find the Great Divide Brewer's Pick 12 pack get it. It has 3 Yeti, 3 Titan IPA, 3 Denver Pale Ale, and 3 Hibernation Ales. All great beer at a great price.

post #1639 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post



If you can find the Great Divide Brewer's Pick 12 pack get it. It has 3 Yeti, 3 Titan IPA, 3 Denver Pale Ale, and 3 Hibernation Ales. All great beer at a great price.


Nice! Unfortunately, my beer selection is rather limited here in Alabama...I tell my friends I'm drinking a pale ale and they're like what's that? It can't be as good as Budweiser! Arguing with them is pointless, almost like trying to convince a beats wearer of the incompetence of his headphones rolleyes.gif.  But that's a discussion for another thread tongue.gif

 

But back on topic: I'm going to Italy for a few months on Sunday.  Anyone know of any good Italian beers I should try?

post #1640 of 1946

NDUWv.jpg

 

Recent haul!

post #1641 of 1946


Looks like you trade beer to acquire beer from such a wide variety of distribution areas :P
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post

NDUWv.jpg

 

Recent haul!



 

post #1642 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post


Looks like you trade beer to acquire beer from such a wide variety of distribution areas :P
 



Actually, I've never traded. I'm just extremely fortunate to be near Philly and living in New Jersey. Between the two states I can't think of anything I can't get that I want.

post #1643 of 1946

Let us know what you think of Ballast Point's Victory at Sea, I have a bottle of it somewhere stored away.

post #1644 of 1946

I tried to like Two Hearted Ale a few times, like 18 times actually, literally, but we just didn't click and I moved on.  Besides the balance being a bit off for me, the mouth feel was so strange, almost like a watery consistency.  Weird.

post #1645 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post



Actually, I've never traded. I'm just extremely fortunate to be near Philly and living in New Jersey. Between the two states I can't think of anything I can't get that I want.


That is a sweet spot for distribution, getting access to most west coast, mid west and great lakes area breweries.  Being in California, I do have to trade in order to try some of the better breweries from back east like Founders and Bells.  

 

post #1646 of 1946

Yeah it's odd that a state with perhaps the best distribution in the country, New Jersey, is up there for worst place to go to a bar.

post #1647 of 1946

Opened a Trader Joe's Vintage Ale.  Made by Unibroue and only $5 for a bottle, this is a great deal!  It reminds me of the two Unibroues I enjoy, the Maudite and La Fin Du Monde with their spices, but it's darker than either of those and maltier.

 

Oops, forgot the pictures.

 

IMG_0542.JPG

 

IMG_0546.JPG


Edited by Eee Pee - 1/22/12 at 8:55am
post #1648 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post

Yeah it's odd that a state with perhaps the best distribution in the country, New Jersey, is up there for worst place to go to a bar.



That's too bad.  I always thought that there were a lot of excellent craft beer bars on the east coast.  I'm lucky that there are many good bar options here in the SF bay area for beer.  I just wished more of the Cantillon beers would make its way in distribution here though.  The temptation to order directly from Belgium is so great, but I've been kept in check by the high shipping costs.  

post #1649 of 1946

There are, just not in New Jersey. Philly is a mecca.

post #1650 of 1946

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Opened a Trader Joe's Vintage Ale.  Made by Unibroue and only $5 for a bottle, this is a great deal!  It reminds me of the two Unibroues I enjoy, the Maudite and La Fin Du Monde with their spices, but it's darker than either of those and maltier.


I was a little underwhelmed by this latest one. The clerk at TJ's suggested storing them, so I'll try that, but I recall previous Vintage Ales tasted perfectly fine while fresh.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)